Congratulations to Conrad Balatoni

John S

jamboinglasgow

looked solid yesterday with U19's. another decent center back coming through the ranks.

well done Balatoni

Congrats, tbh i wasn't first sure about him early this season, but he has stepped up to the mark in the u19's.

I would go as far as to say the 2 best centre halves we have at that level (u19's) are Conrad and Rapnik...... from what i have witnessed i would have both ahead of McGowan(that is not saying McGowan is a bad player).

Charlie-Brown

Balatoni & Rapnik are both more natural defenders / traditional defensive players than McGowan who whilst a very capable centre half he can also play equally well in defensive midfield or even as an attacking midfielder breaking into the box.

Eggert Jonsson, Ryan McGowan & Gary Glen can & have all been used in a number of different team positions which probably makes them the best all round footballers in terms of our young players.

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1277520,00.html

Trio scoop YPOTY awards!

Hearts tonight rewarded three of the club's brightest starlets at the Young Player of the Year Awards here at Tynecastle Stadium. Andrew Driver, a regular first-team star this season, scooped the Overall Young Player of the Year Award for his impressive performances over the course of the campaign.

U19s skipper Ryan McGowan, hugely consistent for Darren Murray's youth side was awarded the U19 Player of the Year Award.

Conrad Balatoni, also a regular in the U19s this season, picked up the U17 Player of the Year gong.

The Young Player of the Year Awards ceremony, this year co-managed by the Hearts Youth Development Committee and Hearts Events, recognises the achievements of Hearts Football Academy stars of the future.

All profits from the night are used to fund academy teams' participation in key summer tournaments.

Hearts.TV will have exclusive action montages of the winners from the night, plus coverage of the event itself, later tomorrow.

meridian jambo
Congrats, tbh i wasn't first sure about him early this season, but he has stepped up to the mark in the u19's.

I would go as far as to say the 2 best centre halves we have at that level (u19's) are Conrad and Rapnik...... from what i have witnessed i would have both ahead of McGowan(that is not saying McGowan is a bad player).

For those there tonight -remember Ryan said his favorite position is centre midfield, not centre half.

Toxteth O'Grady

Well done to Conrad

I' didn't know he was so young, he always looks so assured in the under 19's and is certainly not shy when it comes to organising the defence.

Archived