aberdeen v falkirk moved

savage

i am a bit concerned by this because if we win at killie on saturday aberdeen can't catch us so will they be that bothered about stopping falkirk. think it is unfair that they will know our result before playing on the monday night.

i am a bit concerned by this because if we win at killie on saturday aberdeen can't catch us so will they be that bothered about stopping falkirk. think it is unfair that they will know our result before playing on the monday night.

Its the SPL's fault that we need favours to finish in the top 6 ?

Dirk Diggler

That's football.

Not really interested in the other game as yet, My concern is Hearts getting the 3 points at Rugby Park. Something which we have been struggling to do recently.

That's football.

Not really interested in the other game as yet, My concern is Hearts getting the 3 points at Rugby Park. Something which we have been struggling to do recently.

I feel the same, we have had plenty of chances to get above falkirk and their game against the sheep would have been irrelevant.

IF and its a big one, we beat Killie then I still think Aberdeen will have something to play for. The players have cup semi places to win and even finishing one place higher in the league at the end of the season has financial benefits which given the state of Aberdeen's finances, makes the game relevant.

I thought we were only ahead of the Sheep on goal difference, so surely a big win over Falkirk would still give them a chance?

I thought we were only ahead of the Sheep on goal difference, so surely a big win over Falkirk would still give them a chance?

Our current goal difference is

Hearts F42, A48, GD -6

Aberdeen F 41,A52, GD-11

Even if we only get a modest 1-0 in Kilmarnock we go to

Hearts F43, A48,GD -5

Aberdeen F41, A52, GD -11

Meaning Aberdeen would have to beat Falkirk by 6 clear goals to overtake us on Goals scored.

Paradoxically our position would be arguably better if we'd lost 7-0 to Rangers as we would be able to set Aberdeen a target that they wouldn't be likely to achieve but would at least be worth chasing.

I agree, it is unfair, and unacceptable. Hearts should protest.

Our current goal difference is

Hearts F42, A48, GD -6

Aberdeen F 41,A52, GD-11

Even if we only get a modest 1-0 in Kilmarnock we go to

Hearts F43, A48,GD -5

Aberdeen F41, A52, GD -11

Meaning Aberdeen would have to beat Falkirk by 6 clear goals to overtake us on Goals scored.

Paradoxically our position would be arguably better if we'd lost 7-0 to Rangers as we would be able to set Aberdeen a target that they wouldn't be likely to achieve but would at least be worth chasing.

I think it has worked out perfectly. Aberdeen players told they need to win 6-0 and the Falkirk players told they need to win. Both are going to go for it but niether will succeed.

All we have to do is win at Killie.

I felt this was unfair too but we've lots of points at home and we should have beaten Falkirk last week. Its our own fault or SF for last weeks result(team selection).

It's the SPL's fault that this could happen to the team in seventh after 32 games whoever they were. The SPL would still warrant criticism if it were Inverness that faced this situation.

Allocating blame for the fact that the team in question happens to be us is a separate issue that has been thoroughly covered on lots of other threads.

The SPL have quite simply got this wrong. The Monday night game should not have involved any team that could be playing for a top 6 finish. Whoever gets the final top 6 place still have a small but realistic chance of getting into Europe as well as more money for their club. Falkirk will set their stall out depending on our result. If we win, they need to win. If we draw or lose, a draw will do them; this scenario would not be allowed to happen on the final day of the season. Makes it quite an exciting match for setanta, but it is still wrong. I also think playing games consectutively can change matches as results from each match filter through and fans can get behind teams more if they know results are going their way, or not elswhere.

We'll just have to do our best and try and beat Kilmarnock - then it's squeeky bum time on Monday Night!

dkmmgcycbwc

The SPL are meant to organise a competition that treats all clubs equally.

They do not. That IS their fault.

Jambof3tornado

2 games that should have been kicking off at the same time on the same day.

The problem we have is that television rights now runs the footballing world and there is FA the GFA could do about it anyways.

If and its a big if we beat killie then we can all start supporting the sheep(but not too much in case they get the 6 goals plus haha)

Have to agree that if we dont make top 6 its because of lots of other poor performances this season!!!

So you are saying Aberdeen are going to chuck the game. What difference does it make when they play ? Seriously it seems like any excuse is to blame for our own failings. Did the spl stop us beating St Mirren and Falkirk the past 2 weeks ? If we had done that then their game would be irrelevant. However the fact is on the last weekend of the split we have a mid table game that actually means something. The TV loves this sort of thing so why shouldn't they show it ? I am sure both aberdeen and falkirk will happily take the cash.

The SPL have quite simply got this wrong. The Monday night game should not have involved any team that could be playing for a top 6 finish. Whoever gets the final top 6 place still have a small but realistic chance of getting into Europe as well as more money for their club. Falkirk will set their stall out depending on our result. If we win, they need to win. If we draw or lose, a draw will do them; this scenario would not be allowed to happen on the final day of the season. Makes it quite an exciting match for setanta, but it is still wrong. I also think playing games consectutively can change matches as results from each match filter through and fans can get behind teams more if they know results are going their way, or not elswhere.

We'll just have to do our best and try and beat Kilmarnock - then it's squeeky bum time on Monday Night!

a bit OTT for the top six

portobellojambo1
2 games that should have been kicking off at the same time on the same day.

The problem we have is that television rights now runs the footballing world and there is FA the GFA could do about it anyways.

Agree with what you say, i.e. that the schedule of games is now very much dictated by television, but I thought that the games on the weekend the league splits all had to be scheduled for the same time, although this proves that is obviously not the case.

Setanta have balls it up but there are schedules to think of, which are done far in advance, and they would have no idea it would play out like it has.

What would have been best, from a showcase point of view, would have been to have Aberdeen v Falkirk on the Saturday morning or Sunday afternoon and then Kilmarnock v Hearts on the Monday.

maroonlegions
Setanta have balls it up but there are schedules to think of, which are done far in advance, and they would have no idea it would play out like it has.

What would have been best, from a showcase point of view, would have been to have Aberdeen v Falkirk on the Saturday morning or Sunday afternoon and then Kilmarnock v Hearts on the Monday.

awe feck them all, WE WILL BEAT KILLIE , the sheep and hobohugeskirk will draw, ROLL ON THE TOP SIX AND OVER TAKING THE HOBOS.:107years::107years:;):)

There is a solution.

The Falkirk game has been moved to Monday night for TV reasons and that will always take precedence so why don't the SPL move our game too?

And in fact it could easily have played out in a far more awkward way where a win would have been good enough for either team but a draw no good for either...

alwaysthereinspirit

Seeing as we're all Hearts fans and nothings ever been easy. The more likely scenario is that we win 1-0 at Kilmarnock and Aberdeen are 3-0 up at half time against Falkirk. Falkirk then realise they cant finish 6th and let Aberdeen score 4 more goals. Paranoid? Not me.

Zali Cinnamon

This is ridiculously short notice. Harsh on the Falkirk fans who've booked trains, hotels or whatever.

It's the SPL's fault that this could happen to the team in seventh after 32 games whoever they were. The SPL would still warrant criticism if it were Inverness that faced this situation.

Allocating blame for the fact that the team in question happens to be us is a separate issue that has been thoroughly covered on lots of other threads.

Correction:

I've just checked the Falkirk Website they announced the rescheduling last Wednesday.

AGREED !!

colinmaroon

When there are issues to be decided, no matter whether it be championships, relegation, Euro qualification or, in the case of the joke that is the SPL, ALL the games should be played on the same day!

Never going to happen, because the SPL would sell that 'right' for a packet of crisps!!!

Unless of course, it favoured the Bigot Brothers!!!

Could you imagine Rangers playing on the Saturday, and Hearts challenging being allowed to play with the advantage of playing on the Monday night in whatever scenario!!!???

By The Light..
I think it has worked out perfectly. Aberdeen players told they need to win 6-0 and the Falkirk players told they need to win. Both are going to go for it but niether will succeed.

All we have to do is win at Killie.

I agree. The Setanta Monday game move is part of the game in Scotland now, like it or lump it.

If we can go there and win then excellent, but we have as much chance of winning at Rugby park as we did when we played Falkirk last week.

Every chance, but it will hang on a few decisions and getting the rub of the green, we have not got a side that can compete with any consistency.

BTW - and we have not won there since Aug05...

dellboy1971

This is a joke final games of season played at same time

why not final day of split what a joke sfa trying to stitch

up hearts again

example both team will know what they have to do

1. aberdeen will know how many goal they will need to score

what do you think

It sucks, and I dont agree with it.

However - the game was moved prior to our win at the weekend, not as a result of it. No-one expected us to even still be in with a shout of the Top 6 at this stage.

Its wrong. But its not a big "out to get us" conspiracy i'm afraid.

QUOTE]

If we win mate then Aberdeen need to win 7-0 to go above us. Cannot see that happening somehow. More likely that Falkirk know exactly what they need to do but they know that anyway - win!

I do agree with your point though and all games resulting in qualification should be played at the same time!

cobbyshambles

hughes seems to think it's going to wreck falkirk's chances more than anything else,though i don't see how.

hughes seems to think it's going to wreck falkirk's chances more than anything else,though i don't see how.

He's a ****.

Csaba's Broon Shoes
This is a joke final games of season played at same time

why not final day of split what a joke sfa trying to stitch

up hearts again

example both team will know what they have to do

what do you think

The club must object to this , at these 2 games being

played on different days . Only in Scotland could this happen

absolute farce

givememychoice

Yes, Hearts should have scored more points etc already this season. But we havent.

If we were playing the games at the same time then Falkirk would have to go for the win IN CASE we won our game. That would mean they could lose heavily. So, we draw, they lose heavily and we go ahead of them with only a draw.

However, if we draw on sat, then come monday, they will play a nullifying game like they did against us. Poor as we were that day, they didnt really trouble our goalmouth either.

If anybody thinks that knowing the result needed doesnt change things, look at Liverpool. How do they do so well in the champions league compared to their premiership showing? Because Rafa knows how to deal with getting the right result (not necessarily a win)

I think setanta were thinking that dundee united would beat hearts and leave mondays game the decider, it was decided last week so the conspiricy theory is rubbish and i very much doubt that the spl is doing this to damage heats chances, just the way it has happened.

Archived