I'm ready when you are, Gary Glen

Buffalo Bill

Buffalo Bill

Following on from my post re Gary Glen's amazing half time shoot-out (he stuck near every shot away, and several in the top corner), when is this guy going to get a run out in the team?

Of course, he's just a young lad and the timing has to be right, but I have a feeling the could be a star in the making.

Has anyone (Andy68?) seen much of him?

Is he highly rated at Hearts?

Buffalo Bill

Following on from my post re Gary Glen's amazing half time shoot-out (he stuck near every shot away, and several in the top corner), when is this guy going to get a run out in the team?

Of course, he's just a young lad and the timing has to be right, but I have a feeling the could be a star in the making.

Buffalo Bill

Very highly rated and not just by Hearts.

Man Utd still smarting at him choosing to come to Hearts to learn his trade rather than join their academy.

Every time I have seen him play for the 19s he is great. He is at his best when running at defenders around the edge of the box and he does have a great shot on him. I cant rememebr who it was against, possibly Rangers when he scored a total screamer for the 19s. Throw him in and give him a chance I say.

Fat Striker

Missed this as was watching the Under 12's play but hallelujah! at last we have someone who can stick the ball away (in an empty net).

It bugs the hell out of me week in week out (and it's not just Hearts that are guilty of this) to see well paid professional footballers consistantly blast the ball over or wide of an empty goal during the warm up.

Seriously though, hope Glen gets his chance before the end of the season.

From Perth to Paisley

Buffalo Bill

Was watching him warm up as well.

Right foot, Left foot not a problem!! Looks like a real prospect.

Heard the ability is there however, as with many of our young players do not apply themselves correctly. This being direct result of the mismanagement and 5 -year contracts, leaving them no incentive to continually better themselves as players - examples aplenty at tynie!

Was watching him warm up as well.

Right foot, Left foot not a problem!! Looks like a real prospect.

We never did figure out what foot he favored!

:sad:

Mr Quagmire

Buffalo Bill

I think Gary Glen will get some first team games if we stay in the bottom six. I think he will feature in our pre season with the first team if we make it into the top six.

Apparently Branny reckons he is better than Glen and should be in the first team before him ! Baws.

Mr Quagmire
Heard the ability is there however, as with many of our young players do not apply themselves correctly. This being direct result of the mismanagement and 5 -year contracts, leaving them no incentive to continually better themselves as players - examples aplenty at tynie!

Rubbish.

So he was the little guy who buried about 6 in a row?

The goalie barely even moved for most of them. I thought his finishing was excellent.

Mr Quagmire
Branny should learn to play well consistently for the 19s then eh?

Yeah he should also learn a bit of respect.

Mr Quagmire
So he was the little guy who buried about 6 in a row?

The goalie barely even moved for most of them. I thought his finishing was excellent.

Yeah.

I?ve taken that from what been told at shareholders meetings and players from 19's. Countless players who have stagnated as players in last few season for those exact reasons. Elliot, Mole, Wallace along with countless other jokers sitting with their feet up in the exact same situation..

I?ve taken that from what been told at shareholders meetings and players from 19's. Countless players who have stagnated as players in last few season for those exact reasons. Elliot, Mole, Wallace along with countless other jokers sitting with their feet up in the exact same situation..

I think you could have a valid point.

Wallace has started to look like a player again over the last month or so, Clum has not looked like a player for 2 years or more and Mole, the jury is still firmly out on him.

Buffalo Bill

Not wanting to start another Elliot debate, but he is also very good in practice. Then the game starts...

Ryan Gosling
Not wanting to start another Elliot debate, but he is also very good in practice. Then the game starts...

Is he? He scored 3 out of 19 that I saw last weekend. With no goalie.

Is he? He scored 3 out of 19 that I saw last weekend. With no goalie.

Wasn't at the game on Sat but he really is good most of the time. Hits the ball hard as well.

The 5 year contracts were introduced to stop our emerging players from doing a Webster and fecking off as soon as they want to.

I think Gary Glen will get some first team games if we stay in the bottom six. I think he will feature in our pre season with the first team if we make it into the top six.

Apparently Branny reckons he is better than Glen and should be in the first team before him ! Baws.

What?s with the anti-Kostadinov propaganda?

I cant believe your rating a player on a half time warm up:confused:

Well I don?t have anything else to go on either...

It is quite amazing how many footballers seem to try to be cute when kicking a ball and end up slicing it...Shooting practice is shooting practice whereever it is conducted. The reason Skacel was so good for Hearts was that his rate for getting shots on target was probably over 80%. This was apparent when he was warming up too. I watch some Hearts players warm-up and TBH they look like their accuracy is worse than the fans playing "I?m so Dizzy"(or whatever it is called) and this also is reflected in matches...

Ray Winstone
What?s with the anti-Kostadinov propaganda?

Because when the club wants to send you out on loan to get some experience and you refuse then it shows that you have the wrong attitude.

Because when the club wants to send you out on loan to get some experience and you refuse then it shows that you have the wrong attitude.

Where did the club want to send him? First division ok, but anywhere lower and a technical player like I expect Kostadinov is, will get a kicking as the has-beens and never-weres "assert" themselves on the young superstar from the big league?s academy...

Ryan Gosling
Well I don?t have anything else to go on either...

It is quite amazing how many footballers seem to try to be cute when kicking a ball and end up slicing it...Shooting practice is shooting practice whereever it is conducted. The reason Skacel was so good for Hearts was that his rate for getting shots on target was probably over 80%. This was apparent when he was warming up too. I watch some Hearts players warm-up and TBH they look like their accuracy is worse than the fans playing "I?m so Dizzy"(or whatever it is called) and this also is reflected in matches...

Skacel's percentage on target was 62%, and he hit the woodwork 5 times - the most out of any player in the SPL. 93 shots.

Last season, Miko had 55 shots (41% on target) and hit the woodwork once. He had the most shots of any players in our team.

Skacel's percentage on target was 62%, and he hit the woodwork 5 times - the most out of any player in the SPL. 93 shots.

Last season, Miko had 55 shots (41% on target) and hit the woodwork once. He had the most shots of any players in our team.

Crikey! Where do you get that info?!!! I?m impressed... And I guess my estimate was OTT but I still stand by the point I was trying to make!:)

Propaganda ?? whit are you on about ?

Is it not obvious?. I marked it in bold for you - On a thread about Gary Glen you start a sentence with "Apparently" and then say something totally unsubstantiated about Kostadinov.

Mr Quagmire
Where did the club want to send him? First division ok, but anywhere lower and a technical player like I expect Kostadinov is, will get a kicking as the has-beens and never-weres "assert" themselves on the young superstar from the big league?s academy...

Apparently he turned down the chance to go to Raith and also the Blue Brazil.

If he wasn't hyped up so much then i personally think he would be a much better player with a better chance of making it.

But thats not happening, in fact people are hyping him up more and more.

Shame really.

Mr Quagmire
Is it not obvious?. I marked it in bold for you - On a thread about Gary Glen you start a sentence with "Apparently" and then say something totally unsubstantiated about Kostadinov.

and how is it unsubstantiated ??

His brother has even admitted it and also that he has refused to clean the first teams boots.

Buffalo Bill

My mate plays for Falkirk and says he's the best laddie for his age in Scotland he's played against.

Buffalo Bill
Missed this as was watching the Under 12's play but hallelujah! at last we have someone who can stick the ball away (in an empty net).

It bugs the hell out of me week in week out (and it's not just Hearts that are guilty of this) to see well paid professional footballers consistantly blast the ball over or wide of an empty goal during the warm up.

The goal wasn't empty mate.

Buffalo Bill

Buffalo Bill
I cant believe your rating a player on a half time warm up:confused:

I'm special.

_41934624_dlt_203_300.jpg

Buffalo Bill

After asking about them on another thread, here are this season stats for Glen.

2sub appearances for the reserves and 1 unused sub............0 goals.

9starts for the u19's , 1 used sub.............................3 goals.

I know stats don't tell the whole story.

Charlie-Brown
After asking about them on another thread, here are this season stats for Glen.

2sub appearances for the reserves and 1 unused sub............0 goals.

9starts for the u19's , 1 used sub.............................3 goals.

I know stats don't tell the whole story.

Indeed they don't as Glen has been used in various team roles as a main striker, as a wide player and as a midfielder (attacking) in these games. He's also had some injury problems so he's not had a consistent run of games.....however the kid is quite a versatile player and it would be wrong to think of him simply as a new Robbo.

Indeed they don't as Glen has been used in various team roles as a main striker, as a wide player and as a midfielder (attacking) in these games. He's also had some injury problems so he's not had a consistent run of games.....however the kid is quite a versatile player and it would be wrong to think of him simply as a new Robbo.

Seems to be a common theme amongst the teams.........

McGowan....centre half/midfielder,

Rapnik......centre half/midfielder/left back

Branny.....centre forward/left midfielder

Copil.......left midfielder/goalie

Yes they should all be able to play different roles, but some deserve the chance to make a position their own imo.

Ryan Gosling

Branny has been used in the midfield but he's a striker, that's it - he can't play anywhere else.

Rapnik isn't suited to midfield, McGowan is though.

Charlie-Brown

from another thread....

Balatoni & Rapnik are both more natural defenders / traditional defensive players than McGowan who whilst a very capable centre half he can also play equally well in defensive midfield or even as an attacking midfielder breaking into the box.

Eggert Jonsson, Ryan McGowan & Gary Glen can & have all been used in a number of different team positions which probably makes them the best all round footballers in terms of our young players.

Poor Miko !

cobbyshambles

the under 12's scored some cracking goals!

I was watching this as well, the boy can certainly strike a ball thats for sure.

Really dont think we have anything to lose by giving these kinda players a bit of first team experience to be honest.

Can only be a good thing IMO.

We seem strangely obsessed with players needing to be big enough to play for the first team. Look at United on Saturday, Flood and Kerr must have a combined weight of about 16 stone and they manage.

My big worry is the formation we play. One upfront is no good when trying to blood youngsters.

They need someone to play beside so they don`t become isolated and most of all get a chance to show their worth.

jamboinglasgow
the under 12's scored some cracking goals!

thought the best one was for the home side where the away side were running up when one of the home guys did a cracking sliding tackle and kept the ball (the like you rarely see unless in good leagues) then passed out to the right where the player took a superb shot. All skillfull and intelligent play, lets hope it continues for their next few seasons that when they get the chance at the age of 19 they have the skills to bring into the first team.

They dont come much smaller than wee Lee Johnson and he had his supporters when he got a game! (I was not one of them)

Archived