Zaulikas

Dunk-Section G

Dunk-Section G

All comments etc on here suggest we are expecting Zaul not to be here next season. As much as he has been a player for us at times I think he has had too many mistakes and best if he moves on. Will we sell him though? I thought his contract still has some time to go?

tartofmidlothian

Reckon the deal he signed last year has a release clause, all depends how much another club wants him. If he does go, I think we'll sign a replacement (not Diamond, who would be Kucharski/Bouzid's replacement).

heartsfc_fan

I wouldn't be too sad if he went.

Not been that great the last 3 months and gifted Celtic the 1st goal last week.

I wonder what we would consider a good price for him. I would be delighted if we could get 2 million for him (about a million more than I think he is worth).

Don't think we would get anything for him TBH.

He reads the game well and has a good footballing brain but he is prone to making very costly mistakes. I think he just switches off for some reason.

If he could cut these out he would be a great signing for someone.

gorgie rd eh11

I've stuck up for him in the past and thought he had learned from past mistakes. The last couple of months he seems to have reverted to the guy who thinks he's better than he is and has made way too many mistakes. I still think he could be a good central defender but he has to stop thinking he's Franz Beckenbauer.

There's no way we would get 2 or even 1 million for him while he makes the sort of blunders he made against celtic live on national tv.

Takeshi's Tynecastle

If someone was crazy enough to offer a million, we should take it. I would be shocked if anyone came in with more than 500k, and surprised if anyone came in at all.

When was the last time anyone tried to buy a player from us that (in general) we didn't particularly mind leaving? If we have players in the million-plus bracket, then we shouldn't be wanting to sell them, even if it is inevitable they will leave. Probably just Wallace and Temps are there at the moment.

The possible exceptions are Goncalves and Tall, where it was rumoured Vlad turned down bids that with hindsight he should have taken. But outside of them, you just don't get teams bidding serious money for SPL players unless they genuinely look like stepping up a level. Does Zal look like he should be playing in the EPL? No chance! Bids never materialised for Kingston, Nade, etc, and theoretically they had decent transfer value.

Hopefully Zal gets his concentration back next season and beyond, cos I think he'll be with us for a while.

Tasavallan

There's no way we would get 2 or even 1 million for him while he makes the sort of blunders he made against celtic live on national tv.

But methinks that the video his agent (ISC Int.) will put together will not include the bad bits. woot.gif

All comments etc on here suggest we are expecting Zaul not to be here next season. As much as he has been a player for us at times I think he has had too many mistakes and best if he moves on. Will we sell him though? I thought his contract still has some time to go?

If he did the job a centre half was supposed to do and not think he was "Beckenbaur" then a pairing of Zal and Webster would be a pretty solid combination.

But unfortunately he thinks he is better than he is and because of that he makes too many mistakes.

If we got a silly offer i would take it as McGowan and Webster could be a pairing for next season.

Is he not the baddie in Ghostbusters?

tartofmidlothian

If someone was crazy enough to offer a million, we should take it. I would be not too surprised if anyone came in with more than 500k.

This basically, although I've amended your post to fit my own agenda :ninja:

Some games this season, any scouts watching probably would have left by half time. Others they'd be reporting back he was worth seven figures, he's just that kind of player.

Me, I reckon he's probably got a lot of admirers in Eastern Europe and Russia. One of the first names on Lithuania's team sheet, is he not?

One of the first names on Lithuania's team sheet, is he not?

That doesn't say an awful lot tbh.

cosanostra

I like Zal and hope he stays.

He's doing a reasonable job as captain as well.

He's made a few blunders at the end of the last season but hopefully he'll sort that out next year and keep his discipline at a decent level.

tartofmidlothian

That doesn't say an awful lot tbh.

I dunno, it's twice the population of Northern Ireland but how much would you pay for one of their best players, for Steven Davis, Gareth McAuley or Niall McGinn? Says enough to give a player a decent six-figure market value IMO.

This basically, although I've amended your post to fit my own agenda :ninja:

Some games this season, any scouts watching probably would have left by half time. Others they'd be reporting back he was worth seven figures, he's just that kind of player.

Me, I reckon he's probably got a lot of admirers in Eastern Europe and Russia. One of the first names on Lithuania's team sheet, is he not?

Wikipedia suggests he has 11 caps - going back to 2006. So not really a first choice player.

I think that we will have him until the end of his contract.

Archived