We cant have this

Heartbeat

When over in Zagreb two year ago we met an interesting guy namely Zvjezdan Levinger

He actually approached us and was into everything Scottish. He had made a pair of bag pipes out of some animal skin or soemthing similar (I kid you not) and played scotland the brave and flower of Scotland to which he told us he had learned the day before on tinternet.

Great guy full of life and it seems he is part of some Caledonian Society over in Croatia. He explained he simply loves Scotland.

He found me on facebook although I am not a big user.

Well imagine my surprise when I looked in the other day and there is pictures of him playing bagpipes and wearing the strip of the mhanky mob. I felt compeled to speak with him and point out the error of his ways and how disappointed I was after meeting us Jambos he could wear that. He sent a reply and was apologetic stating that he has difficulty in getting anything Scottish in Zagreb and was the only Scottish strip he could find and obviously didnt realise how offensive it was.

I pointed out that they had more in common with Ireland than Scotland and I would send him a strip. He is posting his address for me. Well I now see this as an opportunity to spread the word in that part of the world and make Hearts a name in his homeland so feel free to look him up and tell him all things jamboish (is that a word) while pointing out how he has mistakingly donned the strip of such a loathsome institution. Or better still send him something.

Funnily enough after I replied which basically slaughtered Smeltic I got a "friend" invitation from someone whom I had never heard of and there avatar is a picture of Lennon so I politely declined hmmmmmmm

There were a few hoop shirts around in Zagreb. It's a staunchly Roman Catholic country, and one local had a grump at me because "you don't have the Pope". I explained that this referred to another Scottish team - so we became buddies and swapped shirts! Can't do enough PR damage to the weegies!!

Just looked him up and it would appear he hasnt taken much u said on board as his profile pic is of him in a mhanks top. Still ive added him with the aim of rectifying that situation.

My mate in London is a big Arsenal fan.

He ordered a pair of 'Arsenal' baseball boots via mail order (expensive)

Now he's walking around with 'ARSE' on both feet, much to the amusement of local Spurs, Chelsea & hammers fans.

33x9fmp.jpg

They are feckin horrendous. Gonna get some for my Arsey brother :thumbsup:

• 3 years later...

I am Zvjezdan Levinger! Yes, I was rooting for Celtic because of my ignorance. Many fans in Croatia do not know that Celtic is not Scottish club. Today I was very sorry that I have offended some friends I met when Hearts played in Zagreb against Dinamo. I want you to know that I sold the Celtic jersey! Proudly rooting for Hearts three years and clothe Hearts shirt! A lot of people ask me, why Hearts, Celtic or Rangers do not? For me, Hearts is the pride, Hearts is Scotland, Hearts has the best fans!!

I am Zvjezdan Levinger! Yes, I was rooting for Celtic because of my ignorance. Many fans in Croatia do not know that Celtic is not Scottish club. Today I was very sorry that I have offended some friends I met when Hearts played in Zagreb against Dinamo. I want you to know that I sold the Celtic jersey! Proudly rooting for Hearts three years and clothe Hearts shirt! A lot of people ask me, why Hearts, Celtic or Rangers do not? For me, Hearts is the pride, Hearts is Scotland, Hearts has the best fans!!

Well done Atralix.

Spread the good word brother :10900:

Great story, unless of course Astralix is undercover from .net

( I really hate being cynical sometimes )

A quick look at his Facebook confirms he's genuine.

Late contender for bump of the year.  :thumbsup:

Thank you all understand me, my English is not perfect. Thank you for welcoming in the Hearts family! A big thank you for accepting my sincere excuse! Hearts live forever!!!!! :2thumbsup:

Thank you all understand me, my English is not perfect. Thank you for welcoming in the Hearts family! A big thank you for accepting my sincere excuse! Hearts live forever!!!!! :2thumbsup:

Hearts and Punk Rock  

Onyerself astralix    :2thumbsup:

Your English is better than the Rangers fan, who is pretending to be a Hearts fan, in order to get a ticket for the match on Saturday.

scots civil war

thread of the year......jkb goin thru an introspective period and up pops this

brilliant work all round,rejoice everyone

I had 2 Croatian mates over when Celtic played Dinamo Zagreb.

I took them to the Queen of the South game on the Saturday.

More and more Croatians love Hearts.

Your English is better than the Rangers fan, who is pretending to be a Hearts fan, in order to get a ticket for the match on Saturday.

Was just going to say that between this thread and the gonnae geeza ticket ya bamz thread, Kickback has been just wonderful the past couple of days.

Good man Astralix! We were in Dubrovnik for a one week holiday this year, Croatia is a beautiful country.

I was in Edinburgh last year. I was with friends from the Tartan Army for Croatia match in Glasgow Scotland - Croatia. This beautiful city, great beer and whiskey, all beautiful country and wonderful people who have welcomed us very welcome. We visited Edinburgh Castle, the Museum of the Queen, Loch Lomond, Dunfermline, Stirling Castle, The National Wallace Monument, King Robert the Bruce statue, Bannockburn, Rob Roy MacGregor in Balquhidder, Glasgow. Haggis is awesome to eat, lived five days of Haggis in many ways! Every day we had a party in the clubs organized by the Tartan Army Edinburgh, Church of Maradona Tartan Army! The first time I played the bagpipes Scottish fans in the stadium in Glasgow, and thousands of people sang, it's priceless memories forever! In seven days we all fell in love with Scotland! I'm sure, in the future will come again in Edinburgh, I'll let you do that with you relive rooting for Hearts at the stadium !! 

After working in Ireland for the last couple o months .. To say Celtic fans are more akin to the irish is off the mark .. They are more akin to Brits that live in the green and white side of belfast ! The irish are great people with the men mostly lookin to the English premiership results on a Saturday

I was in Edinburgh last year. I was with friends from the Tartan Army for Croatia match in Glasgow Scotland - Croatia. This beautiful city, great beer and whiskey, all beautiful country and wonderful people who have welcomed us very welcome. We visited Edinburgh Castle, the Museum of the Queen, Loch Lomond, Dunfermline, Stirling Castle, The National Wallace Monument, King Robert the Bruce statue, Bannockburn, Rob Roy MacGregor in Balquhidder, Glasgow. Haggis is awesome to eat, lived five days of Haggis in many ways! Every day we had a party in the clubs organized by the Tartan Army Edinburgh, Church of Maradona Tartan Army! The first time I played the bagpipes Scottish fans in the stadium in Glasgow, and thousands of people sang, it's priceless memories forever! In seven days we all fell in love with Scotland! I'm sure, in the future will come again in Edinburgh, I'll let you do that with you relive rooting for Hearts at the stadium !! 

This is quite simply outstanding. Take a bow Astralix.

Who is the highly chuffed cheeky chipmunk next to you?

Not perky a man, you're wrong, he's very affectionate and this is the recording in which he lifted the atmosphere. This man is very popular in the world of music and believes it was an honor to meet him. He plays the bagpipes in Red hot chili pipershttp://metro.co.uk/2008/09/10/five-questions-for-stuart-cassells-484329/

This is quite simply outstanding. Take a bow Astralix.

Thank you, your support means a lot. I am self-taught and only in Croatia playing the Scottish bagpipes, which are in my country very exotic instrument. I know I do not play as a Scotsman, I play three years and I try as much as I can learn the beautiful Scottish songs that I listen to on youtube. ;)

Archived