Manic Street Preachers!

The Old Tolbooth

The Old Tolbooth

Anyone else think they are the bollox???

Ok, I admit to being a bit pished (in fact very pished), with the better half being out tonight and me getting burst in the hoose with the Manics on full tilt, also had Oasis on full tilt too, just to pish the nieghbours off cos the tw@ts hoover at 7.30 every morning.

Anyone else love that type of music?

Or am I just pished lol?

Hehe, wish they'd all went to sea.

Sorry.

Hopefully they die in the summertime.

:eek:

Isaac Begbie

I'm split here. Some of their stuff is great - Everything Must Go, Send Away The Tigers, but some of it is pretty poor. Although it always seems to be a "critics favourite" i find the Holy Bible very hard to listen to. Some of Nicky Wire's lyrics make me cringe a bit.

All in all tho the Marxist Millionaires are always interesting which is a lot more than can be said for most bands who have been around as long as them.

James Dean Bradfield is a real talent. has to be to fit a lot of Nicky Wire's lyrics into songs that turn out decent!

Chad Sexington

Listening to the Manics is as pleasurable as finding blood on your toilet paper after you wipe.

Pretentious Welsh clowns.

Chad Sexington
Disagree McCLure.

The Holy Bible is one of the finest album of the 90's.

Sorry Wattie.

I'd rather hack my own ears off with a rusty saw than endure the po-faced slavourings of the Manics.

4 REAL!

Disagree McCLure.

The Holy Bible is one of the finest album of the 90's.

indeed it was wattie and yes john the maniacs are top notch

The Old Tolbooth
Listening to the Manics is as pleasurable as finding blood on your toilet paper after you wipe.

Pretentious Welsh clowns.

Pishing myself at that reply Troy :D

I'm guessing you dont like them then, just a hunch likes :)

Jesus, I'm nursing a hangover from hell today!

I listen to very little guitar music but the Holy Bible is one of my favourite LPs of any genre. It is absolutely brilliant. Every track is amazng. The very first one, Yes is sooooo good.

I also rate Gold Against the Soul and Generation Terrorists as well. Everything after the Holy Bible was terrible though.

northfieldhearts

manics are fantastic. excelletn forst 3 albums @ superb live. a bit downhill with the last 3 or 4 albums but still well worth seeing live.

Denny Crane

Ah Motown Junk..... oh to be 18 again!!!

Superb band

Walter Kidd
I think they are bollox.

Most depressing band of my life time.

Says plinky plonky plinky plonky. Fud.

I think they are bollox.

Most depressing band of my life time.

surely you cant think Design For Life is a depressing song?

surely you cant think Design For Life is a depressing song?

Still sounds like he's moaning about something!

as for WK..... they sang about Australia FFS....

Denny Crane
Still sounds like he's moaning about something!

as for WK..... they sang about Australia FFS....

Oh dear. Check the lyrics for "Australia" and hopefully you'll get a clearer idea as to what the song is about.

Oh dear. Check the lyrics for "Australia" and hopefully you'll get a clearer idea as to what the song is about.

As soon as I heard him moan "Auuuuusssstttttrrrrrrrrraaaalllllllliiiiaaaaaaaaa" I switched it off.

Its like listening to some one moaning and complaining, something my ears dont like. Nay good.

As soon as I heard him moan "Auuuuusssstttttrrrrrrrrraaaalllllllliiiiaaaaaaaaa" I switched it off.

Its like listening to some one moaning and complaining, something my ears dont like. Nay good.

take yer 'plinky plonky' as WK calls it and shove it up yer erse!!

;)

?3 for the greatest hits is an absolute bargain, you can get most of the back catalogue in Fopp cheap as chips though, and theres plenty of album tracks that arent on it. Even Lifeblood, there worst album imo, is worth a listen.

Guest Tynie Bubbles

The Holy Bible was for many a low point of their career but I think it's an outstanding rock album.

I still maintain the Richie Edwards suicide was faked and the rest of the band paid him off and gave him a percentage of all future earnings from that point onwards because he was hitting the self destruct button too often.

Either they cut him free (no pun intended) because they could see that all the fame trip thing was destroying him ... or because he was attracting a lot of those self harming types of people and the rest of the band didn't want to be associated with such a disturbing trend.

take yer 'plinky plonky' as WK calls it and shove it up yer erse!!

;)

?3 for the greatest hits is an absolute bargain, you can get most of the back catalogue in Fopp cheap as chips though, and theres plenty of album tracks that arent on it. Even Lifeblood, there worst album imo, is worth a listen.

Sure it would make a crackin frisby. Just as long as it aint picked up by some one suffering depression, that could prove fatal.

;)

The Holy Bible was for many a low point of their career but I think it's an outstanding rock album.

I still maintain the Richie Edwards suicide was faked and the rest of the band paid him off and gave him a percentage of all future earnings from that point onwards because he was hitting the self destruct button too often.

Either they cut him free (no pun intended) because they could see that all the fame trip thing was destroying him ... or because he was attracting a lot of those self harming types of people and the rest of the band didn't want to be associated with such a disturbing trend.

thats a nice conspiracy thory, but theres just no way its true. The guy was there best mate, there hardly going to cut all ties with him because he's a bit of a nutter.

Do you think the parents are in on 'it' as well?

Guest Tynie Bubbles
thats a nice conspiracy thory, but theres just no way its true. The guy was there best mate, there hardly going to cut all ties with him because he's a bit of a nutter.

Do you think the parents are in on 'it' as well?

Which is why some people seem to think they removed him from the limelight but still make sure he is looked after financially. That would be a great thing to do for a best mate who was destroying himself.

Which is why some people seem to think they removed him from the limelight but still make sure he is looked after financially. That would be a great thing to do for a best mate who was destroying himself.

The guy wasnt exactly stable before the fame though, i doubt very much they would willingly let someone like that bugger off and do their own thing when there that unstable.

Guest Tynie Bubbles
The guy wasnt exactly stable before the fame though, i doubt very much they would willingly let someone like that bugger off and do their own thing when there that unstable.

You're probably right.

I recall a picture on a music site a while ago that looked like Richie living on some kind of Kibbutz type set up overseas.

I doubt if we'll ever know the real truth then.

You're probably right.

I recall a picture on a music site a while ago that looked like Richie living on some kind of Kibbutz type set up overseas.

I doubt if we'll ever know the real truth then.

of course i am :P

Its a good conspiracy theory though, and like all good conspirachy theories theres plenty of evidence to suggest not all is what it seems. After he 'killed' himself, a taxi driver apparently told the media he drove him to the airport, and there have been several 'sightings'...

Nelly Terraces

I saw the Manics back in about 1991 at the Venue in front of no more than 25 people. The original line up (RE included), and they were brilliant, putting everything into it, despite the lack of a crowd.

Spoke to them afterwards in the bar, to Nicky Wire mostly, about football, and he's a pretty decent bloke. Think at that time they were a pretty vital new band, and really punky, but now are just another group of blokes churning out too many lp's year in year out.

I saw the Manics back in about 1991 at the Venue in front of no more than 25 people. The original line up (RE included), and they were brilliant, putting everything into it, despite the lack of a crowd.

Spoke to them afterwards in the bar, to Nicky Wire mostly, about football, and he's a pretty decent bloke. Think at that time they were a pretty vital new band, and really punky, but now are just another group of blokes churning out too many lp's year in year out.

That is the worst bit of name dropping and self promoting crap I've seen on kickback in a long time.;) OK, OK so you saw them when they were good.:cool:

I saw the Cockney Rejects at the Astoria and had a wee chat with Stinky Turner afterwards too. He was a knob and couldn't string 2 words together.:o

PS: Drop me a PM if you want those DVD's marathon man.

Denny Crane
but now are just another group of blokes churning out too many lp's year in year out.

Year in, year out is a bit of an exaggeration. Since 1996's Everything Must Go, they've only released four new studio albums.

Nelly Terraces
That is the worst bit of name dropping and self promoting crap I've seen on kickback in a long time.;) OK, OK so you saw them when they were good.:cool:

I saw the Cockney Rejects at the Astoria and had a wee chat with Stinky Turner afterwards too. He was a knob and couldn't string 2 words together.:o

PS: Drop me a PM if you want those DVD's marathon man.

Hahaha, fair cop guv'nor! Erm, did I tell you I saw Radiohead at the same venue, 3rd on the bill to a mime artist (I kid you not!)????;)

I saw them 1st.:ninja:

That Rejects gig, I was actually at that, quite a few kids from my school were.

Sorry mate, been away in Ireland a few days with Mrs NT, just read your PM, will get back to you later on that, cheers, will have those DVDs if it's not too much trouble, much appreciated pal!

Cheers.

NT - dropping names quicker than Eddie Kurskis drops a fitba!

Hahaha, fair cop guv'nor! Erm, did I tell you I saw Radiohead at the same venue, 3rd on the bill to a mime artist (I kid you not!)????;)

Sorry mate, been away in Ireland a few days with Mrs NT, just read your PM, will get back to you later on that, cheers, will have those DVDs if it's not too much trouble, much appreciated pal!

Cheers.

Pfft you're both losers in the name dropping stakes, I met Jeremy Beadle outside a jokeshop in Blackpool when i was a bairn.

Guest Tynie Bubbles

Namedropping is sooo passe darlings.

I was only saying as much to Patsy Palmer, Lily Allen, Kate Moss, Jordan, Emma Bunton and Jo Brand (Russells sister ;)) in Peter Stringfellows club last night.

I ignored Peter Andre, John Stapleton and the one out of Abba with a beard all night though.

Cheers.

I remember seeing a skinny Ginger freak there. Also saw Crass and the Poison Girls there. Have been an anarchist ever since. "The generals sip Bacardi while the Privates feel the pain" yeah! Vive la revolution baby.

Archived