I Am So Sorry Ladies

Deek

But I have just watched Birmingham against Man City on MOTD.

The female commentator was just awful. She screamed and shouted her commentry and just got on my my buds.

I agree the Birmingham penalty was a joke though. ;)

Ryan Gosling
But I have just watched Birmingham against Man City on MOTD.

The female commentator was just awful. She screamed and shouted her commentry and just got on my my buds.

I agree the Birmingham penalty was a joke though. ;)

She's an arsehole.

oatley_468x712.jpg

If that's her she should re-direct her career to do modeling.

Her commentary on MOTD was embarrassing. The Beeb need to get shot of her.

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

She could be the wee person in the bottom corner doing the sign language. She still gets to commentate (with her hands admittidly), we dont have to listen to her and we get to se her. A win, win, win situation I would say;)

colinmaroon

With the best will in the world it was -

EXCRUCIATING!!!

'I Am So Sorry Ladies' - why?

You are quite correct in saying she was awful!

She just sounded stupid with all the 'oohs' and 'ahs'

davemclaren
'I Am So Sorry Ladies' - why?

You are quite correct in saying she was awful!

She just sounded stupid with all the 'oohs' and 'ahs'

Not one 'stramash' or 'Hoof!'? :cool_shades:

There's certain places the other sex should not cross in to.

Woman - No football commentary.

Men - No working in shoe shops.

Sorted.

Looks like i'm on my own...

First time i've ever heard a female commentating on a football match. Admitedly sounded a little strange, but to be fair can't recall her talking about any **** during the match e.g. the 1966 world cup and she was spot on with the penalty decision. Overall, didn't think she was that bad, and after see the photo above well ....

Looks like i'm on my own...

First time i've ever heard a female commentating on a football match. Admitedly sounded a little strange, but to be fair can't recall her talking about any **** during the match e.g. the 1966 world cup and she was spot on with the penalty decision. Overall, didn't think she was that bad, and after see the photo above well ....

She was so slow and stuttery, clearly reading off the team sheet to work out who players were etc. It was like a female John Barnes but worse!

As for her looks... maybe im just fussy but she has a weird jaw. I definately wouldn't :s

BangkokHearts

Women commentating on the fitba?

What has happened to my great country in the ten years I've been away?

now i never heard her commentary, but i have listened to my fellow sex commentating on other ports, and when we get excited at something happening during that, the register rises and it becomes almost a screech.

i feel i ought to be defending womankind, but i (sadly) must agree. women commentating on sports doesn't work. we can do an analysis afterwards, cos its not all excitable, but not during.

i totally understand where you're coming from on this matter

If you thought that Motty or Archie get high-pitched when excited during a commentary......this girl could break glass and make your ears bleed!

She says the right things and she calls free kicks, yellow cards and penalties pretty well.

But her voice does my heid in.

scots civil war

As for her looks... maybe im just fussy but she has a weird jaw. I definately wouldn't :s

first time ive laughed on this forum for a while.........your right,thats being fussy right there chief

Broxburn_Jambo

I'd take her over Ian "aren't Hibs amazing" Crocker and Scott Booth any day of the week.

My other half described it as sqwacking (sp.). She did know what she was talking about but oh my ears hurt.

jambos are go!

She delivered a standard commentary in a female voice. Only slightly different but competent. She needs to forget the stock approach and phrases and bring a more feminine approach to describing the beautiful game.

i bloody well wouldn't you know!

Damn another fantasy ruined.....go on Bev, do it for us - at least give her something that will keep her mouth shut!!!!!!!11111 ;)

[ducks to avoid slapping]

colinmaroon
now i never heard her commentary, but i have listened to my fellow sex commentating on other ports, and when we get excited at something happening during that, the register rises and it becomes almost a screech.

i feel i ought to be defending womankind, but i (sadly) must agree. women commentating on sports doesn't work. we can do an analysis afterwards, cos its not all excitable, but not during.

i totally understand where you're coming from on this matter

Bev,

That's my point exactly!!!

Excuse this thought - it is the Lord's day after all!

Maybe the Apostle Paul heard a woman commentator in the Colisseum and that's why everyone thinks he's hard on women, when he says they shouldn't "speak out" in the church!!!

Watched it last night and had the exact same thoughts

It really was painful and just sounded wrong

Fair enough, she called the second penalty right (I think, as my ears were filled with blood at that time from the burst ear drums) but it was just about the worst penalty decision ever given so she doesn't deserve any credit!

Damn another fantasy ruined.....go on Bev, do it for us - at least give her something that will keep her mouth shut!!!!!!!11111 ;)

[ducks to avoid slapping]

absolutely not, i prefer brunettes to blondes

except perhaps blondejamtart who i hear is a bit of a fox

blondejamtart
absolutely not, i prefer brunettes to blondes

except perhaps blondejamtart who i hear is a bit of a fox

Who the hell have you been talking to, Bev??? :rofl:

Anyhoo.....I do tend to agree with you, but I reckon I could do a decent commentary without screeching or shattering glass. I don't really do the whole girlie shrieking stuff.......(well, maybe only on "certain" occasions!)

Archived