What more can Hearts do?

amadjambo

Scotland is a part of Great Britain. We have many fans that come outwith Scotland, including England, that may well see themselves as British and supporting a British club. Why does a British flag offend so many people? I just can not see why so many people get their nickers in a twist over a flag.

Can people also clarify how many sectarian songs actually came from the Hearts support last night? Perhaps 'Hello, Hello', but I can not think of too many others. Compared to that of the Celtic support I mean.

Please dont act daft. rolleyes.gif

Everyone knows that the mini huns that turn up to Hearts games, especially v Celtic and Hibs, with union jacks are doing so antagonize the away fans. Sadly the Irish and Union jack have been adopted in this country as sectarian symbols.

A European flag wouldnt bother me either, especially as we will be in Europe next season. I have seen many British clubs with Union Jacks both at home matches and away, including Europe. Have you never heard English/Scottish/Welsh clubs being described as British before? I am opposed to banning them as I do not see the point in doing so. I also quite like to see our support proudly waving whatever flag they choose to bring, especially maroon ones or national flags for individual players.

Moving away from the argument of our club identity, you're clearly being obtuse if you don't acknowledge the connotation the flag takes on inside Tynecastle.

When I read your posts on this thread I hear the sound of someone desperately trying to sweep things under the carpet.

Perhaps you are happy with the coverage Hearts have got on the national news over the past 24 hours. I am far from happy with the way our club has been shamed, but what is so disappointing is that it was all too predictable.

I've seen racist and sectarian behaviour on European trips and Hearts need to stop these people going.

I am not doing any sweeping.

I am not happy at the Hearts supporter (if you can call him that) trying to attack Neil Lennon, which has caused all the uproar in the media/SFA and quite rightly so. However, I do not think our support in general last night was any different from any other time we have played Celtic this season or in previous years. However, I do know that there was many, lets say another SPL team, supporters in attendance in the Hearts end last night. This probably did not help with what few sectarian songs did come from the Hearts support.

Yes a minortiy of Hearts fans are occasionally giving us a bad name and yes maybe it is time to look at how to eradicate these fans/change their actions. I've also been on European trips but will never be ashamed of my club. Typical JKB over reaction as always.

frankblack

I am not doing any sweeping.

I am not happy at the Hearts supporter (if you can call him that) trying to attack Neil Lennon, which has caused all the uproar in the media/SFA and quite rightly so. However, I do not think our support in general last night was any different from any other time we have played Celtic this season or in previous years. However, I do know that there was many, lets say another SPL team, supporters in attendance in the Hearts end last night. This probably did not help with what few sectarian songs did come from the Hearts support.

There has been a knob in section N with a Red Hand flag for most or all recent home games, along with UJs targeted at bemused visiting supporters like Inverness. As others have said, this section needs to become a family section,along with section G.

Yes a minortiy of Hearts fans are occasionally giving us a bad name and yes maybe it is time to look at how to eradicate these fans/change their actions. I've also been on European trips but will never be ashamed of my club. Typical JKB over reaction as always.

I didn't say I was ashamed, I said this idiot brought shame on our club, embarrassing us on the national and probably international news.

He has also brought a guaranteed fine or worse.

How you can claim this is an overreaction is beyond me.

Falkirk Jambo

We should refuse to allow Old Firm fans in to the stadium. Rangers aren't as bad, but stopping both teams from attending would help combat sectarianism.

Although, we'd probably just be docked points by the SFA. For being anti-Celtic/Rangers

Vlad-Stupid

Why is it that hearts seem to be the only club that give a shit about flags? Never hear other clubs bleating about it. If you see a flag in the away end and are offended, IMO you are the one with the prejudices. Re turning N in to a family section!! Who in their right mind would want their family near an away end :vrface:

Turning N into a family section would be terrible. Tynie is already enough of a snooze fest without disrupting the two sections that actually create some atmosphere.

I agree Hannibal. Do you think Celtic fans started singing pro IRA songs, fighting police and stewards, etc at the Royal Wedding because there were so many Union Jacks throughout the country? I think they reacted like they did because of the clown that ran at Lennon. Not because there was UJ in the Hearts end. But hey ho, let's ban Hearts flags from all matches!

So if you burst into "Always look on the bright side of life" it would be curtains for you supporting HMFC in your world?

Well if you want to be arsey about it fine.

Meanwhile the adults will understand that this is not what I meant.

maltese jambo

There is nothing wrong with a Union Jack. Personally I don't take one to games but it doesn't bother me at all that others have them. It's a flag of the country we live in, not a crime to have one.

What about the decent fans that sit in Section N? I've never been in any bother for all the years I've sat there. Why should I be moved?

Most of the problems last night was started by one person.....the linesman. Had he not of made such a ridiculous decision it would not have incensed the fans so much, who in turn the turned on the ref.

Celtic should not be getting away with their behaviour last night. Their songs were awful, actually embarrassing at times. The violence which broke out with stewards and police being attacked was disgusting and as bad a the one fan that ran onto the pitch and tried to attack Lennon.

An awful night for all, with both clubs punished accordingly. When will football become enjoyable again? Let's support our team in a decent manner in Europe and at home next season.

We all know why the people who take UJ's to games...Just face facts.

I don't think we can blame anyone for what happened from our point of view last night apart from the person & indeed people who decided to do it...you simply cannot in any way condone behaviour like that.

Personally i couldn't care less what Celtic fans are doing/singing - They have been doing it for years and will continue to do so. Maybe if we started focusing on our own club we wouldnt get so worked up about others.

The bottom line is we will get severely punished for what happened last night...rightly so.

I don't believe anything will change at Hearts as this kind of behaviour is now a culture in the club and is basically accepted by all....Its nice to see so many people disagree with it, myself included, but there is zero chance im going to confront those kind of people...where would i end up?

ffs people saying ban section n and turn g and n into family sections **** rite off the only atmospheric sections in the ground !!!!!!!!!!!! id rather sing and support the team than sit there munching on a prawn sandwich moaning at obua when hes having a ok game and complaining about a few ujs

I understand the thoughts behind N and G being family and those of you who remember the shed, it was at the opposite end of the ground from away fans and still made plenty noise. I actually think Making the Whole gorgie road end the singing section wouldnt be a bad shout. If you look at some clubs down south they have an entire end and it works for them, why not for us? And n and g are opposite sides who when both making noise at the same time works but it fizzles quickly, however if both were together then I dont think it would hurt the atmosphere, infact I think it would greatly improve it. as a final thought how long does it take to get to Mcleod street from the gorgie road end as opposed to walking straight out of N?

Francis Albert

ffs people saying ban section n and turn g and n into family sections **** rite off the only atmospheric sections in the ground !!!!!!!!!!!! id rather sing and support the team than sit there munching on a prawn sandwich moaning at obua when hes having a ok game and complaining about a few ujs

Many in Section G and N seem to spend most of the game, especially games against the OF, "winding up" the opposition fans, with little if any attention to actually supporting the home team. I have asked a few times, without ever getting an answer, what exactly this does to support the team. The first priority of most teams is to reduce the opposition fans to silence. These geniuses on N and G adopt the opposite tactic by trying to ensure the opposition fans are as angry and noisy as possible. I rarely here much noise from G and N, but see lots of aggressive arm and flag-waving gestures, which look feeble (when the Old Firm visit) when confronted with about ten times as many reciprocating gestures in the Roseburn. The myth that Sections N and G are the source of most of Tynecastle's atmosphere is perpetrated by certain factions in G and N.

Sterling Archer

These threads are getting comical now. Evidently some people find racism totally acceptable in their keyboard war against sectarianism :rolleyes:

It's not racist to ban ALL flags?

As for those that stated the songs are legal. It's up to the club what rules they enforce in the stadium isnt it? As long as it was made explicit that these rules existed when buying tickets then people could have no complaints if they were ejected.

Many in Section G and N seem to spend most of the game, especially games against the OF, "winding up" the opposition fans, with little if any attention to actually supporting the home team. I have asked a few times, without ever getting an answer, what exactly this does to support the team. The first priority of most teams is to reduce the opposition fans to silence. These geniuses on N and G adopt the opposite tactic by trying to ensure the opposition fans are as angry and noisy as possible. I rarely here much noise from G and N, but see lots of aggressive arm and flag-waving gestures, which look feeble (when the Old Firm visit) when confronted with about ten times as many reciprocating gestures in the Roseburn. The myth that Sections N and G are the source of most of Tynecastle's atmosphere is perpetrated by certain factions in G and N.

how is it a myth please every1 knows g and n are the most atmospheric

Shut Section N and move the fans to different areas of the stadium they won't be half as brave without their fellow neds surrounding them

Because everyone who sits in N is a total ned/bigot :rolleyes:

Francis Albert

how is it a myth please every1 knows g and n are the most atmospheric

"every1knows" isn't an argument. I've made mine. If you want to respond to it with a counter-argument please feel free.

jambos are go!

Can I ask if anyone knows if we still bypass Celtic and sell tickets directly to their fans to avoid commission. I' m sure there was a row about this a couple of years ago. Might have to be rethought if still the case. Not sure though.

The myth that Sections N and G are the source of most of Tynecastle's atmosphere is perpetrated by certain factions in G and N.

Where does it come from then?

I've sat through games against the Old Firm and Hibs in Section Z, T, P, N and G.

The first three were veritable libraries when compared to N and G.

Francis Albert

Where does it come from then?

I've sat through games against the Old Firm and Hibs in Section Z, T, P, N and G.

The first three were veritable libraries when compared to N and G.

See post 62.

If you are in N and G it may seem "atmospheric" but in most of the rest of the ground what goes on there creates "atmosphere" mainly in the Roseburn stand.

See post 62.

If you are in N and G it may seem "atmospheric" but in most of the rest of the ground what goes on there creates "atmosphere" mainly in the Roseburn stand.

So it's a major contributing factor in the atmosphere at Tynecastle.

I hope that helps.

Francis Albert

So it's a major contributing factor in the atmosphere at Tynecastle.

I hope that helps.

Yes, it does wonders for the atmosphere in the away end against the big teams.

Yes, it does wonders for the atmosphere in the away end against the big teams.

Which in turn fires up Sections N and G.

I hope this helps.

Can someone explain to me why people pay good money to WATCH a football match ..................yet pick what are surely the two worst vantage points in the ground to do so ( sections G and N lower ) ...............or am I missing something :whistling:

These issues have been going on for too many years. I can't believe the focus appears to be on the Hearts support and it's behaviour as a result of one bloke who has acted like an idiot whilst the behaviour of the best fans in the world is not in question.

Let's get it right the Celtic fans are the ones who have the problem. The Hearts fans react to their problem by winding them up stooping to their level becuase for years they have been allowed to behave the way they behave.

Yes, ban flags and Hearts fans will in the main respect the ban. Do you think the Celtic fans will?

Hearts have ultimate control over who can and can't enter the stadium. The technology is there so that you can keep track of who you are selling a ticket to and what seat they are in. Use CCTV and stop selling tickets to away fans who continue to sing offensive songs get involved in things. Over time you will weed them out of the game and whilst they will still be scum they will be scum that won't be able to attend games at Tynie.

Same goes for our support.

Everyone wants somebody else to do seomthing about it without taking any responsibility for the problems themselves.

The current position is that Hearts are being slaughtered fro one fan running onto the pitch to smack Lennon whilst is being said of the officiating in our last two games which no doubt had a big say in the fans decision to do what he did or the large number of Celtic fans who punched and kicked the stewards/police.

It's playground stuff, if the mean kid is allowed to be mean because those that are in a position to stop him do nothing there comes a point where you punch on.

BervieJambo

1. An immediate and total blanket ban on banners and flags of any description. Harsh on those who take totally inoffensive banners but a sacrifice that has to be made.

2. An immediate reduction, down to the minimum we can get away with, in the ticket allocations to Celtic fans. Do not accept tickets for Celtic Park for a period of two seasons.

3. Re-allocation of Section N lower as a family section

4. Encourage Section G to be dispersed to other areas of the stadium by increasing ticket prices for that section. A bit late for this one now but could still be achieved by moving everyone.

5. Decant those from Lower N and G to the Gorgie Stand. Make it clear that this is the singing section (call it what you will) and make it cheaper and therefore more attractive to go there. People wont want to move, tough. The decision has to made for the good of the club and it is the direct fault of those who cannot conduct themselves properly.

6. Use video technology to its full effect, backed up by determined stewarding and policing and root these people out, even if its only a few every week they will soon get the message. Make it crystal clear what is permitted and what is not in terms of songs and conduct and enforce it strictly.

7. An immediate and public apology for our part in the goings on last night. A personal public apology to Neil Lennon. This will stick in the throat a bit because he's his own worst enemy but it has to be done and we need to take that medicine.

8. Each and every fan to take a good hard look at their conduct during matches, particularly against Celtic.

9. Stricter control of away ticketing. Observation of behaviour at away matches. Detect and ban the worst offenders.

10. Visiting managers and players to all grounds, not just ours, to undertake that they will display no conduct whatsover which will in any way incite opposition fans or could incite them or is designed to incite them. This includes minor stuff like ear cupping etc etc. Any response to opposition fans at all by a player or manager is an immediate red card offence.

At the end of the day, the club's wishy washy attitude to this and their total and utter "turn a blind eye and it will go away" type inaction regarding what was a growing and obvious problem, is part of the reason that last night happened. This inaction has to stop right here and right now and the fans have to get onboard with whatever actions the club decide would be of benefit.

Excellent post OAG. Hearts must take the lead on this and only when we have our own house in order can we put effective pressure on the OF to sort out theirs. The only issue I have with making section N a family area is that the poor kids will have to suffer the bile coming from the OF fans at close quarters. Sadly, maybe we just have to close section N for OF matches.

exactly ur talking out a hole in ur arse francis albert point me to where the rest of the singing is then

Move those in G to a 'singing section' in the Gorgie Stand? :facepalm:

What an utter nonsense.

Can someone explain to me why people pay good money to WATCH a football match ..................yet pick what are surely the two worst vantage points in the ground to do so ( sections G and N lower ) ...............or am I missing something :whistling:

I like watching football side on. I hate watching from behind the goals.

I would like to sit in the wheatfield rather than the old stand.

Section G is cheaper than Sections D, E and F.

thirdyboy1976

I reckon they could and should change the entire lower main stand into the family section, much like Section N lower used to be years ago. I know this wouldn't solve all our issues, however, it would mean that those fans closest to each dugout would be families.

I sit in T lower & I have never ran onto the pitch & caused any affray. So, are you suggesting then that my season ticket is decanted to another part of the ground & I have to sit in a section I haven't chosen because of one moron?? Also, if I am right he actually came from the upper part of the stand & down the stairs onto the pitch- maybe then Tynie should be one large family enclosure & the rest of us can watch Hearts on Sky Sports!

asomerville

Hearts have been selling tickets direct to the Evils for the last couple of seasons.

Which means the have a record of who has bought tickets.

A) Write to everyone who has bought tickets direct from the Hearts telling them anymore of the wrong type of behaviour singing/flags etc would result in that person being banned from the ground. This would apply to all supports of any club.

B) Place signs at the gates to the ground repeating the message.

C) Ban flags from any nation and warn anyone repeating the action would result in a ban.

Hearts need to be seen to be taking action or we will go back to the dark days of the 70's

Only a Game

Move those in G to a 'singing section' in the Gorgie Stand? :facepalm:

What an utter nonsense.

Your opinion on the solution is of no interest to me since previous video footage shown on here, in which you played a part, confirms that you are part of the problem being discussed.

Your opinion on the solution is of no interest to me since previous video footage shown on here, in which you played a part, confirms that you are part of the problem being discussed.

Give your head peace :laugh:

Your idea is stupid and thankfully the club won't even entertain it, no need to get personal and bitchy :thumbsup:

Only a Game

Give your head peace :laugh:

Your idea is stupid and thankfully the club won't even entertain it, no need to get personal and bitchy :thumbsup:

No denial ? How very telling.

No denial ? How very telling.

Deny I was in a video from 5 years ago, acting like an idiot? Nah.

Everyone does daft things when they're younger, don't they Mr Property Mogul ;)

IF he is or has been 'part of the problem' his honest opinion on what may or may not work is probably well worth listening to.

Only a Game

Deny I was in a video from 5 years ago, acting like an idiot? Nah.

Everyone does daft things when they're younger, don't they Mr Property Mogul ;)

Not sure of the connection between owning a couple of flats ( was that a bad thing in any way ?) and admitting to being a bigot but there you go.

Anyway. someone above says, as part of the problem you might have a solution. I dont suppose for a minute that you've actually got anything worthwhile to say but lets here it if you have

IF he is or has been 'part of the problem' his honest opinion on what may or may not work is probably well worth listening to.

There is no definate answer to all this nonsense, bar heightened security.

But this nonsense about shutting the two loudest parts of the stadium is just a ludicrous knee-jerk reaction.

Not sure of the connection between owning a couple of flats ( was that a bad thing in any way ?) and admitting to being a bigot but there you go.

Anyway. someone above says, as part of the problem you might have a solution. I dont suppose for a minute that you've actually got anything worthwhile to say but lets here it if you have

:laugh:

If you're accusing me of being a daft wee laddie when I was 19, that's fine. If you're accusing me of being a bigot at 24, I suggest you provide me with more recent evidence to back up your claim :thumbsup: If you can't, like I suspect you can't, I suggest you keep your snide wee remarks to yourself.

Archived