Tesco Salary scale

Armageddon

Armageddon

I'm looking to find out what the salary band for "Tesco Work Level 2" is ... anybody know???

Cheers

heartsfc_fan

Not going to hazard a guess :ninja: but I'd say it's well paid.

I'm sure Cigaro (a JKB user) if he still works at tesco...might be able to help.

Armageddon

Not going to hazard a guess :ninja: but I'd say it's well paid.

I'm sure Cigaro (a JKB user) if he still works at tesco...might be able to help.

I've searched online and there's nothing other than one forum saying ?40-70k, do you think that could be correct???

You got any info on interviews and the format for Tesco?

I've searched online and there's nothing other than one forum saying ?40-70k, do you think that could be correct???

Apparently you enter the lair, stroke the master's pure white persian moggy, indulge in some manic laughter, then he shares his plans for world domination. Take out Bond and the job is yours.

grumpyjambo

Yea, it was nearer the ?70k when I was there..............................

Armageddon

Yea, it was nearer the ?70k when I was there..............................

Cool, got an email from them this morning confirming the band is ?50-?75k.

I must admit that's quite high.

High... unless you are the chap earning it then it is perfectly fine! :ninja:

CostaJambo

Agreed, especially when you factor in all the pockle. :whistling:

heartsfc_fan

Apparently you enter the lair, stroke the master's pure white persian moggy, indulge in some manic laughter, then he shares his plans for world domination. Take out Bond and the job is yours.

:D

Armageddon

Agreed, especially when you factor in all the pockle. :whistling:

Amazing word! I was brought up keeping pockle when my dad was ripping out a tank or stuff like that ... total Gyppo style!

<br /><br />

<br />

Amazing word! I was brought up keeping pockle when my dad was ripping out a tank or stuff like that ... total Gyppo style!<br />

<br /><br /><br />

Is that not keeping shottie?

Sent from my Garmin-Asus A10 using Tapatalk

CostaJambo

<br /><br /><br />

Is that not keeping shottie?

Sent from my Garmin-Asus A10 using Tapatalk

Keeping shottie is keeping look-out. Pockle is getting stuff for nowt, or even stuff you might have chored. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keeping shottie is keeping look-out. Pockle is getting stuff for nowt, or even stuff you might have chored. :lol: :lol: :lol:

That was my point.

I read his comment wrong but if you substitute the word "shottie" for "pockle" you'll see why.

"Amazing word! I was brought up keeping shottie when my dad was ripping out a tank or stuff like that ... total Gyppo style!"

A mistake any arse could make, apologies to Top Secret. :thumbsup:

Shopping or working for Tesco is like supporting the Old Firm

how do you work that 1 out?

i shop at tesco every week , it's either that or the co-op and the co-op is dearer for everything.

even the birds working at tesco are better looking than the mingers at the co-op

Armageddon

Amazing word! I was brought up keeping pockle when my dad was ripping out a tank or stuff like that ... total Gyppo style!

That was my point.

I read his comment wrong but if you substitute the word "shottie" for "pockle" you'll see why.

"Amazing word! I was brought up keeping shottie when my dad was ripping out a tank or stuff like that ... total Gyppo style!"

A mistake any arse could make, apologies to Top Secret. :thumbsup:

Ya wee bugger!!!! :thumbsup:

how do you work that 1 out?

i shop at tesco every week , it's either that or the co-op and the co-op is dearer for everything.

even the birds working at tesco are better looking than the mingers at the co-op

Not in Davidson's Mains.

grumpyjambo

Very demanding though.

chester copperpot

Work Level 2 - Salary band is between ?38000 - ?66000.

I know this for a fact. :thumbsup:

kiltedjedi

Geezo, the company really are being sold to me :(

I worked at Tesco in Welwyn Garden City (Head Office) for 4 years until I emigrated.

The company was fairly good, there were promotion opportunities even when the IT was getting offshored to India, and I have a few mates who still work there. That pay scale seems a little high, but it has been 4 years since I left as work level 2, and I was on ?45,000 ish. You will also get shares after you've been there a year or so as part of your package, and they offered shares through a salary sacrifice scheme to employees as well

I don't know about other areas but IT we had to sit an aptitude test which was at the time the hardest test I'd ever sat, only 2 of us passed it out of 20 who sat it.

The interview process is fairly standard interview. Just make sure you're prepared on your area of expertese, the managers I had and were interviewed by knew what they were on about and they will ask tough questions within your field. And you will be expected to earn that money if you are successful, they don't make billions in profit for nothing ;). If you do get it and end up in the delightful WGC Shire Park campus I would recommend you check out the clothing buyers, some very fine examples of the female form there. Also the Shire Park club is on the campus and has cheap beer, snooker, pool and darts.

Good luck with it all mate

Armageddon

Work Level 2 - Salary band is between ?38000 - ?66000.

I know this for a fact. :thumbsup:

Cheers :thumbsup:

I worked at Tesco in Welwyn Garden City (Head Office) for 4 years until I emigrated.

The company was fairly good, there were promotion opportunities even when the IT was getting offshored to India, and I have a few mates who still work there. That pay scale seems a little high, but it has been 4 years since I left as work level 2, and I was on ?45,000 ish. You will also get shares after you've been there a year or so as part of your package, and they offered shares through a salary sacrifice scheme to employees as well

I don't know about other areas but IT we had to sit an aptitude test which was at the time the hardest test I'd ever sat, only 2 of us passed it out of 20 who sat it.

The interview process is fairly standard interview. Just make sure you're prepared on your area of expertese, the managers I had and were interviewed by knew what they were on about and they will ask tough questions within your field. And you will be expected to earn that money if you are successful, they don't make billions in profit for nothing ;). If you do get it and end up in the delightful WGC Shire Park campus I would recommend you check out the clothing buyers, some very fine examples of the female form there. Also the Shire Park club is on the campus and has cheap beer, snooker, pool and darts.

Good luck with it all mate

I have been doing dummy tests, 8 in total and they're bloody hard ... first 10 questions are a skoosh then BOOM it hits you :( Can't believe how bad my spelling is ... must do better. Next stage isn't until next week so time to prepare.

Cheers for all your info though, much appreciated.

Archived