Kingston - 6 - well taken goal, couple of good crosses too

Stewart - 5 - plenty effort, little inspiration

Jonsson - 7 - excellent game, huge effort, lucky not to have his leg broken

Palazuelos - 6 - better this week, terrible shooting

Miko - 7 - another MoM performance, our best outlet

Nade - 5 - better performance but outrageous dissent towards Frail

Ivaskevicius - 2 - not much time but didn't contribute

Wallace - 3 - no time, but should have been played through

Frail should have taken Nade off for his indiscipline. Otherwise perplexing decision to take off Miko and strange refusal to use last sub. Why no Makela or Mole on the bench? Why Ksnavicius there after last week's horror show? Right to take Kingston off but why Ivaskevicius?

Referee was way too pernickety and gave too many nothing fouls. But got the bigger decisions right (except Neilson's booking) and was dead right to send off the United player for a seriously dirty foul.

Basso - 6 - never tested

Neilson - 7 - another fine display, huge effort

Zaliukas - 6 - on wrong side occasionally

Berra - 7 - another fine display

Goncalves - 5 - the best in the world at showing the ball out

Frail should have taken Nade off for his indiscipline. Otherwise perplexing decision to take off Miko and strange refusal to use last sub. Why no Makela or Mole on the bench? Why Ksnavicius there after last week's horror show? Right to take Kingston off but why Ivaskevicius?

Referee was way too pernickety and gave too many nothing fouls. But got the bigger decisions right (except Neilson's booking) and was dead right to send off the United player for a seriously dirty foul.

Spot on mate.

Basso - 7 - Assured save for one minor blip, thought he commanded his area well

Neilson - 7 - Thought Robbie was very good today, no doubt he'll get marked down by the usual suspects though...

Goncalves - 7 - Save for one mis-kick, I thought he looked solid in defence and decent going forward

Berra - 7 - Handled De Vries very well, very solid

Zaliukas - 7 - Has all the raw material to be a very good centre half, seems to have lost some of the complacent arrogance that made him dis-likeable.

Kingston - 7 - When he plays he provides a spark we otherwise lack, well taken goal.

Jonsson - 8 - Broke up all of their attacks, distributed the ball well.

Stewart - 7 - Came on to a game as the match progressed, a good attacking threat

Paluzeulos - 6 - Lacked vision a couple of times, but otherwise did well

Mikoluinas - 8 - Pacey, lively, showed good vision, touch and attitude. Save for the miss it would have been a 9.

Nade - 6 - Work rate comes in fits and bursts but held the ball up well at times, and got in for a couple of chances.

Subs - Ivaskevicius and Wallace both 3 - both provided energy as Miko and Larry tired.

Basso - 7 - Assured save for one minor blip, thought he commanded his area well

Neilson - 7 - Thought Robbie was very good today, no doubt he'll get marked down by the usual suspects though...

Goncalves - 7 - Save for one mis-kick, I thought he looked solid in defence and decent going forward

Berra - 7 - Handled De Vries very well, very solid

Zaliukas - 7 - Has all the raw material to be a very good centre half, seems to have lost some of the complacent arrogance that made him dis-likeable.

Kingston - 7 - When he plays he provides a spark we otherwise lack, well taken goal.

Jonsson - 8 - Broke up all of their attacks, distributed the ball well.

Stewart - 7 - Came on to a game as the match progressed, a good attacking threat

Paluzeulos - 6 - Lacked vision a couple of times, but otherwise did well

Mikoluinas - 8 - Pacey, lively, showed good vision, touch and attitude. Save for the miss it would have been a 9.

Nade - 6 - Work rate comes in fits and bursts but held the ball up well at times, and got in for a couple of chances.

Subs - Ivaskevicius and Wallace both 3 - both provided energy as Miko and Larry tired.

Agree entirely with the possible exception of Nade. I would mark him down to 5 for the shocking second half miss. But he did work hard.

Mr Quagmire
Basso - 6 - never tested

Neilson - 7 - another fine display, huge effort :confused:

Miko was injured and his injection must have been waring off, also want to keep him in good shape for the off !!!

Apparently 28 has been doing the biz in training, others have not.

chester copperpot

Basso - 6 - Nought to do, looked shaky at one save.

Neilson - 7 - Thought he was excellent today

Zaliukas - 6 - Played well, but should never have been near the 1st team.

Berra - 9 - Superb Performance today from Berra, against tought opposition, dare I say his best in a Hearts top, he was top drawer.

Goncalves - 5 The shepherd as he's now called in my section

Kingston - 6 Great goal, got caught too ofter IMO

Stewart - 7 - Came onto a game after shocking start. If we only had 11 triers like him.

Jonsson - 8 - Excellent, pass of the season for Larry's goal, all round top display.

Palazuelos - 7 - Neat and tidy, didn't give it away much.

Miko - 9 - Superb, tried his ass off, not far off old Miko who was barry, pity it looks like its his last in a Hearts jersey.

Nade - 4 - Cannot play up front on his own, his argument with Frail shows all what is wrong with our club. Should've been hooked at half time.

Ivaskevicius - 2 - Not much time but he put in a terrible tackle.

Wallace - 2 - As above, except the tackle part.

Overall 7 - Team played pretty good, dominating a decent united team. We played some nice stuff today, but looked ineffective at 4-5-1 until we scored.

The Old Tolbooth

Basso 5 Not one single save to make, really didnt expect that!

Neilson 7 Thought Robbie was good today and deserves some praise for a change.

Zaliukas 5 Does my head in with constant shirt pulling but coped ok today.

Berra 6 Not a lot to do but coped with what he had to do very well

Goncalves 5 This guy couldnt pass water, but is excellent at guarding the ball out of play

Kingston 7 Larry was very good today, looked up for it and looked much sharper than last week.

Stewart 4 This guy huffs and puffs and blows out his erse in the first 20 minutes, need to offload asap.

Jonsson 7 Superb performance from the wee man, relieved to see him get back on his feet after horror tackle.

Palazuelos 6 Love the way he always looks for a pass to feet, but keep him away from oppositions goal cos he couldnt score in a barrel o fuds.

Miko 8 Thought Miko was a real livewire today, by far the best in our team and was a constant threat to Uniteds well organised defence. Really think he's starting to come onto a game now and would love to see the wee man stay with us.

Nade 4 I just dont get this guy! Every time a move breaks down he looks for someone else to blame, even when its his fault, he constantly shouts abuse at other players when he barely tries a leg himself, also the abuse shown towards Frail means he will almost certainly not play next week. I dont rate him at all!!

Ivaskevicius 5 I thought he did ok when he came on, although not much time to do a lot but what he did do was doen with a bit of passion for a change.

Wallace 2 Why the hell take Miko off and bring Lee on when Miko was running the show??? Absolutely stupid sub to make, unless of course Miko was injured which didnt look the case because he looked surprised when he was hooked.

Anthony Basso 6 - Nothing to do. Few dodgy kicks but he came for a couple of excellent catches at corners.

Robbie Neilson 6.5 - Steady. The best we will get from him.

Marius Zaliukas 6.75 - Like Andy said shouldn't have played but eased through the game.

Christophe Berra 7.5 - Dealt brillaintly with De Vries and everything else thrown at him.

Jose Goncalves 6.5 - Pretty solid. Few dodgy passes.

Laryea Kingston 7 - For his goal. Other than that too quiet.

Michael Stewart 5.5 - All effort very little quality.

Eggert Jonnson 8 - One of his best performances of late. Some great defensive midfield work splitting up play.

Ruben Palazeulos 6 - Quiet. Would have preferred more of the play to go through him rather than Stewart.

Saulius Mikoliunas 8.5 - Lovely. Pace, endeavour, effort.

Christian Nade 5 - Hard job which he did pretty well but disappointed with the tantrum.

chester copperpot

I must be the only person who rated Stewart today.

His work rate is second to none, and after the 1st 20 mins, settled into a very good game IMO.

Midfield were very good for me today.

Ach I dunno if its the euphoria of winning or me being blind.

Anthony Basso 6 - Nothing to do. a slight slip but gather well against a really tall team.

Robbie Neilson 7 - Solid, linked well in the 2nd half

Marius Zaliukas 8 - IMO thought he dealt with everything today and had a real understand with the keeper and berra

Christophe Berra 8- same as above, Dealt brillaintly with De Vries and everything else thrown at him.

Jose Goncalves 6 - Looks world class when he does not touch the ball !

Laryea Kingston 7 - Was a real threat during the game and willing to take guys on

Michael Stewart 5 - The same as hose - was like a real rash on every player - but when in possension he was poor.

Eggert Jonnson 8 - One of his best performances of late. Some great defensive midfield work splitting up play.

Ruben Palazeulos 6 - did his job quietly, should have scored, but never gave the ball away.

Saulius Mikoliunas 8.5 - Same as last week, put a great effort in, and also scared there defenders all day.

Christian Nade 5 - Hard job which he did pretty well but disappointed with the tantrum.

His work rate is second to none, and after the 1st 20 mins, settled into a very good game IMO.

In my opinion you can't have Ruben, Stewart and Jonnson in the same midfield three. I would prefer Kingston in there with the weak link Stewart dropping out completly with Bruno when he is fit as back-up.

I love the fact he gives 110% but he just doesn't do anything for me. We already have a neat and tidy player in Palazeulos. He just doesn't do anything going forward. Which is what we need if we are playing three in the middle.

Chris Benoit

Basso 7-Claimed everything he came for which was a pleasant surprise

Neilson 8-Didn't put a foot wrong (extra point for hitting the post from the byeline) ;)

Goncalves 6-Could usher the ball out from halfway if he wanted, still too much of a bombscare for my liking tho!

Berra 8- Had De Vries in his back pocket

Zali 7-Steady performance and did well not to react to the Utd players on the wind up

Palazuelos 6-Usual good play tried the fancy pass sometimes when the easy pass would've worked better

Jonsson 8-Brilliant pass for goal and showed good vision with passes

Stewart 5-Came onto a game in the second half think he's guilty of trying too hard, needs to calm down

Kingston 8-Took goal well, final ball better than last week

Miko 9-MoM Brilliant again altho i doubt it'll change the oppinion of the usual suspects

Nade 4-Missed too many chances, too lazy and a terrible attitude. Frail should've taken him off the second he gestured to the bench saying he wanted subbed. Not Elliots biggest fan by any stretch of the imagination but at least he wants to play for the club!

Ivaskevicious 5-Showed good commitment and deserves higher rating than Nade

Wallace 5-Did ok

Ref got the big decisions right, maybe could've had a penalty in first half and a little too fussy but no real complaints

The Bas: 6. Nowt to do. One fluff, one good commanding catch.

Neilson: 7. Really impressive performance today.

Jose: 6. A more assured performance from the big man, even won a header.

Zaliukas: 7. Good performance, did well not to be riled by the Utd players tactics on him.

Berra: 8. First game I've thought he acted like captain. Giving orders and advice to everyone.

Miko: 8. A wee star today, shocking miss though :D

Larry: 7. Looked tired but too his goal well.

Ruben: 7. Steady and assured.

Jonnson 8: Given more space behind the other midfielders and probably his best game in maroon.

Stewart: First half 3, Second half 7. Started terribly. Either just before HT or at HT, he screwed the nut in and performed very well after.

Nade: 6. Terrible first half attitude, though some criticism was overboard. Great second half attitude.

ToadKiller Dog

Basso: 6. Not much to do ,a few nerves but ok.

Neilson: 7. good performance today.

Jose: 6. Pure Jose some good and some bad.

Zaliukas: 7.Solid held himself up well enough

Berra: 8. An assured performance ,just edges it as Mom over Miko .

Miko: 8. excellent today worked his socks off should have scored

Larry: 7. Getting there not 100% match sharp yet.

Ruben: 7. Another solid performance ,needs to have more confidence when shooting.

Jonnson 7: More like the promise of earlier in the season.

Stewart: 5 Trying hard just not happening needs to chill a bit.

Nade: 6. Almost a 7 when trying looked quality but to lazy at times did well holding up the ball and runs during the last 10mins.(needed a partner)

Basso - 6 - 1 shaky moment but ok.

Neilson - 7 - Good game.

Goncalves - 6 - Ok.

Berra - 8 - Great game my motm.

Zaliukas - 6 - Passing lets him down.

Kingston - 7 - Only mans that seems to create anything.

Jonsson - 6 - Best game this year.

Stewart - 5 - Great energy but passing and shooting poor.

Paluzeulos - 6 - Great 1st half fell away 2nd.

Mikoluinas - 6 - Plenty of effort but no end product again.Shocker of a miss.

Nade - 6 - Good 2nd half but needs a partner up front.

Really enjoyed the 2nd half but Dundee Utd were poor.Berra head and shoulders above everyone on the park.

Nucky Thompson

How can you give Robbie 7 and Stewart 5 :eek: Mikey was all over the park today.

magalufhearts
Basso - 6 - 1 shaky moment but ok.

Neilson - 7 - Good game.

Goncalves - 6 - Ok.

Berra - 8 - Great game my motm.

Zaliukas - 6 - Passing lets him down.

Kingston - 7 - Only mans that seems to create anything.

Jonsson - 6 - Best game this year.

Stewart - 5 - Great energy but passing and shooting poor.

Paluzeulos - 6 - Great 1st half fell away 2nd.

Mikoluinas - 6 - Plenty of effort but no end product again.Shocker of a miss.

Nade - 6 - Good 2nd half but needs a partner up front.

Really enjoyed the 2nd half but Dundee Utd were poor.Berra head and shoulders above everyone on the park.

Are you off yer heid??? Miko was outstanding today and has been outstanding the last few weeks.

He and Kingston are the only productive players we have!!!!!!

Come on matey look out ur yaks!

magalufhearts
How can you give Robbie 7 and Stewart 5 :eek: Mikey was all over the park today.

I agree to a certain extent, Robbie was his usual self but Mikey was just edging it from Robbie, In the 2nd half u could argur we have the weakest right side in the ess-pee-ell with robbie and no.28!

Still a win is all that matters

Chris Benoit
Are you off yer heid??? Miko was outstanding today and has been outstanding the last few weeks.

He and Kingston are the only productive players we have!!!!!!

Come on matey look out ur yaks!

Agree 100%:thumb:

The Old Tolbooth

It's cos he's yer new best pal after stroking his boaby last week at the player of the year do Andy ;)

Apart from stewart and zal everybody got pass marks, zal is the worst centre half in scotland by a mile why oh why is Tall on the bench only shaggy knows!!!

Basso 6 had that one gasp moment but recovered well, not really tested

Neilson 6 much better than usual, passed well and defended excellently as always

Zaliukas 5 a few mis judgements but overall, alright defending

Berra 7 getting in to a bit of form, he is commanding the defence well

Goncalves 5 nervy moments but good touches at times

Kingston 7 good work and took the goal really well

Stewart 5 he runs about yes, but he cannot deliver a ball, fair enough 2 good deliveries to the back post in the second half for Berra but considering the number of attempts he had, it was not his best day

Jonsson 7 had some great defence-splitting passes, not only the goal but near the end for Stewart

Palazuelos 6 not as special as normal but played the ball about

Mikoliunas 7 he played so well today, actually caring and beating players, unlucky with the 4 yard sitter... Shame this may have been the last time we see him in maroon.

Nade 4 if he could run about closing the opposition down he would be a perfect lone-striker, he showed today he can hold the ball up and he has the skills to beat them but his fitness is something that will need to be worked on during the summer

Wallace 3 he had a couple of runs but nothing special

Ivaskevicius 4 had the couple of Ronaldo turns and the pace that beat the defender later on, I think we may have ourselves a Cristiano Kevicius!!!

ToadKiller Dog

I forgot to give praise to Scott Wilson for his reading of the old firm score at half time ,well done.

chester copperpot
It's cos he's yer new best pal after stroking his boaby last week at the player of the year do Andy ;)

He never listened to me though, as I told him to leave the free kicks the feck alone. Did tell him his workrate was good though, which seemed to shine through again today ;)

Basso - 6 - never tested

Neilson - 7 - another fine display, huge effort

i pretty much agree. as for why no makela he was on the concourses signing flags with cesny and karapidis in the wheatfield today.

Apart from stewart and zal everybody got pass marks, zal is the worst centre half in scotland by a mile why oh why is Tall on the bench only shaggy knows!!!

sorry what did zal do wrong today ? he had one miss hit that went for a corner but the rest of the time was cool !

Ryan Gosling

Basso 6

Neilson 7

Zaliukas 6

Berra 7

Goncalves 6

Kingston 7

Stewart 5

Ruben 6

Jonsson 7

Mikoliunas 7.5

Nade 6

Iva-choo-choo 5

Trigger - n/a

Fozzyonthefence
In my opinion you can't have Ruben, Stewart and Jonnson in the same midfield three. I would prefer Kingston in there with the weak link Stewart dropping out completly with Bruno when he is fit as back-up.

I love the fact he gives 110% but he just doesn't do anything for me. We already have a neat and tidy player in Palazeulos. He just doesn't do anything going forward. Which is what we need if we are playing three in the middle.

OMG, I actually forgot he was still with us! Has he actually played a game this season? I would rather see him in CM than Stewart.

I know Kingston is our best CM but imo, he needs to play RM or it is a real weak link (Miko on his usual form rather than his current form).

Rick Grimes
I forgot to give praise to Scott Wilson for his reading of the old firm score at half time ,well done.

or the emphasis he placed when saying Noel Hunt....

Basso 6 - one slight fumble but solid at crossballs

Neilson 6 - lots of misplaced passes but did well later on

Zaliukas 5- still not sure about him

Berra 8- excellent game - looked international class

Gonclaves 7 - lightening quick . Strolled it but made one error that everyone here seems to mark him down for

Kingston 7 - livlier today.Well taken goal

Stewart 6 - curates egg of a performance . Good in parts but poor at other times

Palazuelos 5 - thought he was below his best. Couldn't seem to make a pass

Jonsson 7 - after a few poorish performance he looked more purposeful today

Miko 8 - he was excellent today - what commitment

Nade 5.5 - disinterested first half but took some harsh punishment for the cause in the second

Wallace 3

Ivaskevicius 3

Buffalo Bill

The best performance I saw today was from Gary Glen at half time.

Pick those out, Goalie.

Buffalo Bill

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Basso 6 - Did what he had to do with minimal fuss. Never really troubled,

Neilson 8 - Tremendous shift from him today. Some good touches also.

Zaliukas 7 - Competent performance. Linked well with Berra most of the time.

Berra 8 - Led the line well and dealt with MDV easily.

Goncalves 6 - Not his best game. Not his worst.

Kingston 7 - Great finish for the goal. Not fully fit but still a great player.

Stewart 7 - After a shaky start, he improved and made some brilliant challenges. Best performance in a while.

Jonsson 7 - Good, solid performance. Excellent pass for the goal, dealt with everything well.

Palazuelos 7 - Made a few killer balls, but also went for the wrong option, especially when Wallace could have been played through.

Miko 9 - IMO, his best performance in a Hearts shirt. Never gave up. Our best player of late.

Nade 6 - Not the type of player who can play as the lone striker. Needs a partner who is willing to do the harder work.

Subs:

Ivaskevicius 4 - Decent shift, some good touches. Looked up for it.

Wallace 4 - Should have been played through by Ruben. Otherwise, looked confident on the ball.

rudi must stay

Basso - 6 - didn't have anything to do

Neilson - 7 - big effort from him

Zaliukas - 7 - massive improvement, wasn't troubled all day

Berra - 7 - De Vries didn't win anything against him all, which is no mean feat

Goncalves - 6 - nothing got passed him

Kingston - 6 - thought he had a better game last week tbh, well taken goal though

Stewart - 6 - great workrate and his passing has improved

Jonsson - 8 - MOTM imo, never missed a tackle all game

Palazuelos - 7 - great tackling, really should have scored at the end though

Miko - 7 - just as well for him he had a good game or he really would have been slated for that miss..

Nade - 6 - should maybe have scored a couple,not good to see his fall-out with Frail though

Ivaskevicius - 5 - thought he had a good game and skinned the Utd fullback a couple of times

Wallace - 3 - the usual pointless sub from Frail

sandyseymour

Basso -6 Nowt to do

Robbie-6 played well

Goncalves-6 better than recently

Berra-7 did well against the hulk

Zal-6 bit better than last week

Kingston-7 most skilful player on the park but...

Ruben-6 better than last week...got forward more

Stewart-5.5 (poor 1st half ...better 2nd half)

Jonnson-7 strong and took a sore one

Miko-7.5 (excellent but deducted 0.5 for miss)

Nade-4 (not a goal scorer- nor a worker-greedy-punt him)

28-bad tackle 2

Wallace-4 not enough time to show but Ruben should have played him in

Ref - 2 poor

I can't think of any other professional player who runs about with legs and arms flailing the way Stewart does. Wasted effort which finishes up with him unbalanced, risking conceding fouls and getting stranded when beaten. The worst bit is when he misplaces a pass then blames his teammate for not "reading" it.

best in the land

basso--6 ok,bit of a bombscare at times though.

neilson--6 bit better, still average though.

goncalves--5 not a footballer new left back a must

berra--7 best defender,done well against de vries,still needs a better partner though

zaliukas-6 better but tall and karipidis are better than him

stewart-6 plenty effort,weekest link in middle though would rather have played another striker than him.

johnson-7 good game, lucky not too be snapped at the end

ruben-6 not bad but not his best game, wasted a couple of opportunities,can do better

kingston-7 plenty skill, but not near fit.

miko--8 mom-keep it up on this form hope he stays more like old miko

nade-6 holds up ball well.but needs a partner always. not fit enough for lone role.

no. 28 -3 quick but not good enough,exit asap imo

wallace-4 got in a couple of good positions to score but ruben ignored

frail-4-- manager please, youth coach at best imo

Can't understand some of the negative ratings on this thread. There wasn't a bad player in maroon yesterday. Nobody was really great either but an assured performance and very comfortable win.

Everybody gets a 7 for me except for Miko, Berra and Jonsson who get 8s.

Archived