Will we make the top 6?

djf

Will we make it?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Will we make it?

We must win and anything other than a Falkirk victory should see us into the top 6 to ensure we are the only team to make it every year since it's inception.

So do you think we will get the result we need?

Destruction Derby

Yes.

Should hopefully also make for a Large Noisey away support to cheer them on.

:)

shaun.lawson

No. This is Hearts we're talking about, remember? Of course, we have to tease the fans into thinking it's going to happen - before choking right at the last. Also, last season, we went to Rugby Park knowing we had to win, played appallingly, and lost 1-0: while Aberdeen won their home game 2-0 to seal 3rd. I sense a looming case of deja vu (albeit both clubs have fallen sharply since then), and Aberdeen 2-0 Falkirk and Kilmarnock 1-0 Hearts would be my guesses at this point.

Plus, we won't have Vlad at the game to cheer us on either: he's our lucky charm, after all... :)

alwaysthereinspirit
No. This is Hearts we're talking about, remember? Of course, we have to tease the fans into thinking it's going to happen - before choking right at the last. Also, last season, we went to Rugby Park knowing we had to win, played appallingly, and lost 1-0: while Aberdeen won their home game 2-0 to seal 3rd. I sense a looming case of deja vu (albeit both clubs have fallen sharply since then), and Aberdeen 2-0 Falkirk and Kilmarnock 1-0 Hearts would be my guesses at this point.

Plus, we won't have Vlad at the game to cheer us on either: he's our lucky charm, after all... :)

Victor Meldrew GTF.

I'd like to enjoy my weekend thank you very much.

shaun.lawson
Victor Meldrew GTF.

You're more than welcome to! But the OP asked the question, and I gave my answer, that's all.

Heart says yes but the head says no.

As Shaun says this is Hearts we are talking of. Plus they tend to be quite good against us at home. We have little firepower so if we are going to score it is likely to come from midfield. If we do make it, it?ll be a 0-1.

There are similarities Shaun no doubt. One major difference though is that last season our penultimate game was at Tynecastle allowing Aberdeen to come from a goal down to claim a point whereas this year it is a good win over a very strong Dundee Utd side. Last year I remember walking out of Tynecastle and there was a distinct impression that it was over. There didn't seem to be any stomach for a final day battle at Killie. This year I reckon the vast majority will fancy our chances going up there and hopefully that will reflect on the players.

I believe the Aberdeen game is on the Monday so we have to be professional and go out and do our jobs. Then we can have 48 hours to consider how the hell we are going to get behind Jimmy Calderwood.

shaun.lawson
Heart says yes but the head says no.

As Shaun says this is Hearts we are talking of. Plus they tend to be quite good against us at home. We have little firepower so if we are going to score it is likely to come from midfield. If we do make it, it?ll be a 0-1.

Of course, the other thing we know about this Hearts team is how crucial the first goal is. Score it, and we win the vast majority of the time (as has been a constant pattern under Frail) - but concede it, and we never win. I'll feel a lot more confident about our prospects the moment we come from behind to win a game - because as it stands, we've not managed it since the opening game of 2005/6! :eek:

Djf's point about Aberdeen-Falkirk being on the Monday is a good one, though: it'll certainly alter the psychology of all this. It's up to us to make sure we keep the pressure on.

shaun.lawson
There are similarities Shaun no doubt. One major difference though is that last season our penultimate game was at Tynecastle allowing Aberdeen to come from a goal down to claim a point whereas this year it is a good win over a very strong Dundee Utd side. Last year I remember walking out of Tynecastle and there was a distinct impression that it was over. There didn't seem to be any stomach for a final day battle at Killie. This year I reckon the vast majority will fancy our chances going up there and hopefully that will reflect on the players.

I believe the Aberdeen game is on the Monday so we have to be professional and go out and do our jobs. Then we can have 48 hours to consider how the hell we are going to get behind Jimmy Calderwood.

It's really unfortunate - and very peculiar - that the game's been moved if you ask me: because Aberdeen are surely much more likely to beat Falkirk if they know there's something in for them if they do. Yet another farcical episode in this SPL season: leagues synchronise matches on the final day to ensure no club is at a disadvantage, so why on earth hasn't this also been applied to the final games before the split?

Victor Meldrew
Victor Meldrew GTF.

What did I do? :)

I'm not sure whether we'll make it. Next game will be a big test for us. In a way, it might be better not to make the top six so we can play the youngsters and build for next season.

letsmakesomenoise
Victor Meldrew GTF.

You talking to me????????

What did I do? :)

I'm not sure whether we'll make it. Next game will be a big test for us. In a way, it might be better not to make the top six so we can play the youngsters and build for next season.

It is a thought but another derby is value enough for me to fancy the top 6.

No. This is Hearts we're talking about, remember? Of course, we have to tease the fans into thinking it's going to happen - before choking right at the last.

Exactly what I said at the game today.

We'll probably take 4,000 down there and kick them in the balls all over again.

I look forward to being proved wrong.

I voted no.

Don't think we've won at Rugby Park since Burleys first game. I think we'll probably lose 1-0, sorry.

We have done pish at Killie lately but I think we could sneak a 1-0. We are pish but so are Killie which makes me think if we can sneak a flukey goal then we can keep it tight for the rest of the game.

I look forward to it.

But if that happens Falkirk will probably win.

This time we go on the back of a good win.I think we will do it,but will the sheep do us a favour?

I don,t think so.

Archived