Luis Suarez V Fernando Torres

chester copperpot

chester copperpot

Who would you take.

Taking my Liverpool allegiances to one side, I'd take Suarez in a heartbeat. What a fecking player he is. His movement is just sensational.

Him and Chicarita as best signings of the season by a country mile.

Suarez easily. Great allround player and probably one of the signings of the season - or hernandez.

chester copperpot

Suarez easily. Great allround player and probably one of the signings of the season - or hernandez.

His movement tonight was phenomenol. Never seen Torres play anywhere remotely as good as that. It could have been double figures tonight.

I was well chuffed when we signed him, but feel now we've got Andy Carroll free of charge due to the Torres transfer fee.

tartofmidlothian

Suarez by a mile. Although I'm a Liverpool fan, Hermandez' peanuts fee probably makes him a slightly better deal though.

Mind you, bargains don't come much better than Kelly, Flanagan, Spearing etc. Almost forgot Liverpool had an academy until this year.

Pretty pointless question at present. Torres is still the best player i've ever seen in the flesh and im sure he'll return to a very high level before long.

Say What Again

No allegiance to Liverpool whatsoever from me.

As I posted on a match thread a few weeks back, Suarez is a fabulous football player.

I know you said 'no fees', but Suarez for half the price of Torres or Suarez and Carroll for the same price? Bye bye Fernando for me.

Harry Palmer

I just can't get enough.....Luis Suarez.

(Might as well get this over with... Scouse Sellick etc.)

Templeton'sUnderpants

Over their careers, consistently proving at a high level bar one season? Torres, with ease.

Arthur Morgan

Suarez easily. You could just tell how good of a player he was at the World Cup and he is showing that now for Liverpool. Although I would still take Chicharito over him :thumbsup:

The Comedian

50 million for Torres or 7 for Hernandez?

Hmm, and Suarez is on the up. Torres could become the biggest flop ever.

Maroon tinted glasses 2

Suarez all the way. I was at Anfield for his first game coming on as a sub against stoke and even after 5 mins you could see he was going to be special, he has without doubt as far as i am concerned been the most exiting thing to happen in the EPL this season.

Fernando who?

:D

So, in summary then:

"I support Liverpool. In no way does this affect my decision. I choose Suarez".

Both very good players and Suarez has been playing consistently well for a number of years; he was a stand out in a mediocre Ajax side. Nonetheless, they have very different characters and Suarez will inevitably do something that will have everyone shaking their heads and wondering what he was thinking. It's part of what makes him the player he is, but once defenders work out how to rattle him, stand back and watch.

chester copperpot

So, in summary then:

"I support Liverpool. In no way does this affect my decision. I choose Suarez".

Shoosht you :D

chester copperpot

Amazingly short term views on this thread.

I'm going with his form for Uruguay, then his last few years with Ajax before signing for Liverpool mate.

Torres only really did it for 18 months at Liverpool. Undoubtedly a fabulous player however never scored prolifically at Atletico either.

Ach am starting to sound like Mitchell, and on that note, bid this thread a goodbye :)

Do The Dance

Amazingly short term views on this thread.

Not really. Torres was well below par for over 2 years now. I don't think it will be easy for him to re-discover that form again.

I'm going with his form for Uruguay, then his last few years with Ajax before signing for Liverpool mate.

Torres only really did it for 18 months at Liverpool. Undoubtedly a fabulous player however never scored prolifically at Atletico either.

Ach am starting to sound like Mitchell, and on that note, bid this thread a goodbye :)

Not really. Torres was well below par for over 2 years now. I don't think it will be easy for him to re-discover that form again.

Just to clarify for Valderrama first, 2009/2010 season, he finished with 22 goals in 32 games. That was brought to a halt by an injury in April. He never really recovered from that knee injury, went to the World Cup and hasn't really recovered yet. I'd wait until next season before suggesting he is finished.

Just over one year ago, people were falling over themselves to say he was the best in the world. One injury, zero recovery time and a resultant poor season and all is forgotten?

chester copperpot

Just to clarify for Valderrama first, 2009/2010 season, he finished with 22 goals in 32 games. That was brought to a halt by an injury in April. He never really recovered from that knee injury, went to the World Cup and hasn't really recovered yet. I'd wait until next season before suggesting he is finished.

Just over one year ago, people were falling over themselves to say he was the best in the world. One injury, zero recovery time and a resultant poor season and all is forgotten?

Na, I'm just a bitter Liverpool fan who bought into all his one club pash.

Adored him, was gutted when he left, however that blow has been more than cushioned with the performances of Suarez.

Always been one of those people who never fully rated Torres. Had a good spell but then has dramatically lost it in a scary way!

As for the debate, Suarez has played like 15 games?! I don't doubt he will be class & shows signs already, but Liverpool fans need a settle down a little with this. Hernandez you could argue has done more than Suarez

The Old Tolbooth

Personally, I think it's very unfair to compare them both.

Sure, Suarez is in phenomenal form just now, but the time to compare them would be if they ever hit top form at the same time, and even then you couldn't compare them because they are completely different types of players, so it's more or less impossible to do.

I thought Torres was outstanding for Liverpool when in form, but he was dogged by injuries and never really came back from them, then when he did make his comeback the club were in complete turmoil and sinking faster than the Titanic and his body language suggested that he didn't really want to be there, if Suarez loses his form then what will people start saying about him? He's new to the EPL and so far he's setting it on fire which is superb to watch, but every player hits a flat spot in their career at some point and it's how he recovers from this (should it happen) which will be the real test of character.

Once Torres gets a pre season behind him at Chelsea, I wouldn't be surprised if he starts banging them in for them too, he's too good to stay this poor for the rest of his career, the guy has talent! I can also see Drogba possibly moving on which would possibly give Torres the No1 strikers slot.

Do The Dance

Could say the same for Michael Owen?

It wasn't 1 injury either he was coming off injured alot this season.

We'll see what the future brings, but there's been little proof so far that he'll get his 23 year old form back.

Archived