Scottish Cup Final Ticket Allocations?

RoyCropper

RoyCropper

It should be in the rules that Scottish Cup Finals should be split 50/50.

Tims complaining that they have a bigger fan base so should get more. Fair enough its true but finals are neutral . But surely they should be split 50/50 and if the other team dont sell them they are returned for other team.

If Celtic got to a European Final against Man Utd, Barca, Real Madrid etc would they accept less tickets because the other team has a bigger fanbase? Not a chance. Also, wouldnt happen because just about every other final in the world is split evenly.

SFA pandering to OF again. Im so disillusioned with Scottish Football to be honest. Just wasting my time and money, pissing into the wind when only the OF are going to win anything. Dont get me wrong, I love Hearts and could never turn my back on them but sometimes just wonder why we bother.

heartsfc_fan

It should be a 50/50 split, but do Motherwell have enough fans to actually fill half of Hampden?

RoyCropper

It should be a 50/50 split, but do Motherwell have enough fans to actually fill half of Hampden?

Not the point. They probably dont but they should be at least given the chance. Finals should be neutral and not favour any team.

Our national stadium even has a "Celtic End" and "Rangers End." :down:

The whole of Scottish football stinks and bias like this is so common people dont even seem to notice it anymore. :mellow:

Vlad-Stupid

To be fair, the SFA cream 16%(may be wrong as I read it a while back) of all Scottish cup ticket sales(>?400) so I don't blame the them for maximising their profits. Fighting Celtic in court every 8minutes can't be cheap

Tims complaining that they have a bigger fan base so should get more. Fair enough its true but finals are neutral . But surely they should be split 50/50 and if the other team dont sell them they are returned for other team.

If Celtic got to a European Final against Man Utd, Barca, Real Madrid etc would they accept less tickets because the other team has a bigger fanbase? Not a chance. Also, wouldnt happen because just about every other final in the world is split evenly.

SFA pandering to OF again. Im so disillusioned with Scottish Football to be honest. Just wasting my time and money, pissing into the wind when only the OF are going to win anything. Dont get me wrong, I love Hearts and could never turn my back on them but sometimes just wonder why we bother.

So when we played Gretna do you think a 50/50 split would have worked?

I love a moan so here goes....:rolleyes: ......the whole thing is a shambles and money and T.V. now rule the roost.Take the Semi a few weeks back.A midday kick-off in Glasgow with the two teams from Motherwell and St Johnstone.To top that off,the game was on two channels.LIVE! A ******nonsense.Even the radio pundits were saying the game should have been at Tynecastle or Easter Rd.

The reason some hooped demon fans were moaning about the allocation was mainly because of the crowd at that semi.The people who agreed with this nonsense should be ashamed...Boyle and Brown were surely in on this,wouldn't surprise me if they were.Could be accused of cutting my nose off to spite my face but i'm glad the fans voted with their feet and hope we,as fans,use this power again to remind the powers that be that it's our game and at the end of the day if we don't go the game dies.

On a personal level,i wouldn't get too despondent,Roy,regarding Hearts.We are in a far better place than most teams.

p.s. Perth,Boab!:rolleyes:

Riddley Walker

C'mon I'm all for a SFA conspiracy theory but this is stupid. Motherwell would never get 25,000 fans and everyone knows this. When Hearts played there against OF its 50/50 because we can fill it.

Hearts Heritage

So when we played Gretna do you think a 50/50 split would have worked?

Gretna did not ask for a 50/50 split. IIRC they asked for something like 6,000 initially and when they were sold (including a lot to Hearts fans) they got some more

I am all for a 50/50 split IF the clubs involved can sell all the tickets given to them -- if not then the other club should have first option to sell them to their own fans -- if in doubt do as is being done -- hand over 16,000 and see if they can sell them first.

A final is on neutral terrority and with as even a split of fans as can be achieved to even factors up.

Hackney Hearts

C'mon I'm all for a SFA conspiracy theory but this is stupid. Motherwell would never get 25,000 fans and everyone knows this.

Not true. Just about any team can sell out for a Cup Final (Gretna being an obvious exception - but they were a freak). Club allocations are not as high as 25k anyway.

Motherwell v Dundee Utd 57,319

Kilmarnock v St Johnstone 48,953

Dundee Utd v Ross County 47,122

Cairneyhill Jambo

The attendance for the semi final between Celtic and Aberdeen was only 30,000.

Celtic may have a bigger fan base, but if they cannot be bothered going to the semi final, they shouldn't get the lions share of the tickets for the final.

It should be a 50/50 split.

MacDonald Jardine

I'm not one to support Celtic but in this case Motherwell season ticket holders are getting 4 each. That means everyone and their auntie who wants to go will get one.

Well over half the Celtic season ticket holders won't.

I'm not convinced that's fair.

oh ah grantona

no way 50/50 at the begining it should be set out 50/50 with the smaller club having a deadline to sell tickets (every person who is a well fan will snap there ticket up within a couple of weeks onsale if not days) what is unsold is handed back and passed onto the bigger club motherwell would struggle to get anywhere near 20k sorry its facts and why have an empty stadium

The Treasurer

no way 50/50 at the begining it should be set out 50/50 with the smaller club having a deadline to sell tickets (every person who is a well fan will snap there ticket up within a couple of weeks onsale if not days) what is unsold is handed back and passed onto the bigger club motherwell would struggle to get anywhere near 20k sorry its facts and why have an empty stadium

This seems the fairest way to me.

Each club is allocated a 50/50 share with the tickets to be sold in blocks with a deadline for the sale of each block after which the tickets are passed on to the other club, provided they have sold their allocation.

As stated above genuine fans will get their tickets right away with the rest made up of glory hunters who just fancy a day out at the cup final

That's how it should be done.

mulleted_jambo

I thought this was what happened anyway. If not it certaily should be.

Have they anounced that they're giving them less than 50%?

Also how many tickets go for hospitality?? I thought both teams only got 22,000 for the semi against hibs after all the corporate tickets had been sold. I migth be wrong though.

Deans Jambo

I'm not one to support Celtic but in this case Motherwell season ticket holders are getting 4 each. That means everyone and their auntie who wants to go will get one.

Well over half the Celtic season ticket holders won't.

I'm not convinced that's fair.

This ain't a Celtic home game. You buy a season ticket to make sure you can see your clubs home matches it does not include possible matches at a neutral venue!

Not true. Just about any team can sell out for a Cup Final (Gretna being an obvious exception - but they were a freak). Club allocations are not as high as 25k anyway.

You could add Hearts v Gretna to that list.

All decent crowds but no OF.

I reckon neutrals would be much less likely to go if one of the OF are involved as in this case.

Was it a final a few years ago when dundee were given 50/50 against rangers. There were big spaces in the dundee end, which looked terrible for the national cup final, and there was a lot of trouble inside the ground because loads of huns got tickets for the dundee bit.

I reckon 15k for motherwell is about right because I don't think they'd sell 50% without loads of tims snapping them up.

Ecce Romanov

Start witha 50/50 split then have deadline where unsold tickets are returned. OK Motherwell don't have a big support, but it's not fair to deny supporters who this might be a once in a blue moon chance to see their team in a final.

Francis Albert

Start witha 50/50 split then have deadline where unsold tickets are returned. OK Motherwell don't have a big support, but it's not fair to deny supporters who this might be a once in a blue moon chance to see their team in a final.

Simple and fair.

A lot of the Celtic fans who will be moaning about not getting a final ticket didn't bother to turn up for earlier rounds of the competition.

Neutral game, neutral venue, even fan split (if possible). How simple is that?

Smaller clubs should always be given the opportunity to sell a full 50%. I have absolutely no problem with once a season, or even once in ten season fans turning up for these games. When teams like Motherwell, who are in the final for the first time in 20 years, get to this stage people will fly home from all over the world to see the game. People who introduced today's Fir Park regulars to football will want to go along for the first time in years. If you're Dad/Grandad/Unlcle or whatever wanted to go see Hearts one last time in a final wouldn't you try your bollocks off to get a ticket for them at the expense of an OF fan who will probably/possibly be back in a year or two???

As has been said, this may in total still come up short of the 50% given but it is not difficult to sell a stadium like Hampden section by section until Motherwell feel they've maxed out.

On a side issue where were the GFITW on Sunday at Killie? The first ten rows of the "home" stand they were allocated were empty and there were even empty seats in their away end. Again it's a once in a generation thing for us against a regular occurence for them but if Hearts were in that position I'm sure there would not be an empty seat in the sections allocated to Hearts fans.

i cant remember killie playing stj in a cup final i didnt think stj had ever made a final maybe wrong though

i cant remember killie playing stj in a cup final i didnt think stj had ever made a final maybe wrong though

Good spot mate, it was Falkirk in 1997.

I always like it when the OF fans accuse other teams fans of being glory hunters for going to cup finals.

If Motherwell can sell 50% that's what they should get.

Neutral game, neutral venue, even fan split (if possible). How simple is that?

Smaller clubs should always be given the opportunity to sell a full 50%. I have absolutely no problem with once a season, or even once in ten season fans turning up for these games. When teams like Motherwell, who are in the final for the first time in 20 years, get to this stage people will fly home from all over the world to see the game. People who introduced today's Fir Park regulars to football will want to go along for the first time in years. If you're Dad/Grandad/Unlcle or whatever wanted to go see Hearts one last time in a final wouldn't you try your bollocks off to get a ticket for them at the expense of an OF fan who will probably/possibly be back in a year or two???

As has been said, this may in total still come up short of the 50% given but it is not difficult to sell a stadium like Hampden section by section until Motherwell feel they've maxed out.

On a side issue where were the GFITW on Sunday at Killie? The first ten rows of the "home" stand they were allocated were empty and there were even empty seats in their away end. Again it's a once in a generation thing for us against a regular occurence for them but if Hearts were in that position I'm sure there would not be an empty seat in the sections allocated to Hearts fans.

Absolutely,

It's our football governing showcase event.

And the governing boy's rule is to ensure fairness to all clubs and not favour one (or two) over the rest.

Celtic's fan base isn't going to reduce because some can't get to the game - but if Motherwell can generate a few hundred more then that's better for the game all round.

The Old Tolbooth

Cast our minds back to 1998 at the cesspit when we lifted the cup against Rangers.

I'm pretty sure Rangers wanted the lions share of the tickets for that cup final too, but probably the only decent thing that the pieman has done in his tenure at Hearts was to secure a 50/50 split of the tickets, and our allocation sold out no problem whatsoever.

I totally believe that each club should be given the chance to sell out a 50% split of the tickets, and the tickets should be sold in sections first for safety reasons, if Motherwell can't sell any more tickets with say 2 weeks to go, then these tickets should be offered to Celtic fans instead as Motherwell will have had their chance and everything has been kept fair.

Archived