john sutton

hibshater

hibshater

i have just been told that john sutton is supposed to be signing for us on tuesday. don't shoot the messenger just reporting what i have been told.

Drylaw Hearts

I'm pretty sure John Sutton has said he won't be signing for anyone until after the SC Final.

However....

I'd like this rumour to be true.

The People's Chimp

Seems to be supported by a few posts on other threads about us having made an offer.

i have just been told that john sutton is supposed to be signing for us on tuesday. don't shoot the messenger just reporting what i have been told.

Did you get a text from your Mate? sorry could'nt resist that.

hibshater

Did you get a text from your Mate? sorry could'nt resist that.

i don't claim to be ITK mate i am just passing on some info i have heard. this is the reason allegedly that mad vlad is coming over.

The Treasurer

I'm pretty sure John Sutton has said he won't be signing for anyone until after the SC Final.

However....

I'd like this rumour to be true.

I'd be surprised with the timing if this is true.

I'm sure he'll be fully focused on the final (and rightly so).

There is a possibility that his agent may be working behind the scenes.

Heartbeat

i don't claim to be ITK mate i am just passing on some info i have heard. this is the reason allegedly that mad vlad is coming over.

cheers then, would take him

I dont see how well would let this get in the way of there cup preperations though and although dont doubt you have heard this would feel its unlikely.

Its more likely the mad one is coming over to play central defence

Vlad is coming over to sign off the new set of accounts - ?35m odd debt fig I believe.

However I suppose he could do window shopping whilst here.....

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Isn't it better to get players signed up within the transfer window ?

Victor Meldrew

Isn't it better to get players signed up within the transfer window ?

Not really. The significance of the transfer window is that you can register the player. A team can sign a player whenever they want, he just won't be able to play until registration is dealt with in the following window.

Howdy Doody Jambo

Gonna have to shoot the messenger , bang bang

Who in their right mind would sign for another club the week before a cup-final ?

Has any player ever done this before ?

Source ?

Better call Saul

Didn't Rudi make it clear he was leaving before our Final . .. just wondering

Clerry Jambo

Vlad is coming over to sign off the new set of accounts - ?35m odd debt fig I believe.

However I suppose he could do window shopping whilst here.....

Not really what the thread is about, but I still take a sharp intake of breath when I see figures like that :woot:

Heartbeat

Dont think he did IIRC

He may have revealed his intent to those ITK that were close to him but I am sure the first real piece of evidence to the greater world was the T shirt under his strip thanking the Hearts fans.

Gregory House M.D.

entering tynecastle on Wednesday to be met with cardboard cutouts of Sutton modelling the new kit would be nice. The Motherwell fans will be :seething: at this news as they see us as their main rivals in the SPL. :vrface:

Howdy Doody Jambo

He did but he never signed for anybody before it , he wore his " Thank You Jambos " home made T-shirt when he scored and Dougie MacDonald booked him for it

Gonna have to shoot the messenger , bang bang

Who in their right mind would sign for another club the week before a cup-final ?

Has any player ever done this before ?

Source ?

Also, ahead of the 'big chat' between Vlad & JJ?

he might have decided that he is going to sign for us, he might sign tomorrow. But i would guess that he might have stipulated that he doesn't want it announced until after the SC final

gorgie_rebel

Hoping this is true but won't be holding my breath till the old scarf above head pic on the website.....

Would certainly lift some of the doom and gloom around the place. This and a win over Celtic tomorrow night :thumbsup:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Maybe not the same thing right enough but didn't wee Rattus Erectus sign a pre-contract with the Tims before 02/04/06? I seem to remember his Skinner and Badeil-96 moment as he watched from the stands. :D

Jambo Ell

Cheers for passing on what you've heard mate. Love a bit of transfer speculation about our signing targets for the following season.

chester copperpot

Would certainly lift some of the doom and gloom around the place. This and a win over Celtic tomorrow night :thumbsup:

Did you just post that 24 hours in advance?

Jambo Ell

I'm pretty sure that was announced on the morning of the final v Gretna.

Maybe not the same thing right enough but didn't wee Rattus Erectus sign a pre-contract with the Tims before 02/04/06? I seem to remember his Skinner and Badeil-96 moment as he watched from the stands. :D

I'm pretty sure that was announced on the morning of the final v Gretna.

Correct, gave us all abit of a laugh whilst stopped at some bowling club in the motherwell-ish area on the way to glory!

jambonian

John Sutton has got his head screwed on and has a great amount of respect for Motherwell and Stuart McCall, so there is no way he will be announcing any decision until after the final.

I do believe we stand by far and away the best chance of signing him however.

Doing the presser tomorrow, if he's about then I'll ask the question anyway. Even 'off the record'...;)

I'll wait 'til the ink's dry on a contract before i believe it. He's be a great signing but didn't Lennon say he could be interested in him? If that's the case it'll never happen, Hearts in their usual timewasting fashion will make no effort then someone else will snap him up. If Hearts want Sutton he should be signed now on a pre-contract irrespective of the Cup Final, in fact, it would be better if he did, he'd be determined to sign off his days at Motherwell a Cup winner.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Jambonian,

No offence mate but have you also ever seen a unicorn fighting a fairy over who is going to the driver of Santa's sleigh?

Jesus wept...

Jambonian,

No offence mate but have you also ever seen a unicorn fighting a fairy over who is going to the driver of Santa's sleigh?

Jesus wept...

That sounds pretty familer to me, After a Drunken 24 hour session i once had, Cant remember the sleigh thou. :rolleyes:

jambonian

Jambonian,

Jesus wept...

Eh!? Sorry, sentance makes no sense.

portobellojambo1

Have no idea if John Sutton is joining HMFC, but if he is to do so I don't think anything will be done until the end of the season. Similar with Taouil of Kilmarnock, He has stated he has spoken to HMFC, but isn't sure if he will be here and will not announce anything until the end of the season as he has too much respect for his present employers.

Mr Romanov is coming over early this week to attend the last home game of the season, and by all accounts will sign off the year end accounts while he is here. Why other directors of UBIG are also here is anybody's guess (they were at Ibrox on Saturday). Again, their presence in the country could be totally innocent, there may well be something in their business sector being hosted in the UK that they are planning on attending en masse.

Manny1874

The way we seem to do business now, is that when we are approaching a player for pre contract negotiations we inform the club that we are doing so, this is what happened with Darren Barr and maybe one more. I think then if we make a move for anyone in Scotland it will be in the papers the next day through a source at the other club.

Thats just the way I see it...

Coburg Hearts

That sounds pretty familer to me, After a Drunken 24 hour session i once had, Cant remember the sleigh thou. :rolleyes:

Sleigh Drive???

well, it's not any dafter than some of the threads recently. :)

Do The Dance

I think big Zandy has already signed, but not been announced yet. Similar situation here?

I think big Zandy has already signed, but not been announced yet. Similar situation here?

That gives me the boke.

Deans Jambo

Mr Romanov is coming over early this week to attend the last home game of the season, and by all accounts will sign off the year end accounts while he is here. Why other directors of UBIG are also here is anybody's guess (they were at Ibrox on Saturday). Again, their presence in the country could be totally innocent,

Why does this worry me!

Archived