Kevin Kyle - retirement

One flew over

One flew over

Just heard of Radio Scotland that KK may be forced to retire due to injury. Hope the news proves to be wrong!

Gregory House M.D.
:lol: whats the chances they got this 'exclusive' from a sarcastic tweet he sent Gowser about not being fit til 12/13? :vrface:

Guess The Crowd

They had an interview with him during which he expressed confidence that he would be back.

They used that as a sensational type headline though.

Auldreekie1874

They had an interview with him during which he expressed confidence that he would be back.

They used that as a sensational type headline though.

Yep, Headline's a shocker considering he said...

"I feel confident that I will be back playing and helping my team-mates again. I'm the worst spectator in the world.

"I know I'll get back and hopefully it will be at the beginning of the season and, touch wood, it will be the end of the hip problems."

Full interview here... http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13327222.stm

The guy is simply a leader and we need as many as we can get. I love the way he has acknowledged the importance of playing for Hearts and he has shown that in his desire. And he`s got Hearts blood! (albeit diluted a bit :D )

Jambof3tornado

Could the op not have thought of those of us with weak hearts when he came up with the title? Kevin Kyle injury update would have done!

Howdy Doody Jambo

We must have the biggest injury list in the UK

Hope the big man can come back stronger for next season and start where he left of in his last SPL game for us in scoring the winner against the vermin

Our season ended when big Kylie got injured thats how much we have missed the lad

The Old Tolbooth

Apparently he's nearly off his crutches and is hoping to get back into training again to be fit for the start of next season, so where would the BBC get such a sensationalist storyline about?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

We really have missed Kevin Kyle.

Yup... Still cannot believe you never fancied him. ;)

gorgie_rebel

Good luck to the big guy.

Hope he's back, bigger and stronger in time to get a pre season of sorts and ready for Europe :thumbsup:

hibshater

Anyone else get the Evening News text?

yip about 2 minutes ago saying that kk fears his career may be over.

Heartbeat

Anyone else get the Evening News text?

Given that Hearts are supposed to currently not be talking to the EEN and in particular banderson and that KK spoke on stage last night at the POY doo outlining what he sees as a timetable for recovery I can only assume its sensationist Journalism and derived from social networking sites already mentioned on other threads.

EDIT: I have not seen the txt any chance of posting it?

Drylaw Hearts

Yup... Still cannot believe you never fancied him. ;)

Before JJ took him to Killie I wouldn't have touched him with a barge pole.

I was all for signing him when we did though.

Heartbeat

Did you read the BBC link? The line comes from KK himself:

"Those thoughts [of having to retire] are still in my head just now.

"With the experience of 2005 I tend to become paranoid when I get injured.

"It was worrying. I was wondering if I would need to pack it in."

Easier to scream "sensationalist journalism" though

No but I heard him speak in person about 9 oclock last night and these thoughts never were mentioned. He expressed concerns it seems about old worries resurfacing. feelings he had in 2005. I would say given the circumstances understandable.

"I was wondering" not "I am wondering"

Still think it is sensationalist and comments taken out of context to what was being said

Easier to be the patron saint of Journalists it would seem

The Old Tolbooth

Easier to scream "sensationalist journalism" though.

I based it on what he had written on Twitter to be honest, and he wasn't talking like a man who was worried about his career ending, he was talking like a man who wanted to run through brick walls to get back into the Hearts side again and start doing what he doles best.

I only read the article after you picked me up on it, although I found it quite amusing that this story broke at the BBC ages ago, and the EEN just sent me a text telling me about it now like it was some sort of big exclusive for them :lol:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

What a lot of shite, he also says that he is 'paranoid' about such things. FFS, the lad's had horrendous luck with injuries and he is preparing himself for the worst possible scenario while also saying he is working his knackers of and praying his latest op' will get him "back in maroon".

C'mon Kevin, keep the faith and drag that intimidating big patched up carcass back on to the holy turf and get the gears whirring for Hearts and KK again!

:D

Heartbeat

He was asked if he was worried about having to retire, his answer was 'yes' and you think that's been spun out of context. Amazing!

I think it is a really good interview (KK always seems to be). He reveals some darker feelings but brings the narrative arc round to end with a bit of optimism and praise for the Hearts. Yet still there's knickers in a twist.

OK you win, I am very sorry.

Is that what you wanted to hear.?

Knickers in a twist? I wonder whos

I don't know what the original headline was, but it probably was a bit sensationalist. Hence the BBC changing it.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Kyle is a devastating weapon to have in the SPL, if we were able to ease his burden by adding Sutton, we would be terrifying all next season in an attacking perspective!

He is honest about his fears but I suspect KK is the type of guy who would play on if his leg was only still attached by a piece of skin. He'll make it back, that determination and tenacity he possesses will see him through.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Anyone believe that he will play more than half the games next season????

Well... Dunno quite how to answer that really.

* I hope he will play them all.

* I know he will be a big difference in the games he does play.

* I want him to score more than the ten he did this season.

The only thing I actually believe, is that he will do everything he can to play all Hearts' games next season. Thankfully he is not promising anything that we are asked to believe... :thumbsup:

Kevin Kyle will be a big player for us next season. Will be excellent for us to have experience back up to allow us to rest KK when required too.

I absolutely love the big man. Cannot wait to see him back in maroon.

agree 100%, mon big man lets show eveyone just what you can do

Boomstick

Just tweeted that he's not retiring and BBC changed the headline after hearing about his 'rage'

Good lad.

Uncle Buck

"BBC ending my career with a ridiculous headline got it changed after they heard my rage, I'll be back take more than a dodgy hip to stop me"

wright1989

BBC ending my career with a ridiculous headline got it changed after they heard my rage, I'll be back take more than a dodgy hip to stop me

:yas:

brilliant tweet from Kyle -- I cannot wait to see him back in maroon. tbh it is the single thing I'm most looking forward to next season

Chad Sexington

Easier to scream "sensationalist journalism" though.

It would appear KK is screaming "sensationalist journalism" :lol:

super_vlad

I love KKwub.gif

There should be a thread asking at which point you fell in love with kk!

For me, it was the game against falkirk, we were shite but he was a proper leader on the pitch and his goal celebration !

jambonian

Yes, Kyle was an important signing this season, if we could get Sutton and Rooney down from Inverness, along with Steven Elliott, Robinson and Smith as back-up young players, i'd be happy with that! It would mean the end for Elliot, Glen, Mole and Witteveen (if he's actually still here!)A forward line picked from Kyle, Sutton, Elliott and Rooney would terrify the others!

Boomstick

There should be a thread asking at which point you fell in love with kk!

For me, it was the game against falkirk, we were shite but he was a proper leader on the pitch and his goal celebration !

I don't think there was one moment where I fell in love with him. It happened slowly, the way real love works.

When he signed I though, decent signing, good luck to him.

Now I'd happily suck the goodness out of him. :thumbsup:

Yes, Kyle was an important signing this season, if we could get Sutton and Rooney down from Inverness, along with Steven Elliott, Robinson and Smith as back-up young players, i'd be happy with that! It would mean the end for Elliot, Glen, Mole and Witteveen (if he's actually still here!)A forward line picked from Kyle, Sutton, Elliott and Rooney would terrify the others!

Mark my words rooney is vastly over rated

Jamboelite

I have seen a fair amount of him this season in highlights and I dont think Rooney is over rated I think on a free he is a great shout and knows where the goals are but its all about opinions.

As for KK the man is a superb addition to Hearts he loves it here and I love the fact he is so passionate in the maroon.

jamie1874

He certainly didn't seem like someone who's career was nearly over today, when shopping in Glasgow, looked to be laughing and joking. I was going to go up and speak to him/ask him for his autograph but thought twice so I wasn't his next twitter joke!!

scottish_chicP

I am now addicted to Twitter. I only signed up to see KK's posts now I'm hooked!

jambonian

Don't know about that, 20-odd goals this season for a team in the bottom half of the League? Couldn't tell you the last time Hearts had a player that scored that many in one season, probably Robbo. Sometimes you need to take a chance on players, i for one don't think Rooney is any sort of risk and when you see some of the pish we've had like Elliot, Mole, Glen, Witteveen, Beniusis, Klimek, the guy whose name always escapes me.... possibly Danish and came over here for a season on loan from some Italian team(?) and was constantly injured, Perreira was another. Rooney would be a pretty decent signing and even more so if we got him for nowt in comparison.

Jambo Ell

Same!! McGowan's are superb too!

I am now addicted to Twitter. I only signed up to see KK's posts now I'm hooked!

Archived