John Colquhoun Screamer versus Celtic - 1987

Silvery_Moon

The Old Tolbooth

I actually remember that goal, an absolute raker which at the time I thought was going over the bar, I couldn't believe it when it hit the back of the net.

Walter Bishop

I was in the directors box for most of that season. :whistling: My old man was a gaffer for the compnay on the advertising board behind the goal Colqhoun scored in , Fiat Croall&Croall.

alwaysthereinspirit

I was there and Billy Mcneil said it was a lucky goal after the match!!!???

Somethings will just never change.

Love the fans singing the hearts song at the end of the clip. Great goal, Great memories.

Chad Sexington

I was sat in the old stand and had a brilliant view of the ball as it arced in.

Total screamer. :thumbsup:

Billy McNeil called it a "freak goal" after the match.

Bitter as feck. The Celtic way. <_<

I st

I was sat in the old stand and had a brilliant view of the ball as it arced in.

Total screamer. :thumbsup:

Billy McNeil called it a "freak goal" after the match.

Bitter as feck. The Celtic way. <_<

I stand :thumbsup: corrected...freak and not lucky was said by billy mac,has been a while right enough

4marsbars

Really was a super strike. The tv almost missed it.

Some things never change - Hearts are attacking so let's cut to a shot of the Celtic dug-out, while the commentator says how well Celtic have started.

If it wasn't for wee Robbo then JC would have complete legend status at Hearts! Dont get me wrong, I'm not saying he isn't a legend, just he was slightly over shadowed by the Hammer of Hibs during their time there. I got to have a kick about with Colquhoun on the Tynie pitch when I was a youngster and I can remember him pi55ing himself laughing when I back heeled a pass straight back at him. Used to chat to him on the Dunblane train when I went to college, a great guy to meet and a brilliant player for our club!! That is one of three goals I remember him most for, the other two being his screamer against Hibs at Fester Road and his equaliser against the Dons in the televised game in 86.

gorgie_rebel

Great goal. Great player.

Seemed to have the knack for scoring spectacular goals.

This one, the lob at Fester and the winner at Hampden in the 86 semi against Dundee Utd are the ones I remember most.

Private Hudson

Was standing directly behind Henry when that went in. Knew nothing about it until suddenly everyone went ballistic!

Mr Sifter

JC skinned a couple o Celtic players before hitting that shot. Sure he left Mick McCarthy on his arse iirc

jambojase

Some things never change - Hearts are attacking so let's cut to a shot of the Celtic dug-out, while the commentator says how well Celtic have started.

Exactly. Biased to the old firm as ever.

jambonian

Crackin' strike! Remember it well! Think he scored another cracker on his debut against Celtic in '85 aswell if memory serves me right?

John Colquhoun has got about 7 or 8 goals in my all-time crackers, not bad considering we had Robbo in the same team! The one above, the other one from '85, his goal against Dundee Utd in the semi-final in '86, an Aberdeen one, his goal against Atletico Madrid (I think), the Velez Mostar goal, 2 at Easter Road, both in a 2-0 win at Ibrox (can't remember if i ever saw them actually, missed the first going into the ground then missed the second because some jobsworth steward moved us, wrongly! to different seats!) ,Motherwell solo goal in the Cup at Tynie, loads more to choose from.

Archived