Wha's like us'

bigis semiauskas

bigis semiauskas

Please not Jose,dont want to end up with a team of greetin faced strokers who throw towel in when things get tough

and a crap brand of football.

The Old Tolbooth

I really wish ol bacon chops would pish off to his nursing home sometime soon, I'm getting a bit fed up of him winning silverware :(

shaun.lawson

Please not Jose,dont want to end up with a team of greetin faced strokers who throw towel in when things get tough

But there's no sign of the great man going anywhere - and retirement would be bad for his health and probably break his heart on some level.

But if he did move on over the next year or two, why not Guardiola for United? Everyone thinks he'd be a perfect fit for Arsenal - but why not Old Trafford? Failing that though, it's as likely to be Jose's protege, the extraordinary Andre Villas Boas, as Mourinho himself.

Rudi Skacel

Whoever it is, what an impossible act to follow. Took united from 2nd bottom of the league into the force they are today. 12 titles, 2 CL's and 2 more finals (with the potential of winning a 3rd).

Impossible act.

Clerry Jambo

Here's yir man Bigis.....

:seething:

Although he may struggle with the amount of front men at his disposal as he didn't have any at his previous club :rolleyes:

Here's yir man Bigis.....

:seething:

Although he may struggle with the amount of front men at his disposal as he didn't have any at his previous club :rolleyes:

The frontmen JJ inherited and went on to make them play better in the last part of last season? :whistling:

Anyway, Guardiola is a good shout if his time ever comes up at Barca. Its astonishingly overlooked how good this guy is and where he came from to manage Barca to the trophies he has.

Eckauskas

Whoever it is, what an impossible act to follow. Took united from 2nd bottom of the league into the force they are today. 12 titles, 2 CL's and 2 more finals (with the potential of winning a 3rd).

Impossible act.

Whoever takes over from Ferguson will be left a very good side.

SAF rebuilt United, when the time is right he'll see that the club won't go back down the pan.

The Old Tolbooth

It's hard to believe that he was one game away from being sacked around 20 years ago, if only Crystal Palace had won the replay :D

Whoever takes over from Ferguson will be left a very good side.

SAF rebuilt United, when the time is right he'll see that the club won't go back down the pan.

I wonder if that is true.. When you look at the players who are going to leave around the same time as Ferguson i dont think there will be to good a team left..

Without Ferguson in charge players like Raphael, Fabio, Smalling, Evans, Brown, O'Shea, Valencia, Anderson, Fletcher, Berbatov, Carrick, Gibson, Bebe and Obertan would struggle to get a top 4 place..

In the next 2 years Giggs, Scholes, Ferdinand will all be retired while Vidic and Evra will both be 32 and possibly not able to play every week.. Van der Sar is already quiting at the end of this season..

That leaves Nani,Rooney and Hernandez to build a team around..

They need to be quite a few younger superstar signings over the next 2 years if the new manager is going to be able to do anything.. While Ferguson is there I can't see the board releasing the funds as with Ferguson as manager they will continue to challenge

Gregory House M.D.

I wonder if that is true.. When you look at the players who are going to leave around the same time as Ferguson i dont think there will be to good a team left..

Without Ferguson in charge players like Raphael, Fabio, Smalling, Evans, Brown, O'Shea, Valencia, Anderson, Fletcher, Berbatov, Carrick, Gibson, Bebe and Obertan would struggle to get a top 4 place..

In the next 2 years Giggs, Scholes, Ferdinand will all be retired while Vidic and Evra will both be 32 and possibly not able to play every week.. Van der Sar is already quiting at the end of this season..

They need to be quite a few younger superstar signings over the next 2 years if the new manager is going to be able to do anything.. While Ferguson is there I can't see the board releasing the funds as with Ferguson as manager they will continue to challenge

What a rasper.

.. Put the lotion down and put your welt away. 1- SAF is planning to bring alot of young players this summer. 2- Ferdinand will be at the Theatre of Dreams a while yet. 3- If Davie Weir can last into his 40's i think the best CB in world football has a while to go yet. 4- Evra may be swapped for Marcelo. 5- With young players like Rodrigo Poseibon coming through i'm not that worried. The sooner chelski and the scouse realise SAF has set up United for a long time yet the better it will be for everyone. As for who should replace SAF it's gotta be pep or David Moyes. David Moyes has worked wonders with no money and i think he'd do well at United with the resources available.

What a rasper.

.. Put the lotion down and put your welt away. 1- SAF is planning to bring alot of young players this summer. 2- Ferdinand will be at the Theatre of Dreams a while yet. 3- If Davie Weir can last into his 40's i think the best CB in world football has a while to go yet. 4- Evra may be swapped for Marcelo. 5- With young players like Rodrigo Poseibon coming through i'm not that worried. The sooner chelski and the scouse realise SAF has set up United for a long time yet the better it will be for everyone. As for who should replace SAF it's gotta be pep or David Moyes. David Moyes has worked wonders with no money and i think he'd do well at United with the resources available.

Lets see...

1. How can you know that.. Apparently he is after a goalie.. Neuer appears to have turned him down.. De Gea isn't exactly sounding over enthusiastic about going but i do think he will end up there.. not sure about any of his other transfer targets except Snijder who is quality but not exactly a young signing..

2. Ferdinand is 32 and has already missed a lot of this season through injury.. i reckon he will have a maximum of 2 more seasons left.. he might be sold before that.. he wont be like Giggs and play into his late 30's..

3. To compare the EPL to the SPL (Davie Weir) is stupid.. Hooper has run rings round Weir this season and in the EPL they are much faster and better than Hooper..

4. Evra for Marcelo.. well Marcelo isnt great defensively but it would be a good swap.. he is young and can improve at United.. doubt it will happen though..

5. Possebon.. you can add him into the list of the players that aren't good enough for United.. there are youths coming through but its stretching it to think they will turn into the new Scholes/Giggs etc..

To be fair i would love it if they get Mourinho.. he doesnt have a good record of bringing through young players.. he will need millions to revamp the squad and while he is doing it they will go ultra defensive and complain about referees more that they do already.. Pep could be a great signing but he lives Barcelona so knows how to succeed there.. not sure if he will be able to bring the same to a different club.. not sure if the Moyes suggestion was serious..

bigis semiauskas

Be serious,Valencia would walk into any top 4 side.

Nookie Bear

I hope Utd get Mourinho as he would take the club backwards. Horrible tactics and an ego that would make him want to make too many changes too quickly just to show he is the boss.

What about that German national coach? His team play a similar style and gets results.

Be serious,Valencia would walk into any top 4 side.

Valencia was the weird one.. I think he plays really well in Ferguson's system.. He is direct and that is what they are looking for.. SAF actually plays him ahead of Nani who i think is a better all round player..

I just think that under a different manager Valencia wouldn't be so effective.. he and Fletcher were the 2 that might be able to step up with a new manager.. possibly..

Gregory House M.D.

RussAsia, you've obviously never seen posseibon play. Sir Eck is well aware of the need to buy new young players and will sign who he feels is good enough. You wrote off Bebe in your first post which was quite amusing when you consider his lack of games. Paul Scholes rarely starts anymore if Fletcher is fit... I don't know why. As for the CB positions, Chris Smalling is more than capable of replacing Ferdinand in the future and young De Laet is a very efficient CB at his level just now (not sure about EPL though) he can play in both full back positions too. Anderson is another player you've underestimated who i reckon will be a world class CM if he stops running with the ball so much... His passing is fantastic. The youth setup is more than capable of producing another United great and if you think otherwise your beyond daft.

To check who is exactly beyond daft i just checked up Possebon on Wikipedia..

He signed for Santos at the end of last year.. You might be right though.. a United legend in the making..

De Laet who at 22 is the same age as Marcelo.. he is at this time playing for Portsmouth.. if thats who the future of United is hanging on then the other EPL sides need not be worried..

So, Ferguson deliberately buys/brings through average players because his superpowers transforms them into instant winners/good players? lol

Don`t you think it takes a special mentality , first and foremost, to play for Manchester United? You can have the best manager in the world but if you don`t have the drive and ambition as an individual you won`t make it....and a great manager like SAF would see that quickly anyway and you`d be gone.

Of course he influences things but it works in conjunction with the right players who have the right mentality and ability.

People are sucked in by the big buys of Chelsea and wonder how some of the cheaper buys of Man U can overcome them. Well, i`ll tell ye right now, forget transfer fees....would you touch Torres? I would`nt , i don`t think he`s got the mentality and i said all along i`d play Drogba before him in an old Torres v Drogba debate when he was at Liverpool.

Kalou over Chicarito? Cole over Evra? Lampard over Giggs/Park? Its fine line stuff to be fair but Ferguson is the master of seeing a bargain and Little Pea shows more desire tenfold than 50m pound Torres.

Thing is, it didn`t take SAF to give him that. If anyone seen the World Cup last year you could see Hernandez was a player in everyway from desire to ability.

Gregory House M.D.

To check who is exactly beyond daft i just checked up Possebon on Wikipedia..

He signed for Santos at the end of last year.. You might be right though.. a United legend in the making..

De Laet who at 22 is the same age as Marcelo.. he is at this time playing for Portsmouth.. if thats who the future of United is hanging on then the other EPL sides need not be worried..

Wasn't aware of the move so i'll hold my hands up to looking daft on that one. I wasn't aware either that if you've not made the first team ahead of Ferdinand and Vidic by the age of 22 you're automtically shite but heyho you live and learn. With young players like Oxlaide-Chamberlain(sp?), Jack Rodwell & De Gea being targeted i think we'll have more than enough young talent. Fergie may yet sign another CB but i don't know. Darron Gibson, Rafael Da Silva, Fabio Da Silva, Chris Smalling, Chicharito, Obertan(may move in the summer) are all the other players who i reckon will do well for United. We will still have Rooney, Valencia, Nani, Anderson etc. as well so it's wishful thinking on your part that united will fall apart.

3- If Davie Weir can last into his 40's i think the best CB in world football has a while to go yet.

All well and good, but the best centre half in the world doesn't play for Man Utd.

lewis2006

Wasn't aware of the move so i'll hold my hands up to looking daft on that one. I wasn't aware either that if you've not made the first team ahead of Ferdinand and Vidic by the age of 22 you're automtically shite but heyho you live and learn. With young players like Oxlaide-Chamberlain(sp?), Jack Rodwell & De Gea being targeted i think we'll have more than enough young talent. Fergie may yet sign another CB but i don't know. Darron Gibson, Rafael Da Silva, Fabio Da Silva, Chris Smalling, Chicharito, Obertan(may move in the summer) are all the other players who i reckon will do well for United. We will still have Rooney, Valencia, Nani, Anderson etc. as well so it's wishful thinking on your part that united will fall apart.

CHAMP MAN ALERT :whistling:

How about you just wait and see how things unfold before making daft assumptions about players signing and the future of Man U.

SAF has done a fantastic job over the years to rebuild his team. To think that any other manager will just stroll into the job and carry on this work is utter naivety.

It's hard to believe that he was one game away from being sacked around 20 years ago, if only Crystal Palace had won the replay :D

Ferguson was given 5 years to turn one of the biggest clubs in England from perenial under achievers into the strongest club in England. His successor may inherit a stronger position but he is unlikely to be given that much time. Moyes is a smart cookie but if he falls a couple of points short of the title in the first two seasons he's unlikelyt to get a 3rd.

What's more the financial dominance that underpinned Manchester United success over the last couple of decades is looking decidedly less overwhelming.

The way they were held to ransom by Wayne Rooney underlines the fact that there are now other clubs out there who can compete financially with Old Trafford when bidding for talent in a way that nobody could 10 years ago. When Fergie arrived United were the richest club in Manchester. Not anymore and it's liable to get more difficult as Arsenal finish paying for their stadium.

Sir Alex is going to be a very tough act to follow.

The Treasurer

Avram F****ING Grant. Please, please take him :blink:

Perhaps a swap deal could be arranged wink.gif

Gregory House M.D.

CHAMP MAN ALERT :whistling:

How about you just wait and see how things unfold before making daft assumptions about players signing and the future of Man U.

SAF has done a fantastic job over the years to rebuild his team. To think that any other manager will just stroll into the job and carry on this work is utter naivety.

1- I don't, never have or will own a champ game. 2- The players i named have all been rumoured and not once did i say we would definitely sign them. I was simply using those rumours to point out SAF is obviously looking for young players. This whole thread is speculating the future of United. 3- I never once said anyone would, i only said united won't fall apart. Anyway, apart from the parts that were a lot of shite (all of it), i found your post intriguing. :facepalm:

Eckauskas

Unless you have seen players like De Laet play, I think it's unfair to claim he's not good enough.

Beckham started on loan to Preston after all.

lewis2006

1- I don't, never have or will own a champ game. 2- The players i named have all been rumoured and not once did i say we would definitely sign them. I was simply using those rumours to point out SAF is obviously looking for young players. This whole thread is speculating the future of United. 3- I never once said anyone would, i only said united won't fall apart. Anyway, apart from the parts that were a lot of shite (all of it), i found your post intriguing. :facepalm:

"the parts that were a lot of shite (all of it)"

Ok so let me get this right....the part I mentioned about "SAF doing a fantastic job rebuilding his team over the years" was in fact a "lot of shite" hmmmmm....Think you need to calm down son. If you can't handle the views of others you shouldn't be on a football forum. And as for your use of 1-, 2-, 3- in your post :facepalm:

Bert Le Clos

Rafael and Fabio are still only 20, and haven't looked out of place at all when they have played. Smalling is having praised lavished on him from people in the game, although is still unproven. Evans is still very young and I think it's too early to write him off yet. Fletcher is a fantastic player, as is Valencia and Berbatov is the premier leagues top goal scorer and you haven't even mentioned Park Ji Sung?

Players can easily go on beyond 32 and still be world class. Evra and Vidic are less injury prone than Ferdinand and I think we'll see them playing at the very top until well into their 30s. Ferguson knows how important a top 'keeper is and won't make the same mistake he did when Schmeichel left.

Add a knew top class keeper and that gives you Vidic, Smalling, Evans, Evra, Rafael, Fabio, Fletcher, Park, Valencia, Nani, Rooney and Hernandez to build a team around. Supplemented by players like Anderson who I think will improve, that's not a bad basis espcially if Ferguson is given funds to spend. Gievn he spent well over ?20m last year I think he'll have money to spend this season as they have been more successful.

I don't quite like to jizz all over Man U in the way HappyGrahamWeir does, but Man U will be in the top 2 in England for the considerable future.

I didnt realise this is Man U kickback :verymad: GTF gloryhunters

You cant say that, They will be Listing all the silverware they have won at you, Old firm style. I Remember united fans calling for fergies head, After the first 5 trophy less years. I Hope he goes, And the glazers pull the plug. :ninja:

Vlad-Stupid

For the record, SAF is one of the biggest welts in football. That aside, if I was allowed to go 700mil in debt, my team would RAPE his team :thumbsup:

bighusref

Whenever I see "us" on this forum, I am surprised that it is not Hearts that is being referred to.

Eckauskas

For the record, SAF is one of the biggest welts in football. That aside, if I was allowed to go 700mil in debt, my team would RAPE his team :thumbsup:

Would your ?700m be spent entirely on players or would it be a loan to buy the club itself?

Archived