Red card appeal?

jambotony

jambotony

Anyone heard if will appeal the red handed out to Eggy?

Surely with all the injuries, suspensions we have to appeal it.

No point. We appealed when Zal got headbutted but Brines still said he was correct.

Dean Winchester

Brines is a prick and will never admit he was wrong. So it'd be rather pointless.

It would be a waste of time. I don't think it was a red, but he went in with both feet and scissored the guy down, there's no way the referee will say he made a mistake there.

Depends how desperate we are for players and if we need anything from the game.

If United do win Tuesday, I'd imagine we'd lodge an appeal around 3pm on Wednesday afternoon.

Coburg Hearts

Depends how desperate we are for players and if we need anything from the game.

If United do win Tuesday, I'd imagine we'd lodge an appeal around 3pm on Wednesday afternoon.

4.55pm might be safer.

Only a Game

It would be a waste of time. I don't think it was a red, but he went in with both feet and scissored the guy down, there's no way the referee will say he made a mistake there.

Successfully appealing would not be the purpose of appealing though. Making the player available would be the point.

Frankly I think we can do without Eggy on his current form, especially if we see sense and use Zaliukas. I'd play McGowan alongside him ( I thought McGowan was excellent at Ibrox when he had to fill in for Eggy)

Move the liability that is Mroweic out of harms way and into defensive midfield and start Robinson.

Job's a good un.

The Old Tolbooth

Brines is as corrupt and arrogant as they come, after showing how little of a spine he truly has by not rescinding Zal's card at Aberdeen, we've got zero chance of this one being overturned.

Successfully appealing would not be the purpose of appealing though. Making the player available would be the point.

Frankly I think we can do without Eggy on his current form, especially if we see sense and use Zaliukas. I'd play McGowan alongside him ( I thought McGowan was excellent at Ibrox when he had to fill in for Eggy)

Move the liability that is Mroweic out of harms way and into defensive midfield and start Robinson.

Job's a good un.

Is Bouzid not back?

They'd be daft not too,don't think that SFA would have a meeting between now and wednesday,so make sense to appeal and have him available for selection(unless someone higher up doesn't want him to play for what ever reason).

AppleTarts

No point. We appealed when Zal got headbutted but Brines still said he was correct.

Does anyone have footage of that incident? Would like to see it again

They'd be daft not too,don't think that SFA would have a meeting between now and wednesday,so make sense to appeal and have him available for selection(unless someone higher up doesn't want him to play for what ever reason).

i think the 1st part of the appeal process is to ask the ref (or in this case, incompetent c u next tuesday) if he thinks he got the original decision wrong. this is why an appeal is futile.

bighusref

Never a red card. Ivanovic and Terry both made similar, yellow card offences today.

The People's Chimp

No it wasn't a red. Even though Brines is an arrogant fool, I'm not sure he was going to send him off till the linesman ran on and told him it was a red.

Never a red card. Ivanovic and Terry both made similar, yellow card offences today.

There is another reason why Eggy shouldn't have been sent off, not a fair one, but they way things are in football.

He was our match captain on the day. Unless it's a clear serious foul play, violent conduct or denying a clear goal scoring opportunity, captains do get a bit of leeway.

I'm not sure what Hearts can do officially, but unofficially verbal contact should be made between direct representatives of the club, or agents (M15 taking Brines out would be handy) acting on behalf of us, to Stewart Rregan and John Fleming that we are far from happy with the way Brines referees us.

I think I try to be open minded when it comes to refs, but how can only 10% or so of the games Brines refs us not end up with some sort sense of 'real' injustice.

Job's a good un.

Mrowiec is injured so may not make Wednesday anyway

Not worth the effort for a player that's average at best.Might be the wake up call we need for us to play our best team if United win on Tuesday.

Not worth the effort for a player that's average at best.Might be the wake up call we need for us to play our best team if United win on Tuesday.

Bit harsh on Jonsson but if United win on Tuesday I'll really start to worry.

Uncle Buck

Weir got booked for a tackle on Skacel and Edu got booked for a tackle on Black. Both just as bad as Eggy's.

Only a Game

Bit harsh on Jonsson but if United win on Tuesday I'll really start to worry.

There wont be anything left to worry about. If they win on Tuesday they'll finish 3rd. You can take that to the bank.

Francis Albert

We should certainly appeal, despite the outcome being predictable. It was never a straight red.

Robbo-Jambo

Mrowiec is injured so may not make Wednesday anyway

Thank feck for that.

I don't think Eggy got sent off for the tackle, I think he got sent off for the handbags after it when he shoves the Rangers player in the chest.

I thought that both should have received the same punishment as both were guilty of shoving each other.

basher161

Jonsson was red carded for 'violent conduct' which I can only assume was for pushing a Rangers player. If he was sent off for the tackle alone it would have been for 'serious foul play'.

Either way, Ian Brines is a ******.

The crowd wanted Jonsson sent off so Brines folded. Plus the fact that Scotland internationalist Naismith lept in making it appear that it was a serious foul only inflamed the situation.

Even Billy Dodds said it was at MOST a yellow card, but he did then go on to say that Brines has had a good season!!!

Heartbeat

I have just been told from someone at riccarton today that Hearts have indeed lodged an appeal on behalf of eggy

Coburg Hearts

We should certainly appeal, despite the outcome being predictable. It was never a straight red.

Exactly, and there is the added bonus of more steam coming out of Lennon's ears if he thinks we are trying too hard to win this particular game.

Clerry Jambo

Clumsy tackle from Eggert but never a Red, although we have to realise this was at Ibrox in front of 50,000 baying bears and 11 moany runts in blue jerseys who hounded Brines all day and in the main got away with it :angry:

Drylaw Hearts

Waste of a ?1000 imo.

It was never a Red Card but given Ian Brines is a complete tit we have very little chance of this being turned over.

Jonsson was red carded for 'violent conduct' which I can only assume was for pushing a Rangers player. If he was sent off for the tackle alone it would have been for 'serious foul play'.

Either way, Ian Brines is a ******.

That makes it even more farcical then as he pushed back after he was shoved by a player who ran 15 yeards to push him despite having nothing to do with the initial incident.

The Treasurer

Clumsy tackle from Eggert but never a Red, although we have to realise this was at Ibrox in front of 50,000 baying bears and 11 moany runts in blue jerseys who hounded Brines all day and in the main got away with it :angry:

It was the huns players (over)reaction that got him sent off, I've no doubt about that.

It was the huns players (over)reaction that got him sent off, I've no doubt about that.

I agree, but the linesman also came over very quickly, said something in Brines ear then scarperred - No deliberation at all.

We got horsed primarly because Rangers have a miles bigger budget, better players especially in key areas, allow their manager to pick the team but it's outrageous that a team can commit 8 fouls, get 3 yellows, one red, a clear offside n ot given.

Quite frankly - every official on Saturday stiffed us.

ollie2004

Agree that the officials were their usual OF biased selves. Why was that thug Weir not at least booked for clearly taking Temps out, if so then his booking for fouling Rudi would have been red. Also Naismith was moaning all game and should have seen red, as Lafferty well he would have been the star diver in the other weeks El Classico in Madrid. A complaint should be lodged against the officials!

Francis Albert

I agree, but the linesman also came over very quickly, said something in Brines ear then scarperred - No deliberation at all.

We got horsed primarly because Rangers have a miles bigger budget, better players especially in key areas, allow their manager to pick the team but it's outrageous that a team can commit 8 fouls, get 3 yellows, one red, a clear offside n ot given.

He certainly did. I may be paranoid, but linesmen do seem to play a more active role in refereeing Hearts games than they do others (while of course neglecting their main duty).

Waste of a ?1000 imo.

It was never a Red Card but given Ian Brines is a complete tit we have very little chance of this being turned over.

That about sums it up.

Yet another of the ridiculous red cards we've had at Ibrox. Beginning to lose count of how many shockers we've had there.

That makes it even more farcical then as he pushed back after he was shoved by a player who ran 15 yeards to push him despite having nothing to do with the initial incident.

Exactly. Although since two players pushed Eggert and both got a yellow each that will probably be judged as being fair as it is essentially two yellows per team...!

Heartbeat

There was an instance in the second half where the ball was send over the top wide to Jelavic i think. Craig Thomson was the nearest defender and he (as he ran ) opened his hands apart to show how far the guy ahead of him was offside, which was about two foot. Made to look even worse from the stand side camera angle that was almost behind the Linesman who even though looking along the line and CT demonstrating how far the guy was ahead of him simply kept his flag down. Pretty sure this is the same Lino that got involved in the eggy thing where not one but two gers players shoved Eggert. Its feking unbelievable..

Ps how much do I hate Naismith

Archived