The Big Picture..

Martin_T

Sometimes I think, my sense of perspective gets warped by Kickback and I'm sure this applies to many of you too. There are certain guys who pretty much live in this message board environment and thrive on whipping things in to a frenzy because that is how they get their entertainment.

I was discussing the whole Kello/ Zaliukas situation in the pub last night with a few of my Hearts supporting mates, the general consensus is that yes whilst it is obviously far from ideal that they may have been dropped due to interference, it is also true to say that they would never have been at Hearts in the first place but for the man doing the alleged interfering. So it's a bit of a catch 22 situation. The quality of player VR has faciliated at Hearts, due to the budget he inexplicably continues to provide, is still far in excess of our direct rivals of similar stature, Hibs and Aberdeen. Hibs and Aberdeen who of course have both finished in the bottom 6 this season, have flirted with relegation and are regularly playing in front of 4 figure crowds. Even accounting for the 'unavailable' players, but for injury and suspension, we could still have put out a team yesterday which is better than any non-Old Firm team: McDonald, Thomson, Wallace, Bouzid, Webster, Suso, Black, Skacel, Templeton, Elliott and Kyle.

Obviously, if VR's ego has seen fit to interfere again then that is loathsome and would sit uncomfortably with any rationale supporter of our club and I can certainly appreciate that JJ would be unhappy. But I would urge JJ to stick it out if possible, he's probably in his last managerial job at a good level, he's still got better players to work with than most of his competitors and he's still got a playing budget far in excess of most SPL clubs. All of that is pretty much down to Romanov's largesse.

I'm not going to lie to anyone, in an ideal world I would still rather see the club under different ownership as I can't stand the irrationality of some of VR's decisions, but ultimately there is no one obvious out there to take the club forward. If a club with the stature of Rangers who have been on the market for years, can only attract someone with questionable means such as Craig Whyte, who is likely to come in and take HMFC of VR's hands? So in the mean time all we can do really is concentrate on the positives of Romanov's involvement with Hearts and there remain many, in spite of his latest actions.

Vlad-Stupid

We're the third biggest team with the third biggest wage bill and funnily enough we're finishing 3rd in the league. I have absolutely zero complaints this year.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Hearts always had a higher budget even before Vlad's time. That is not an argument.

The sane among us accept that with Vlad there is always the risk of interference which has generally been to the detriment of the team. Getting Skacel back is negated by leaving out our best keeper and this very inconsistency is the root of many of our problems.

Its just life with Vlad and till he goes, it will never end.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I agree entirely. Until such times as there is a credible alternative to Vlad's brain farts we are what we are.

In some ways, it's actually more entertaining when he does have one of them, albeit it is to the club's detriment normally. Call it the Dream Team effect!

ToadKiller Dog

The Internet turns idle speculation into a game of Chinese whispers into mass paranoia . It exaggerates problems into silver foil hated conspiracy levels until the eventual truth comes out which is no where near the Internets height of euphoria and we all calm down after a few slagging matches of i told you so until the next time .

Thats my experience of Internet forums whatever the subject .

Sten Guns

I will keep it short.

Vlad's a prick, a complete embarrassment to Heart of Midlothian at times, an unstable egotistical walloper and I can't wait until the day he leaves.

Drylaw Hearts

I will keep it short.

Vlad's a prick, a complete embarrassment to Heart of Midlothian at times, an unstable egotistical walloper and I can't wait until the day he leaves.

facebook_like_button_big.jpg

J.T.F.Robertson

Sometimes I think, my sense of perspective gets warped by Kickback and I'm sure this applies to many of you too. There are certain guys who pretty much live in this message board environment and thrive on whipping things in to a frenzy because that is how they get their entertainment.

I was discussing the whole Kello/ Zaliukas situation in the pub last night with a few of my Hearts supporting mates, the general consensus is that yes whilst it is obviously far from ideal that they may have been dropped due to interference, it is also true to say that they would never have been at Hearts in the first place but for the man doing the alleged interfering. So it's a bit of a catch 22 situation. The quality of player VR has faciliated at Hearts, due to the budget he inexplicably continues to provide, is still far in excess of our direct rivals of similar stature, Hibs and Aberdeen. Hibs and Aberdeen who of course have both finished in the bottom 6 this season, have flirted with relegation and are regularly playing in front of 4 figure crowds. Even accounting for the 'unavailable' players, but for injury and suspension, we could still have put out a team yesterday which is better than any non-Old Firm team: McDonald, Thomson, Wallace, Bouzid, Webster, Suso, Black, Skacel, Templeton, Elliott and Kyle.

Obviously, if VR's ego has seen fit to interfere again then that is loathsome and would sit uncomfortably with any rationale supporter of our club and I can certainly appreciate that JJ would be unhappy. But I would urge JJ to stick it out if possible, he's probably in his last managerial job at a good level, he's still got better players to work with than most of his competitors and he's still got a playing budget far in excess of most SPL clubs. All of that is pretty much down to Romanov's largesse.

I'm not going to lie to anyone, in an ideal world I would still rather see the club under different ownership as I can't stand the irrationality of some of VR's decisions, but ultimately there is no one obvious out there to take the club forward. If a club with the stature of Rangers who have been on the market for years, can only attract someone with questionable means such as Craig Whyte, who is likely to come in and take HMFC of VR's hands? So in the mean time all we can do really is concentrate on the positives of Romanov's involvement with Hearts and there remain many, in spite of his latest actions.

I will keep it short.

I find myself in agreement with both of these posts. :blink:

I've never had much time for this line of argument, and by what you go on to say later in your post, neither do you. Rich businessman buys toy - community toy in this case - upgrades it and then decides he'll **** up everyone else's game whenever he feels like it without actually destroying the toy completely. It's no way to behave, but that's the way it was until summer 2008. I had high hopes that was all behind us now.

I won't comment about the current speculation except to say that if two of our players have been involved in corruption - and let's hope that's not true - then it is entirely right and proper that they were left out of yesterday's team.

I will keep it short.

While I agree with all of the above, we have no alternative but to live with this mad bassa, I just wish we had an option. It is quite frightening how some of the vlad sheep on here accept a huge/debt and massive wage bill to achieve 1 x Scottish cup win and a short flirting with the big boys in the champions league. ph34r.gif Also mad vlad you couldnae pick a team on the park if your life depended on it.

I will keep it short.

Hard to argue with that. I am fully aware there are no signs of an alternative out there at the moment. That does not make the decisions VR makes any more acceptable.

The look at the players he provides so it is alright argument is complete and utter nonsense. We have had tremendous players throughout our history and will do so when he is long gone.

yvonnejambo

I agree with Martin and at the moment we have to say we have had a great season albeit the downward spiral last part, but as this has been due too injuries and suspensions I have no complaints if we manage to finish 3rd despite all this goings on. I also really hope JJ doesnt leave and continues to stand up to Vlad as up till now its worked and i cant see anyone else with the love of the club and the balls to stand up to Vlad as a new manager.

zdrastvway

At last, and for the benefit of the vast majority of Jambos who don't spend every breathing minute on Kickback squabbling over how much they're in the know, some common sense may be returning.

I will keep it short.

Unless you know someone with access to c.?40m+ smackeroonies/assets to pump into us, I wouldn't waste too much energy, blood pressure, stress on wishing him gone. The only other way he'll go will be via administration/liquidation if that's what you would prefer.

Teuchterjambo

I agree with Martin and at the moment we have to say we have had a great season albeit the downward spiral last part, but as this has been due too injuries and suspensions I have no complaints if we manage to finish 3rd despite all this goings on. I also really hope JJ doesnt leave and continues to stand up to Vlad as up till now its worked and i cant see anyone else with the love of the club and the balls to stand up to Vlad as a new manager.

Ok Yvonne, we will probably finish 3rd and realistically that is the best we can hope for and on the face of it that seems fine but..... there is a recurring theme here that Vlad is in dismantling mode, every time things start to go reasonably well for some reason he takes it all to bits and we have to start again. There never seems to be the opportunity to accept progress and stability and build from there - there is no logic as to why he does this but we all know it happens.

JJ must be in real turmoil right now, does he accept all this and hope that he can keep some stability and move on and I guess that will depend on what guarantees he gets from Vlad as to availability of funds for next season (if he ever gets as far as that discussion). Deep down we all know that he must be wanting to tell Vlad to stick his job where the sun don't shine but we are very lucky in that he is one of us and he will be thinking about the club more than himself and what would happen if he does tell Vlad to shove it.

I doubt whether having the balls to stand up to Vlad is a necessity quality for a Hearts Manager, more like wisdom,diplomacy and the guile of a fox.

Don't know about you but the prospect of going up and down the A9 next season against the background of another meltdown scenario is doing my head in - will still do it but I wish it was more enticing than it seems right now. Let's hope we are all maybe jumping the gun a bit and there will be some reasonable explanations and we can build on this season - "flying pigs jus gone over !" :teehee:

Sten Guns

Unless you know someone with access to c.?40m+ smackeroonies/assets to pump into us, I wouldn't waste too much energy, blood pressure, stress on wishing him gone. The only other way he'll go will be via administration/liquidation if that's what you would prefer.

I dont, hence keeping it short.

I'm well aware there is no alternative. But that doesn't stop me disliking him and preferring he wasn't there.

Cut The Crap

I will keep it short.

Well said, Mr Guns. :food-smiley-004:

colinmaroon

Well said, Mr Guns. :food-smiley-004:

There's an old saying, "Be careful what you wish for!"

If all you have is a crappy old lifeboat, you'd have to be mad to wish that the old tub would sink from sight beneath the waves never to be seen again!

Fort Vallance

I'm 100% in agreement.

Spellczech

On a plus point, we do probably have a richer owner than Rangers now...Hearts are a way of life to some on here but to the owner it is a toy.

I, like many on here, wish Vlad would just get it right - If he wants a tactician, get a tactician. If he wants a motivator, get a motivator. If he wants a manager, get a manager (though I don't think he wants this last one)...

JJ is a motivator - he gets the best out of average players and forms a cohesive team. He is not a tactician, and seldom does he manage to change a game using subs or a change of formation. For that reason we're less likely to do well against the OF with JJ but more likely to pick up points against the other also-rans of the SPL...

The trouble Hearts squad has is that it's unbalanced - We have 2 good strikers in 2Ts and KK, but the rest are superfluous and in all honesty, crap. We have far too many midfield workhorses who lack creativity. We have too many wingers. We have pretty decent defenders on the whole but still insist on filling gaps with hard-working midfielders. We have a very good first choice GK but are not now playing him and the replacements are no better than average.

wright1989

Vlad has my support on this one. JJ's not good enough anymore and we need someone with a better footballing brain to compete with the bigger clubs as we've not got the money to beat them with quality.

He's maybe got someone lined up already? :o

But he'd better have a plan in mind before anything rash happens.

Like said earlier, 3rd best team, 3rd in the league. Pumped out the cups early.

JJ average manager - Average preformance this season.

Vlad has and continually puts a lot of money in this club. He looks at games and performances and judges with a clear mind. Not a cup JJ won over ten years ago.

I won't care too much if it happens. This is all I'm saying on the matter.

The People's Chimp

The Internet turns idle speculation into a game of Chinese whispers into mass paranoia . It exaggerates problems into silver foil hated conspiracy levels until the eventual truth comes out which is no where near the Internets height of euphoria and we all calm down after a few slagging matches of i told you so until the next time .

Thats my experience of Internet forums whatever the subject .

First of all, excellent post Martin.

Secondly, as Dr M.P. says, the internet is perfect for whipping up a frenzy, but add to that texts then you have an even bigger problem. Texts in the pub, people are boozy, chinese whispers are only going to get worse. Must have been some interesting chat in the nightclubs last night.

The thing is we can say that's nonscence and your having a laugh at things people{including me}have said that has gone on but we have had that many mental things happen at Tynecastle since vlad came and we are still not 100% sure what goes on, as it's the rollercoaster aspect to it all that does your head in as when we get a little glimpse of something good happening at the club you can be sure if it's not the "VLAD FLU" or money not being paid into accounts on time that the nutter will **** it up again!:verymad:

Chris Benoit

No surprise to see wright1989 jumping in to have a dig at JJ can I ask what do you want?

We're 3rd look likely to finish there and qualify for Europe we didn't do well in the cups but we're unbeaten against Hibs.

That's a decent season for us and one I would have welcomed at the start of the season so what more should we expect?

wright1989

No surprise to see wright1989 jumping in to have a dig at JJ can I ask what do you want?

We're 3rd look likely to finish there and qualify for Europe we didn't do well in the cups but we're unbeaten against Hibs.

That's a decent season for us and one I would have welcomed at the start of the season so what more should we expect?

JJ is not a good manager. Neil Lennon is JJ in a way. Look at his performances in Europe, just like JJ he can beat teams of lower stature but as soon as it comes to the bigger teams he has no chance. That's where TACTICS kick in.

JJ has got as far as he ever will. We should change.

Apologies for whom I used as comparison but it's the best example.

And what do I want? A manager brought in that can pull us closer to the top and give a challenge against the OF.

That's all I'm saying on this.

Chris Benoit

3 maybe 4 times in 40 years we've run the Old Firm close we don't need a new manager we need a ******* miracle

wright1989

3 maybe 4 times in 40 years we've run the Old Firm close we don't need a new manager we need a ******* miracle

Disagree entirely.

JJ is not a good manager. Neil Lennon is JJ in a way. Look at his performances in Europe, just like JJ he can beat teams of lower stature but as soon as it comes to the bigger teams he has no chance. That's where TACTICS kick in.

And what do I want? A manager brought in that can pull us closer to the top and give a challenge against the OF.

Not wanting to get into an debate on this but can you really expect anyone to come in and get us any higher than we are now with what you can spend or are allowed to do at Tynecastle?

Only a Game

I will keep it short.

Seconded. No more need be said.

wright1989

Not wanting to get into an debate on this but can you really expect anyone to come in and get us any higher than we are now with what you can spend or are allowed to do at Tynecastle?

We need one or two CM's but apart from that we have a ******* great group of players full of talent and experience.

Chris Benoit

Disagree entirely.

Care to elaborate or are you just going to do your usual and throw out some sound bites are hope you can jump on the back of someone else arguing your case for you

We need one or two CM's but apart from that we have a ******* great group of players full of talent and experience.

Yes the football could be a bit more pleasing to the eye and we have been short in midfield for ages and upfront but even though i know your not a j.j fan he had us flying at the start of the season untill newyear so there must be something good you can see in what he can bring to the table??anything??:(

wright1989

Care to elaborate or are you just going to do your usual and throw out some sound bites are hope you can jump on the back of someone else arguing your case for you

You'll see that I already answered your question. But Vlad will need to get the right man in, and by god I hope he does as we've got a great group of players here. He trusted Jefferies and gave him support. JJ has done shocking since the turn of the year and has certianly not got the best out of our players IMO. Rangers apart as JJ had his hands tied. I wouldn't have expected the result to have been much different though.

Jambos1983

You think a different manager can win us the league on our budget? Seriously?

Only a Game

Yes the football could be a bit more pleasing to the eye and we have been short in midfield for ages and upfront but even though i know your not a j.j fan he had us flying at the start of the season untill newyear so there must be something good you can see in what he can bring to the table??anything??:(

Have to correct this. Jefferries had us "flying" for 11 consecutive match days out of the 36 match days so far. We started the season poorly and we've spent the last 4 months being poor. That 11 game run has achieved 2 things.

1. Its secured 3rd place. I dont think we will lose it now.

2. Its ensured that the fans, for the most part, are still on JJ's side.

If it hadnt been for that 11 game run.

1. We wouldnt be 3rd. We'd be bottom 6.

2. Jefferies would be a dead man walking.

When an 11 game run, bordered on either side by basic pish poorness gets you third you can see

1. How EASY it is to finish 3rd in this league

2.The potential and the opportunity for Hearts to improve is enormous.

wright1989

JJ's great at identifiying players as I've said before. Temps played like a superstar in the first half of the season and Skacel was getting goals. After they went off the boil we imloded.

JJ's great at identifiying players as I've said before. Temps played like a superstar in the first half of the season and Skacel was getting goals. After they went off the boil we imloded.

True but that's because j.j has had no money to bring that other couple of match winners,although rudi is a vlad signing though.

wright1989

You think a different manager can win us the league on our budget? Seriously?

With two CM there would be no reason we can't.

A manager that can help players like Temps mentally through there bad patches and help players like Craig Thompson who can turn into the fullback he can be.

Everyone goes on about how JJ can get the best out of players. :blink: I've not seen it.

shaun.lawson

This is all I'm saying on the matter.

Disagree entirely.

You'll see that I already answered your question. But Vlad will need to get the right man in, and by god I hope he does as we've got a great group of players here. He trusted Jefferies and gave him support. JJ has done shocking since the turn of the year and has certianly not got the best out of our players IMO. Rangers apart as JJ had his hands tied. I wouldn't have expected the result to have been much different though.

With two CM there would be no reason we can't.

A manager that can help players like Temps mentally through there bad patches and help players like Craig Thompson who can turn into the fullback he can be.

Everyone goes on about how JJ can get the best out of players. :blink: I've not seen it.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Drylaw Hearts

Vlad has my support on this one. JJ's not good enough anymore and we need someone with a better footballing brain to compete with the bigger clubs as we've not got the money to beat them with quality.

He's maybe got someone lined up already? :o

But he'd better have a plan in mind before anything rash happens.

Like said earlier, 3rd best team, 3rd in the league. Pumped out the cups early.

JJ average manager - Average preformance this season.

Vlad has and continually puts a lot of money in this club. He looks at games and performances and judges with a clear mind. Not a cup JJ won over ten years ago.

I won't care too much if it happens. This is all I'm saying on the matter.

Disagree entirely.

You don't half slaver some pish.

And thats all I'm saying on this matter.

Chris Benoit

wright1989 yer talking pish, since New Year we haven't had a settled side, our defence has lost the plot and most importantly we had to do without Kyle with no natural replacement. Would a different manager and 2 shiny new midfielders changed any of this? JJ has his limitation yes but you really need a reality check.

OAG I can see the point your making but the fact is we did have the unbeaten run and it did pretty much secure 3rd place so as far as the league is concerned job done. We need to do better in the cups and the football we're seeing could be better but it's not enough to get rid of JJ imo

I don't think I agree really. Being on Kickback might alter how you see things but it doesn't mean that acceptance and justification of the way Vlad behaves is a more reasonable viewpoint. I think that it's a common mistake made in lots of situations that putting a positive spin on things helps but it doesn't. Trying to be positive about situations which are clearly bad just means the bad situation becomes the norm and sometimes begins a bit of a slippery slope where each push of the boundaries becomes normal and acceptable and then the boundary moves to be pushed again.

Look, at the moment there is no alternative to Vlad and yes he has done lots for us that is good but I'm not sure there are many examples out there of a more destructive person to their football team than Vlad is to Hearts with his timing and poor decisions.

The Old Tolbooth

I will keep it short.

Agree totally with this mate, although on the other hand it doesn't bear thinking about where we would be had he not came along, talk about being caught between a rock and a hard place :wacko:

shaun.lawson

Fortunately it's Vlad's opinion that counts and not that of KB :thumbsup:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thunderstruck

wright1989 yer talking pish, since New Year we haven't had a settled side, our defence has lost the plot and most importantly we had to do without Kyle with no natural replacement. Would a different manager and 2 shiny new midfielders changed any of this? JJ has his limitation yes but you really need a reality check.

OAG I can see the point your making but the fact is we did have the unbeaten run and it did pretty much secure 3rd place so as far as the league is concerned job done. We need to do better in the cups and the football we're seeing could be better but it's not enough to get rid of JJ imo

I think we had a very good and settled defence until Webster came back and needed to be included. His subsequent fragility (in fitness) added to the lack of continuity. The disruption would have happened due to suspensions but until later.

Drylaw Hearts

It's rude to ignore someone if they ask you a question is it not? :unsure:

THAT'S ALL I'M SAYING ON THE MATTER

Archived