The fooshal 'we are going to finish 3rd' fred

Victorian

Victorian

i reckon we will be alright and finish 3rd. dundee united wont beat rangers and that will be that.

can anyone see dundee united beating rangers again at ibrox?

i really cant.

frankblack

i reckon we will be alright and finish 3rd. dundee united wont beat rangers and that will be that.

i really cant.

I can. They are playing generally quite well, and we have been shocking since new year and really don't deserve to qualify for Europe.

A lot depends on who referees that game on Tuesday, and how many red cards are dished out to help Rangers.

Its quite sad that we need Rangers to do us a favour as we aren't going to get any more points this season with that lot of players.

Should we qualify, we need a massive clear out and to rebuild the team around Webster as captain.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

i really cant.

3rd is in the bag.

The Merse

We'll most likely still finish 3rd.

The way we've done it isn't going to feel very satisfying though.

Jambof3tornado

Not satisfying but you have to look at the whole season. Injuries have hit us hard and if we finish 3rd then we deserve it whether we have to rely on the huns or not!

davemclaren

We'll most likely still finish 3rd.

The way we've done it isn't going to feel very satisfying though.

Perhaps not, but quickly forgotten.

The Merse

Perhaps not, nut quickly forgotten.

Not really.

Leaves alot of doubts for next season.

Victorian

we've been labouring for weeks but we've actually done quite well before today.

today was our first defeat for two months.

davemclaren

Not really.

Leaves alot of doubts for next season.

Hearts having 2 good seasons in a row is a relative rarity anyway so it doesn't bother me much from that perspective. Hopefully some new players will improve the team. :thumbsup:

No chance they are beating the hun, the title is needed at Ibrox this season and its going there.

bighusref

Hearts were (IMO) never going to win today, Dundee United were (IMO) always going to win today.

Dundee United will be beaten on Tuesday and we will take at least a point on Wednesday.

EYE-EHM-OH.

Templeton'sUnderpants

Third is safe, next season is an entirely different matter playing like we are though.

Horrible couple of results today, which virtually eliminated our GD advantage.

What's weird, though, is that we can't finish level on points unless United win v Rangers and we draw with Celtic, then they beat us on the last day.

So... if we lose to Celtic on Wednesday, it doesn't actually matter how many goals we let in. Bizarre.

For what it's worth, I think we will probably get a hiding v Celtic and lose 2-0 or so v United.

3rd is probably still secure as I can't see United beating Rangers away with the destination of the title still in doubt. But if they do win we're in trouble.

hearts_crazy

I really can't wait until tuesday when I believe it will all be done and dusted before we even kick another ball, even a draw will do us in that game (either game actually).

Gerd Muller

Key players like Kyle, Wallace, Driver, Templeton have been missing for large chunks of the season. More recently, Kello, Bouzid, Zaliukas, Webster been missing which have caused us to play out of position players.

The squad needs to be cut with better core of player coming in. Bye bye to Balogh, Kucharski, Obua, Elliot, Mole, Glen.

Strengthing our Defence is a MUST next season.

Takis4king

Can't see anything other than a rangers win on tuesday thankfully. Shouldn't have come to this but unfortunately it has. Looks to me as though recently the players have been playing with the added pressure of wrapping up europe on their mind. As time has gone on, the situation has worsened due to the form of dundee utd. Hopefully with results going our way on tuesday, we can see a different hearts turn up on wednesday against celtic, a team with no pressure on their shoulders, eager to end the season on a high. Wouldn't like the season to be remembered by how we are stumbling over the line at the moment. There have been some great moments that can hopefully be looked back on with some real pride. Credit should be given to dundee utd for their recent form and making it a worrying situation for us. I for one will be glad when we are guaranteed europe and look forward to enjoying the last couple of games of an otherwise positive season and hopefully end it on a high by beating celtic at a packed tynecastle. Roll on the summer where we can re-build and look to have a good campaign next season

Archived