jamie macdonald and janos balogh

kamac1

I've never rated MacDonald, the first matches I seen him play was on TV feturing Queen of the South when he was on loan and it was during their Scottish cup run. I thought QOS were majorly defensive and very protective of their young goalkeeper. In all the games I have seen Jamie MacDonald play, there has been nothing in his play to suggest he is anything other than Hearts 3rd choice goalkeeper. His contract is up next summer ........let him go and he can find his level in division one.

Janos Balogh, has only featured for half a game this season, I wonder if it is an appearance issue in his contract that has made him disappear from first team action. Balogh seemed a pretty decent goalie when he arrived at tynie and it was always difficult to pick who was the best goalkeeper between him and Kello at that time. Balogh's contrct expires mid January and I feel he has been frozen out possibly due to high wages.

It is very awkward for the fans who are having their patience tried to the absolute limit as the goalkeeping situation and lacklustre defending has taken the shine of a very good season.

Should be an interesting time, once hearts secure 3rd place and players leaving and new signings gradually get announced

Never rated MacDonald

To call him average would be a compliment

Balogh is prone to screwing up but apart from that is a superior keeper in all aspects

Chris Benoit

It has become blindingly obvious the past few weeks that Jamie Mac is nowhere near good enough for us

colinmaroon

He is an average goalkeeper. Good back up, perhaps?

But never 1st team regular!!!

If you think back to the 1-0 game at Tynecastle, we would have lost that game with Macdonald in goal!

Chris Benoit

He is an average goalkeeper. Good back up, perhaps?

But never 1st team regular!!!

Not even a good back up Colin, not a patch on Roddy McKenzie which says it all

And he's messed up for number 4 now :angry:

Chad Sexington

It has become blindingly obvious the past few weeks that Jamie Mac is nowhere near good enough for us

Yup.

Pulls off the odd good save but I never feel confident when he's in goal.

The first goal he conceded today was pathetic.

Captain Sausage

Terrible goalkeeper. Makes a hash of simple stops, lacks even the basic courage (note Hibs second goal) to commit to the challenge and gets his angles all wrong far too often.

Get rid ASAP. I actually think Balogh is quite a good keeper, prone to the odd mistake but to the odd flash of brilliance too. Unfortunately, MacDonald is merely prone to mistakes.

bighusref

I hear that Jamie and Janos have been fixing matches (allegedly) and there is only one alternative.....

146573-EduardasKurskis.png

Manny1874

On the goalkeeping situation, would I be right in saying that since the SFL season ended today then Mark Ridgers will be returning to Hearts? If JJ has no confidence in Balogh then maybe we could bring in Ridgers for perhaps the United game, assuming the issue of 3rd place is settled.

Alan Johnson

Given that throughout the times MacDonald has been given praise from our fans (some even suggested he could be the next Craig Gordon :vrface:) I feel like I deserve the chance to do this

:verysmug:

Disappointed with any goals he lets in obviously, but I'd rather other people got the chance to see how $hite he is now rather than at the start of next season when points mean something to us again.

I've never rated MacDonald, the first matches I seen him play was on TV feturing Queen of the South when he was on loan and it was during their Scottish cup run. I thought QOS were majorly defensive and very protective of their young goalkeeper. In all the games I have seen Jamie MacDonald play, there has been nothing in his play to suggest he is anything other than Hearts 3rd choice goalkeeper. His contract is up next summer ........let him go and he can find his level in division one.

Janos Balogh, has only featured for half a game this season, I wonder if it is an appearance issue in his contract that has made him disappear from first team action. Balogh seemed a pretty decent goalie when he arrived at tynie and it was always difficult to pick who was the best goalkeeper between him and Kello at that time. Balogh's contrct expires mid January and I feel he has been frozen out possibly due to high wages.

It is very awkward for the fans who are having their patience tried to the absolute limit as the goalkeeping situation and lacklustre defending has taken the shine of a very good season.

Should be an interesting time, once hearts secure 3rd place and players leaving and new signings gradually get announced

They are both crap, McDonald is too small and Balogh is a big fairy.

Archived