Brines is a cheat!

DG_HMFC

Can't completely blame the ref. The huns reaction helped him make the decision and I think it was a yellow before it.

Shite and inconsistent aye but he wasn't cheating.

Did you know that iPhone spellcheck auto corrects Brines to bribes!

That's true that is

At least 3 time snakesmith has pushed a Hearts player, is he immune to red cards? Cheat

How that was a straight red is beyond me.

Because unfortunately Brines is a totally incompetent ref,end off,he's sh1te for everyone.

Jambof3tornado

I think the linesman gave it and not Brines. So an offside goal and a red card for us,whens the hun penalty due??

Second goal was offside, brines books mcgowan but not edu for a similar tackle, weir should of been booked for a foul on temps, never a red card , same old story with brines.

colinmaroon

Confidently predicted it on the referee thread!

Brines is as predictable as an emena!

jambogee1974

If it wasn't jonnson it would have someone else, he didn't have time to pull out the challenge when jelly fish stopped dead

ToadKiller Dog

They day Brines refused to rescind Zals red even after video evidence proved the measure of the man nothing he has done since convinces me of anything else to say he is just incompetent is wrong .

Tynecastle Valhalla

it was a terrible challenge, totally unneccesary but dont think it was a red.

the linesman was the one who said it should be a red, albeit brines might have done it anyway.

not confident with eggert in the defence at all. he cant time header jumping

Captain Sausage

Cannot understand how Eggy got a red card when Weir's yellow card challenge was worse. Weir should also have been booked for bringing down Temps early on.

Lafferty should have been booked for his slide on Thomson at the start, then for his kick at CT 10 minutes later. Add to that his various dives and consistent fouling, and he should be off.

Naismith was finally booked for starting stuff at the red card, why was he not sent off for his slide in 90 minutes on Pala?

If you add in booking people for diving in the box, that would add Lafferty (again), Naismith (again), Edu, Jelavic.

Disgusting, disgusting display from the officials. I'm not normally one to blame the referee, and doubt we would have got anything from the game on an even game, but if Rangers had been down to 9 men within the first 25 minutes, despite MacDonald's best efforts, we probably would have taken something from the game.

No doubt Lennon will ensure that his team is treated with the same 'fairness' as this game was, meaning we will get absolutely SFA from that game.

4marsbars

Didn't see the game but 8 fouls, 3 yellows and a red tell an interesting story.

maroonlegions

How Whittaker"s challenge on Black did not merit a red is beyond me; Inconsistent, bias cowards;

His only redeeming act was to book some Rangers players, and that was an improvement! However he always appears to find a Hearts man to dismiss, especially at Ibrox. Anyone got the totals for his red cards?

freddiemac

Cannot understand how Eggy got a red card when Weir's yellow card challenge was worse. Weir should also have been booked for bringing down Temps early on.

Lafferty should have been booked for his slide on Thomson at the start, then for his kick at CT 10 minutes later. Add to that his various dives and consistent fouling, and he should be off.

Naismith was finally booked for starting stuff at the red card, why was he not sent off for his slide in 90 minutes on Pala?

If you add in booking people for diving in the box, that would add Lafferty (again), Naismith (again), Edu, Jelavic.

Disgusting, disgusting display from the officials. I'm not normally one to blame the referee, and doubt we would have got anything from the game on an even game, but if Rangers had been down to 9 men within the first 25 minutes, despite MacDonald's best efforts, we probably would have taken something from the game.

No doubt Lennon will ensure that his team is treated with the same 'fairness' as this game was, meaning we will get absolutely SFA from that game.

freddiemac

i was going to post just about every thing you said word for word .brines has now produced 8 red cards in various hearts games,every one was a man in a maroon strip.bottom line is the media could not give a toss about the fact that lafferty, weir and naismith should all have seen red. lafferty dived in the box, lunged in on thomson then blatantly tripped thomson all in the first 15 minutes amazingly not 1 yellow was shown. weir blatantly took out temps before eventually being booked. naismiths shocking lunge on black was an easy decision for any ref to make ,a second yellow . jonsonn sending off was farcical in line with the 3 huns that should have walked . but the spl never became the most corrupt league in the world without cheats like brines.

Harry Palmer

Brines is a dick.

He's probably a shite copper too.

I think it was a red card. Tackle from behind and scissored him with his right leg so a no brainer. Not a bad challenge but by the book it is a red card.

Brines is corrupt and incompetent.

The G.F.A are watching over it all doing nothing.

He thinks everyone who turned up at Ibrox today were there to watch him.

Always has to be the star of the show.

A proper referee does not get noticed.

But Brines knows that nothing can or will happen to him. :blink:

Diadora Van Basten

I think once Brines was announced as ref for this game they closed the book on a Hearts player being sent off.

Never a sending off.

I thought Brines had a good game today. didn't agree with the Sending off, but maybe he saw something we didn't?

I thought Brines had a good game today. didn't agree with the Sending off, but maybe he saw something we didn't?

Could you explain what that means?

aye ok then :blink:

Victorian

i haven't seen the game but i doubt hearts would have got anything from it anyway.

brines is the very worst sort of referee. totally incompetent. as arrogant as hell. prone to ingratiating himself to old firm teams in order to get by with as little heat coming his way as he can.

scottish football deserves a referee like brines. the most warped and corrupt league imaginable is always bound to have completely ludicrous referees like him.

Brines is an incompetent @rseh0le :down:

It would be interesting to see how many sendings off Brines has been involved in over the years in games we've been involved in - and how many have been controversial. Quite a few I would reckon.

bighusref

The only cheat that we have seen referee in modern times is Dougie McDonald. Ian Brines is merely incompetent.

Like what? Nonsense. The officiating today was truly abysmal.

Victorian

The only cheat that we have seen referee in modern times is Dougie McDonald. Ian Brines is merely incompetent.

there's more to brines than simple incompetency. it all depends on one's interpretation of the word 'cheat' but for me he has consistently shown that he can't be trusted to referee a game fairly. i go back to my belief that he goes out of his way to ingratiate himself to those who matter, or have some clout.

bighusref

there's more to brines than simple incompetency. it all depends on one's interpretation of the word 'cheat' but for me he has consistently shown that he can't be trusted to referee a game fairly. i go back to my belief that he goes out of his way to ingratiate himself to those who matter, or have some clout.

I see what you are saying and would kinda concede your statement re interpretation. For me, a cheat will consciously give bad decisions against us because he has either a strong like for our opposition or a strong dislike for us, ie MacDonald.

What I would add, that qualifies your statement is that I would add "coward" and "arrogant" to his list of traits.

Rossmor38

It's the same old shit all the time on here, a Hearts defeat and it's all the refs fault. :blink:

You want a yellow card for every single foul??? Get a grip FFS. If a yellow was issued for every single foul that was made in a match no match would every finish due to lack of players on the pitch.

Captain Sausage

It's the same old shit all the time on here, a Hearts defeat and it's all the refs fault. :blink:

You want a yellow card for every single foul??? Get a grip FFS. If a yellow was issued for every single foul that was made in a match no match would every finish due to lack of players on the pitch.

I want an even playing field. Obua and McGowan were booked for fouls which Rangers players also committed, the difference being the Hearts players were booked, while the Rangers players got away with it. Are you trying to say that didn't happen?

I rarely complain about referees, but that was horrendous. If the Rangers players get off with it, the Hearts players should too. But over the course of the game, countless decisions went the way of Rangers with regards to cards.

I'm not asking for a yellow for every foul, I'm asking for both sides to be dealt with evenly, not one set of rules for one team, another for the other. Which was the case today, or are you going to argue with the facts too?

colinmaroon

All right Mr Brines, we get your point but, just like your refereeing, it's a load of hogwash!

Nobody was saying "It's all the ref's fault," but you did contribute mightily today to mak sicar and, of course, ensure that we're also further weakened for the Celtic game!

Players sent off by Brines before today. London Hearts

Craig Gordon HMFC Heart of Midlothian 26 "Sent off on 24 minutes when he felled Darrly Duffy, who converted from the resulting penalty kick" 2005-10-02 Sun L SPL A Falkirk 2-2

Takis Fyssas HMFC Heart of Midlothian 77 Adjudged to have deprived Shaun Maloney of a goal-scoring opportunity. No contact at all. Later rescinded. 2006-01-01 Sun L SPL H Celtic 2-3

Paul Hartley HMFC Heart of Midlothian 100 Sent off retrospectively. 2006-01-01 Sun L SPL H Celtic 2-3

Marius Zaliukas HMFC Heart of Midlothian 70 Straight red Violent Conduct 2008-12-27 Sat L SPL A Aberdeen 0-1 (Headbutted by Lee Miller. Brines refused to accept appeal)

Lee Wallace HMFC Heart of Midlothian 94 After the match sent off in the tunnel 2008-12-27 Sat L SPL A Aberdeen 0-1

Eggert Jonsson HMFC Heart of Midlothian 83 Straight red for giving away penalty. 2010-04-18 Sun L SPL A Rangers 0-2

we didn't lose today because of brines.

btw, have a wee look at the foul/card count today, we got a card for every 2 fouls we committed!!!!!!!

Archived