Hearts(U19) - Kilmarnock(U19)

jamboBG

Footballfirst

Team 4 - 4 - 2

Bjornsson

Brown Balatoni McGowan Rapnik

D Thompson Mearns Husband Wallace

Robinson Cowan

Disappointing performance overall. Didn't create many chances. Strong defensively and central midfield, but a bit lighweight out wide and up front.

Kilmarnock goal came on the break from a Hearts corner, when the Killie stiker outpaced Brown and neatly flicked the ball over the keeper.

Thompson had one header cleared off the line and McGowan had a goal chalked off for a bump on the keeper after he failed to handle a Rapnik free kick particularly well.

Killie also hit the post before they scored.

Man of the match by a street was Rapnik. We really should be looking to get him promoted into the 1st team before the end of the season. The guy has good defensive and passing skills, a combination that is rare at Tynecastle these days.

Susie-Jambo-66
Well I guess Ryan won't be involved with the first team then. :laugh:

Unless it was his brother?

It was Ryan that played. Spoke to Branny he came back for international duty yesterday but he is injured :(

Footballfirst
Was Rapnik playing as left back instead of centre half?

I thought he was a centre half.

He played left back today, but he is versitile enough to play central defence or in a defensive midfield position. He also possesses a long throw comparable to Robbie & Jose.

He played left back today, but he is versitile enough to play central defence or in a defensive midfield position. He also possesses a long throw comparable to Robbie & Jose.

Cheers. He'll maybe make the first team next season then, as long as he has the right atitude and works hard he should do fine. I hope so.

jamboinglasgow
Team 4 - 4 - 2

Bjornsson

Brown Balatoni McGowan Rapnik

D Thompson Mearns Husband Wallace

Robinson Cowan

Disappointing performance overall. Didn't create many chances. Strong defensively and central midfield, but a bit lighweight out wide and up front.

Kilmarnock goal came on the break from a Hearts corner, when the Killie stiker outpaced Brown and neatly flicked the ball over the keeper.

Thompson had one header cleared off the line and McGowan had a goal chalked off for a bump on the keeper after he failed to handle a Rapnik free kick particularly well.

Killie also hit the post before they scored.

Man of the match by a street was Rapnik. We really should be looking to get him promoted into the 1st team before the end of the season. The guy has good defensive and passing skills, a combination that is rare at Tynecastle these days.

I was there today, yeah it wasn't a great game but at least the usual suspects looked good (McGowen, Rapnik, Brown, Harry and Robinson) though did not seem like a team though it is understandable when there are so many in the U19s.

love how you say that the goalkeeper did not handle the rapnik free-kick, seems the polite way of saying it hit him square in the head and went twenty foot up in the air. I found it very funny.

Later on in the match, the U11's were playing on the plastic pitch and so I watched both, looked good and pleased they place seven a side on a small pitch with what looked like a smaller ball.

Will be at the game v hibs next week.

Archived