Hearts and the Evening News: Barry Banned-erson?

Rust Cohle

Rust Cohle

Before anyone jumps down my throat about being ITK!!1! there are a couple of guys on kb that will confirm I'm not blowing wind up kb's collective arse, hopefully they'll post on this thread at somepoint.

I have it on very good authority that the club are refusing to talk to the Evening News anymore as they are extremely unhappy with the way Barry Anderson has been reporting stories this season. Apparently his conduct in pursuing stories and when he's been at the club/training ground has been less than exemplary.

Though the paper still get access on Thursdays for press day (along with all other media outlets) the club are refusing to cooperate with them any longer.

Some of you may have noticed that all of Banderson's stories are now with ex-players and management, or seem to be lifted straight off of the club website. This is the reason why.

I think it's a good move by the club, shows they mean business and won't tolerate having the piss taken out of them.

What does everyone else think, do Hearts need the Evening News more than the Evening News needs Hearts? Answers on a postcard...or on here actually, now I think about it...much easier.

Great move if true. The quality of the stories in the hobo news about Hearts have always been rubbish. We should take it a step further and ban the weegie two aswell.

Chris Benoit

We don't need them but by god do they need us!

Not too fussed by all of this I've not bought the rag in 5/6 years

Geoff Kilpatrick

Good stuff if true. Banderson reduced to trawling the web and renting quotes sums this waste of space up.

Be interesting to see if he goes preseason. I don't think the coaching staff can be much bothered with him right enough.

Funnily enough, the most popular journo around Tynie seems to be a certain guy from The Sun. A wee part of management is knowing which journos you can and can't trust and if JJ decides someone's oot the loop, good on'im.

I don't think Hearts give much to the press these days in general anyway. Pretty sure last season or the start of this they said that any news would be through our own website, pussbook etc.

Guest juvehearts

good stuff imo

if you need to know anything then their are ways & means of accessing vital info

juve

Heartbeat

would all seem to fit to the story I was told by someone at training a couple of weeks back when JJ almost had Banderson by the throat "allegedly"

Victorian

I don't know why the club would stop there. For me they would be as well to withdraw cooperation with all the morning gutter rags as well.

davemclaren

I don't know why the club would stop there. For me they would be as well to withdraw cooperation with all the morning gutter rags as well.

In reality it's a symbiotic relationship. :ninja:

Coburg Hearts

Well done Hearts, if true. Long overdue imho,

Victorian

In reality it's a symbiotic relationship. :ninja:

i'm sure the club could cope without whatever it is that we get from this supposed symbiosis.

The Old Tolbooth

Excellent move by the club, now to see who can post the most ridiculous story on here which results in that little ginger welt putting it in that horrible rag :D

jambonian

Ban them all and bring back Planet Hearts newspaper. Save money buying the rags every day.

jamboinglasgow

I am still amazed he is employed by the evening news as the main Hearts reporter.

Coburg Hearts

I am still amazed he is employed by the evening news as the main Hearts reporter.

Hibs get priority and their own dedicated reporter on a long term basis. We get whatever dross is left over.

i'm sure the club could cope without whatever it is that we get from this supposed symbiosis.

Exactly Jimp. Don't usually go in for Celtic-esque paranoia, but the EEN in so Hibs it's unbelievable.

After the last derby where we were on for a cricket score had Zal not had a brain-fart, for days after it was that Hibs had turned the corner, played brilliantly and Liam Miller was at his classy best. They were woeful and but for bad reffing and our centre0-half being mental, would have got what they deserved.

One article (I think from Bathgate, a supposed Jambo) even said that Hibs had come on leaps and bounds since the last derby but even then we only narrowly edged that contest with a late goal. No mention that we pummeled them for 86 minutes previous to that, as we have done in almost every derby in the last 3 years.

Then there's the continual dredging through our finances and sensationalising of non-stories. Never an apology to speak of when they get it wrong either.

What I don't get is that we have the biggest fan-base in Edinburgh and surely they'd sell more papers if they covered us well. Not saying you go Daily Hun, arselickingly sycophantic, but why so blatantly look for the negatives on your target market? Does it feel like "real" journalism? It isn't.

If you want to know what's going on at Hearts, use the website. If it's something not likely to be on the website (the inside goss on something like Kellogate), you just need to learn which journos have a decent "in" with the club. Noone at the EEN does. Or obviously there's the ITK's on here!!!!!!

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

Excellent move by the club, now to see who can post the most ridiculous story on here which results in that little ginger welt putting it in that horrible rag :D

Best idea so far. I'll start.

Chelsea rumoured to be so fed up with Torres lack of goals that they are loaning him out for the first half of next season. A mate of my sister's friend's auntie texted me to say that someone who visited Riccarton told her that JJ and Vlad are said to be at an advanced stage of negotiations for his services. Apparently, he has already visited Riccarton and has been looking at flats in Morningside/Lauder/Livingston/Pilton/Portobello (delete as appropriate). Said to favour Porty, as it's so similar to Barcelona.

Next?

Chelsea rumoured to be so fed up with Torres lack of goals that they are loaning him out for the first half of next season. A mate of my sister's friend's auntie texted me to say that someone who visited Riccarton told her that JJ and Vlad are said to be at an advanced stage of negotiations for his services. Apparently, he has already visited Riccarton and has been looking at flats in Morningside/Lauder/Livingston/Pilton/Portobello (delete as appropriate). Said to favour Porty, as it's so similar to Barcelona.

Next?

Gary O'Connor ISN'T coming to Hearts. Sounds crazy I know, but you never know...

gorgie_rebel

Completely indifferent to EEN/Banderson as I stopped buying it years ago apart from the odd occasion.

But any link on here to articles he's penned are always lame, lazy and speculative with no real content.

Don't know what the reporting on the green side of things are like in the EEN as I said I don't read it but I would imagine it wouldn't really be up to much either.

Shit journo

Shit paper

Gregory House M.D.

The last time they talked to a member of Hearts staff it was a journo with a doublebarelled german name... I thought it was weird at the time but it makes sense now. May i make it clear at this point that i only buy the Hobo news on a Thursday for the jobs section.

Victorian

Exactly Jimp. Don't usually go in for Celtic-esque paranoia, but the EEN in so Hibs it's unbelievable.

After the last derby where we were on for a cricket score had Zal not had a brain-fart, for days after it was that Hibs had turned the corner, played brilliantly and Liam Miller was at his classy best. They were woeful and but for bad reffing and our centre0-half being mental, would have got what they deserved.

One article (I think from Bathgate, a supposed Jambo) even said that Hibs had come on leaps and bounds since the last derby but even then we only narrowly edged that contest with a late goal. No mention that we pummeled them for 86 minutes previous to that, as we have done in almost every derby in the last 3 years.

Then there's the continual dredging through our finances and sensationalising of non-stories. Never an apology to speak of when they get it wrong either.

What I don't get is that we have the biggest fan-base in Edinburgh and surely they'd sell more papers if they covered us well. Not saying you go Daily Hun, arselickingly sycophantic, but why so blatantly look for the negatives on your target market? Does it feel like "real" journalism? It isn't.

If you want to know what's going on at Hearts, use the website. If it's something not likely to be on the website (the inside goss on something like Kellogate), you just need to learn which journos have a decent "in" with the club. Noone at the EEN does. Or obviously there's the ITK's on here!!!!!!

:Agree:

the best place for hearts news - and i mean real news, not tittle tattle - is here. you just have to know who to believe and who not to.

the best place for hearts news - and i mean real news, not tittle tattle - is here. you just have to know who to believe and who not to.

Me?! Please say me!

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

Completely indifferent to EEN/Banderson as I stopped buying it years ago apart from the odd occasion.

But any link on here to articles he's penned are always lame, lazy and speculative with no real content.

Don't know what the reporting on the green side of things are like in the EEN as I said I don't read it but I would imagine it wouldn't really be up to much either.

Shit journo

Shit paper

By way of helping Banderson, I've created an Evening News rumours thread in the Giullit Lounge, to keep all the mad rumours tidily in one place.

This should help.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

Me?! Please say me!

Alright - you.

Im the same as many other Hearts fans that i don`t buy the EEN regularly anymore. But i did last Friday before the Killie game.

And who was on the front of the sport pull out? That kno-bber Towell and the paper was doing its best to glorify a bottom six , nothing game while we continue our hunt for that elusive win to seal 3rd.

The EEN can **** off.

Victorian

Me?! Please say me!

definitely you. i trust this secures an exclusive PM the next time some news happens.

:verysmug:

definitely you. i trust this secures an exclusive PM the next time some news happens.

:verysmug:

Consider it done. Do you just want the score or the scorers too?

winston churchill

Before anyone jumps down my throat about being ITK!!1! there are a couple of guys on kb that will confirm I'm not blowing wind up kb's collective arse, hopefully they'll post on this thread at somepoint.

I have it on very good authority that the club are refusing to talk to the Evening News anymore as they are extremely unhappy with the way Barry Anderson has been reporting stories this season. Apparently his conduct in pursuing stories and when he's been at the club/training ground has been less than exemplary.

Though the paper still get access on Thursdays for press day (along with all other media outlets) the club are refusing to cooperate with them any longer.

Some of you may have noticed that all of Banderson's stories are now with ex-players and management, or seem to be lifted straight off of the club website. This is the reason why.

I think it's a good move by the club, shows they mean business and won't tolerate having the piss taken out of them.

What does everyone else think, do Hearts need the Evening News more than the Evening News needs Hearts? Answers on a postcard...or on here actually, now I think about it...much easier.

He's not been a very nice chap towards the club........... since he got his clock cleaned pre season in germany two years ago.

JamboSean

Next?

Done deal, he's bought a flat off my Dad's mate.

Footballfirst

The issue between the club and the EN has been going on for months if not longer. I tried to get them to cover some promo work for HYDC back in November last year, but I got an email back from their Sports Editor, Ramsay Laing saying "Unfortunately, due to a breakdown in our relationship with the club, we were unable to send a reporter or photographer along to Tynecastle yesterday. This is an ongoing issue which we are making every effort to resolve."

Drylaw Hearts

We should have informed the EEN years ago that we did not want Barry Anderson on club property etc.

Ginger nob.

Heartbeat

surely Banderson is now in a position where he cannot realy keep his job, given that he is designated to report on the main team in the city but said team has now said they dont wish to deal with him and are reportedly refusing access then how can he continue to simply scour message boards and club web sites for stories it simply wouldnt work. ................................................................................................................................. Hold on a minute!!!!!!!!

The Treasurer

Im the same as many other Hearts fans that i don`t buy the EEN regularly anymore. But i did last Friday before the Killie game.

And who was on the front of the sport pull out? That kno-bber Towell and the paper was doing its best to glorify a bottom six , nothing game while we continue our hunt for that elusive win to seal 3rd.

The EEN can **** off.

This is nothing new.

On the Friday before Dens Park I bought the EEN eager to read the build up to probably the biggest Hearts game in my life time.

The back page headline ?

"Tortolano Injury Blow"

Goldstone Wonder

The last time they talked to a member of Hearts staff it was a journo with a doublebarelled german name...

It's either Alex Panzer-Tankdivision, or Alex Schweizter-Thompson, I think. Can't remember which.

Like everyone else I never buy the rag.

Never have done for about 5 years.

Get the Herald, totally balanced paper.

It is why the news is going down the plug hole quicker than the rest.

rudi must stay

well said. The trick is post count, the lower the amount of posts the better. I used to think it was the opposite, but due to most of them being inaccurate that system has changed.

southside1874

Is it even possible that he maybe behind a lot of the rumours................................:whistling:

Is it even possible that he maybe behind a lot of the rumours................................:whistling:

:verymad::woot::lol:

Hector Riva

Next?

I like this ^^^ Made me laugh out loud! :lol:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Banned-erse is a pathetic excuse for a desigbated team reporter. I don't really fancy having a completely deluded sycophant like Hardie assigned to us either right enough but a guy with a bit of affection for the club would be a bit nicer.

Johnston Press love to twist the knife on little more than rumour and speculation surounding Hearts while the Hobos are lauded for doing the square root of incopetence over and over again.

Teuchterjambo

Be interesting to see if he goes preseason. I don't think the coaching staff can be much bothered with him right enough.

Funnily enough, the most popular journo around Tynie seems to be a certain guy from The Sun. A wee part of management is knowing which journos you can and can't trust and if JJ decides someone's oot the loop, good on'im.

I don't think Hearts give much to the press these days in general anyway. Pretty sure last season or the start of this they said that any news would be through our own website, pussbook etc.

They don't give much to the press, FFS they don't even tell the Manager what's going on !

Denny Crane

He's not been a very nice chap towards the club........... since he got his clock cleaned pre season in germany two years ago.

Really? What happened?

Archived