Whyte has completed his takeover

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Special Agent Dale Cooper

According to Talksport anyway its done. Can't wait to seeing his ugly mug on the backpages for the foreseeable future :(

jamboinglasgow

Saying the same on the BBC.

All I say to Rangers fans is be careful what you wish for, how come he has had no scrutiny in the Scottish Press and the only bit of scrutiny I have seen is from the Private Eye that only had bad words to say about him.

Adi Dassler

Could be interesting if HMRC take them to task with a severe financial penalty.

Certainly don't think it's been proved Whyte has bags of cash over and above the money that will go to Lloyds or the reported transfer kitty for next season.

In fact wasn't the other Murray on the board quite vociferous about this in the papers the other day?

thank feck for that, I was getting sick of the constant will he wont he speculation that's been going on for the past 6 months.

Victorian

Could be interesting if HMRC take them to task with a severe financial penalty.

Certainly don't think it's been proved Whyte has bags of cash over and above the money that will go to Lloyds or the reported transfer kitty for next season.

In fact wasn't the other Murray on the board quite vociferous about this in the papers the other day?

if i was a rangers fan i would be wanting clear and categorical facts as to who will be paying any tax liabilities. there's no reason why rangers fans wouldn't want to know this as soon as possible.

All I say to Rangers fans is be careful what you wish for, how come he has had no scrutiny in the Scottish Press and the only bit of scrutiny I have seen is from the Private Eye that only had bad words to say about him.

What were they saying in PE ?

There's a big story about this guy waiting to be told but either the press haven't had a sniff of it or, more likely, they're too scared to print it.

Two champs league places up for grabs next season. If any shit at all is hitting fans round Snake Mountain, we've GOT TO make sure we're in a position to take advantage.

I don't even mean big investment, the squad we've got ain't bad and just needs tinkering. Just no effing about Mr Romanov, please sir.

It ain't often one of them will get less than 80 points. So even if Rangers are getting around 70, got to be seen as a big chance.

Who knows what'll happen though. There's a lot of conjecture spurred by wishful thinking.

Coburg Hearts

Saying the same on the BBC.

Can you imagine the scrutiny and ridicule this guy would have got from the press and the BBC had he been buying Hearts? :down:

Victorian

i told my hun employer today that whyte would be required to make an offer for the remainder of the shareholding, and also that there would have to be a stock exchange announcement of any takeover news. hardly earth shattering revelations of course but he immediately denied both of those things.

that's old firm fans for you. the denial comes out their mouths before the brain has processed what's just been said to them.

I'll sleep better tonight knowing that this long drawn out saga is at an end... I was really worried for a moment...

... really!

Spellczech

Announcement to the stock exchange http://www.londonsto...mentId=10859193

I'm surprised that Whyte plans to keep the stork market listing for at least 12 months. It means that any significant changes at Rangers will still have to be notified to the LSE.

Your firm can borrow money more easily if your firm is listed. No way will this guy be able to satisfy the Bears with 5-6Mill per year - They need a complete rebuild this summer alone. Time for the next Gers mug to rack up a debt?

Serj Tankian

Wonder if BBC scotland will do a hatchet job on him like they done on Vlad

Coburg Hearts

Sportsound tomorrow and the coming weeks is going to be a nightmare as their "experts" grovel to see who can crawl up his (Whyte) arse the furthest. It won't be a pretty sight. :down:

Wonder if BBC scotland will do a hatchet job on him like they done on Vlad

The press haven't got the balls to print the story.

Far too scared of upsetting the Orcs.

jamboinglasgow

STV has just said the Rangers board are still not happy with the takeover despite it going through :thumbsup:

STV has just said the Rangers board are still not happy with the takeover despite it going through :thumbsup:

Which contradicts der Hun's supporters chief on SSN who thought that, as it had taken so long, the board must be sure that he's awright, natnaw big man! :teehee:

They've got a lot of crap hanging around them, and he doesn't seem like he's Steve Jobs rich, so I don't think they're out of the woods at all.

Jambof3tornado

The board are worried about whats going to happen when the hmrc shit hits the fan. How long before the hostile board are punted??

marshallschunkychicken

The board are worried about whats going to happen when the hmrc shit hits the fan. How long before the hostile board are punted??

The board don't seem convinced by this at all. Fair enough, they may just be seeing a bullet come their way.

?Although the IBC has no power to block the transaction, following its enquiries, the IBC and Wavetower have differing views on the future revenue generation and cash requirements of the Club and the IBC is concerned about a lack of clarity on how future cash requirements would be met, particularly any liability arising from the outstanding HMRC case.?

That would scare the crap out of me if I was a Rangers supporter, to be honest.

jamboinglasgow

The board don't seem convinced by this at all. Fair enough, they may just be seeing a bullet come their way.

?Although the IBC has no power to block the transaction, following its enquiries, the IBC and Wavetower have differing views on the future revenue generation and cash requirements of the Club and the IBC is concerned about a lack of clarity on how future cash requirements would be met, particularly any liability arising from the outstanding HMRC case.?

That would scare the crap out of me if I was a Rangers supporter, to be honest.

add in the bit about how the debt has moved from Lloyds to Whyte. So it could be that Rangers debt has not been wiped out, only moved to a person who may give them more time to pay it off but it is still there.

You can read that statement as Pilot washing his hands, they are saying they could not stop it, they warned against it and are voicing concerns before (I presume) leaving their posts as directors of Rangers.

Sterling Archer

From what Ive heard the bill could be higher than expected (around 60mil) and the club is waiting until next year to go into administration should that happen.

I'm most definately not in the know though.

You can read that statement as Pilot washing his hands, they are saying they could not stop it, they warned against it and are voicing concerns before (I presume) leaving their posts as directors of Rangers.

They've gone already laugh.gif

Announcement to the stock exchange http://www.londonsto...mentId=10859193

I'm surprised that Whyte plans to keep the stork market listing for at least 12 months. It means that any significant changes at Rangers will still have to be notified to the LSE.

So he can sell worthless shares to the fans before he asset strips the club?

Considering the board contains people like John Greig (who I think is a very genuine bloke), if I was a knuckle dragging Hun I'd be terrified of what might be coming with Whyte in charge.

Getintaethem

Murray must be laughing. He's just got rid of a company with 20m+ of debt and one thats facing a mammoth tax bill and he still got a pound to put in his piggy-bank. :teehee:

Ben Dover

Murray must be laughing. He's just got rid of a company with 20m+ of debt and one thats facing a mammoth tax bill and he still got a pound to put in his piggy-bank. :teehee:

Report I read said SDM got approx ?6m for his shareholding, that's seemingly what he bought RFC for back in the 80s?

Geoff Kilpatrick

Report I read said SDM got approx ?6m for his shareholding, that's seemingly what he bought RFC for back in the 80s?

Hard to see how ?1 turns into ?6M, unless part of the debt Whyte assumed was owed to Murray.

IronJambo

It seems he got ?1 after taking over two mil out his cut to clear a debt of rangers and making white promise to give the rest to super sally

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

jamboinglasgow

Hard to see how ?1 turns into ?6M, unless part of the debt Whyte assumed was owed to Murray.

What it could be (as I have been told this by someone who has experence of takeovers in football.)

At first it may have been ?6m promised to Murray, but as details get sorted in the deal it keeps coming down, until probably with 24 hours to go Whyte suddenly says that it is ?1 for all shares, it is too late for Murray to stop anything thus he must accept this offer.

Archived