Hearts.TV Live Streaming

Ryan Gosling

plastic_bas

As one of the comments on the facebook page points out this is a load of nonsense.

The reason it will work great for the next two games is that it's being broadcast live on proper UK TV. They always work fine as it's a higher quality broadcast. The problems start when we are pinching streams from Alba who clearly don't provide a good service.

I have no real problems with Hearts.tv though. They are told they can access a stream and play it through their website but have been let down recently. Steampro is exactly the same.

It was a good experiment but I won't be renewing next year.

Clarkserino

After 10 years with a season ticket then moving abroad, I have enjoyed getting to actually watch something like 60 - 70% of games this season online through Hearts International. Especially when I thought that following Hearts from afar would all be dodgy feeds and radio commentary.

The problems have been frustrating but have only really effected 3 or 4 games, so I will still be renewing.

Now if they can just get a decent commentary team for when there is audio only, some of the co-commentating and going off topic has been woeful. I'm all for a bit of banter, but radio commentary by it's very nature should be more insightful and detailed. I say let Ross Pilcher and Craig Fowler do it, and leave out the former and current players if they can't get ones who can actually provide decent analysis and commentary, as well as the banter.

speedbump

As one of the comments on the facebook page points out this is a load of nonsense.

The reason it will work great for the next two games is that it's being broadcast live on proper UK TV. They always work fine as it's a higher quality broadcast. The problems start when we are pinching streams from Alba who clearly don't provide a good service.

I have no real problems with Hearts.tv though. They are told they can access a stream and play it through their website but have been let down recently. Steampro is exactly the same.

It was a good experiment but I won't be renewing next year.

ALBA a proper UK broadcaster as it is part of the BBC.

plastic_bas

ALBA a proper UK broadcaster as it is part of the BBC.

Yeah but they are not broadcasting live only as live for our benefit. Also as a niche channel I doubt the BBC gives them that much funding.

Ryan Gosling

After 10 years with a season ticket then moving abroad, I have enjoyed getting to actually watch something like 60 - 70% of games this season online through Hearts International. Especially when I thought that following Hearts from afar would all be dodgy feeds and radio commentary.

The problems have been frustrating but have only really effected 3 or 4 games, so I will still be renewing.

Now if they can just get a decent commentary team for when there is audio only, some of the co-commentating and going off topic has been woeful. I'm all for a bit of banter, but radio commentary by it's very nature should be more insightful and detailed. I say let Ross Pilcher and Craig Fowler do it, and leave out the former and current players if they can't get ones who can actually provide decent analysis and commentary, as well as the banter.

Don't forget the excellent Phil Turnbull.

Rust Cohle

Don't forget the excellent Phil Turnbull.

That's a thread killer right there!

speedbump

Yeah but they are not broadcasting live only as live for our benefit. Also as a niche channel I doubt the BBC gives them that much funding.

Try all of their costs are paid for by your license fee, is that enough funding for you?

plastic_bas

Try all of their costs are paid for by your license fee, is that enough funding for you?

Sorry I don't really understand the comment. Are you suggesting that the license fee is split equally amongst all of the BBC channels? Would you say that BBC1's coverage of a championship live match has the same level of funding as the SPL re-runs on ALBA? To answer your question no it's not enough and I think more money from the license fee could be spent on Scottish programming across the board (but that's a discussion for another day and perhaps The Shed).

For what it's worth I enjoy watching the re-runs on Alba when I'm in the UK and I think it's a good programme. However the BBC (or the company the BBC hire in to provide the ALBA coverage) clearly struggle to provide a decent stream of the recordings. It's only their feeds I've had issues with this season.

Basil Hayden

While the problems have been frustrating, the service overall has been great.

The ability to plug my PC into my TV and watch or if I have to be out and about to watch on my phone is tremendous.

I'll be signing up next year

bill duff

Have only seen 3 1/2 games this year. Not been very good at all. Any problems this month and i'm done (with Hearts TV that is)

If you've had issues, they've fixed it.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It hasn't worked for about 4 years!

Archived