Novikovas smoking

skene11

Just been to Fountain Park with my mates and I seen Novi smoking outside Nando's with Zal! Didn't see Zal smoking though...

Discuss.

Paulie Walnut

Just been to Fountain Park with my mates and I seen Novi smoking outside Nando's with Zal! Didn't see Zal smoking though...

Discuss.

Eah no thanks. Boring...

Buffalo Bill

He is a private citizen who doesn't ask to have his every move reported.

I'd say he has evey right to smoke.

PsychocAndy

Did he have any food down his back?

Our Baggio used to smoke like a chimney, didn't do him much harm in terms of playing games.

Seymour M Hersh

Discuss.

I believe Johan Cruyff was a heavy smoker throughout his playing career.

Buffalo Bill

Novi will be terrified about getting more abuse shouted from the direction of his neighbour's bay window.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Velicka smokes too feckin Lithuanians are making Scotland the sick-man of Europe. :(

If i ever see that boy walking past my window with an embassy regal in his gub........... he will get the sharp end of my tounge.

Coburg Hearts

Discuss.

Is he over 18 (or is it 16?) Then good luck to him.

Boomstick

Hearts all out at Nondos? Rob Ogleby just tweeted that he 'destroyed' his Nandos.

Good call, Hearts players.

The Gasman

Our Baggio used to smoke like a chimney, didn't do him much harm in terms of playing games.

Same with Stephan Adam.

We should probably tear up his contract for the sake of the children.

Same with Stephan Adam.

Russell Latapy smoked about 40 a day and he always ripped us to bits even when he was close to 40.

Boomstick

Russell Latapy smoked about 40 a day and he always ripped us to bits even when he was close to 40.

Russell Latapy is a *****.

Nookie Bear

Obviously i'm a complete square because I do see something wrong with him smoking.

If he does not know the effect long term smoking will have on his fitness then he is a mug and its pretty depressing that most folk see it as harmless. He is a professional athlete and should behave like one.

I agree. We still seemed not to be able to handle him though.

Snake Plissken

Discuss.

55.jpg

Goodfella

In all honesty good on the lad. I've tried smoking before and occasionally try it on nights out, I'm not gonna lie I look like a bit of a ###### when I do it. I'm just not doing it right, I keep inhaling. Difficult thing to do and look cool doing it.

blakdreem

Obviously i'm a complete square because I do see something wrong with him smoking.

If he does not know the effect long term smoking will have on his fitness then he is a mug and its pretty depressing that most folk see it as harmless. He is a professional athlete and should behave like one.

As a professional athlete he will earn his living based on his ability and his consistency to maintain that ability over the course of his career. How much that living he earns will be diminished by the number of tabs he chooses to smoke is entirely his to decide. For better or for worse.

Smoked for 20 years myself and gave up a decade ago, so a more vehement anti smoker you will find it hard to come by. But come on man - he is a person with decisions to make and live with, give him a break.

Couldn't give less of a **** if he was standin outside smokin a big fat cuban... but WTF is he doin outside Fountain Park... the place is a hole and a mecca for neds.

mattyw_1874

In all honesty good on the lad. I've tried smoking before and occasionally try it on nights out, I'm not gonna lie I look like a bit of a ###### when I do it. I'm just not doing it right, I keep inhaling. Difficult thing to do and look cool doing it.

Ye i would stop. Im 19 (pushing 20 but ill cling to my teens till the last day) and smoking 20 a day. 18 months ago i was smoking when drinking. now im spendin over ?5 a day on fags.

Ye i would stop. Im 19 (pushing 20 but ill cling to my teens till the last day) and smoking 20 a day. 18 months ago i was smoking when drinking. now im spendin over ?5 a day on fags.

Good luck on reaching your 30s if thats the way you are carrying on!!!

Cardiac Rucksack

He is actually a really decent bloke. For a hibs cant. Didnt like paying and displaying though.

Captain Canada

Shouldn't be smoking - he's paid a decent wage to be a professional athlete and if he doesn't take that seriously he would perhaps fit in better at the other team in Edinburgh. :thumbsup:

Vlad-Stupid

Always remember seeing Fulton on McLeod St hanging out his car window with a fag in his gob. Legend

ardenjambo

Mixed views on this. Obviously it's his choice but if you are to believe what you read then it's got its long term repercussions, can't be doing his lungs any good and not really in keeping with the image 'athlete'. Especially seeing as we tend to play him on the wing, where speed and stamina are fairly crucial. It's a bit extreme to suggest that one or two will cause too much harm, but it certainly isn't getting him any fitter.

Always remember seeing Fulton on McLeod St hanging out his car window with a fag in his gob. Legend

Aye,and I was told that Fash the bash was caught with a fag hanging out his arse,each to their own.

Nookie Bear

As a professional athlete he will earn his living based on his ability and his consistency to maintain that ability over the course of his career. How much that living he earns will be diminished by the number of tabs he chooses to smoke is entirely his to decide. For better or for worse.

Smoked for 20 years myself and gave up a decade ago, so a more vehement anti smoker you will find it hard to come by. But come on man - he is a person with decisions to make and live with, give him a break.

Aye, totally his choice but a professional athlete should be in the besy physical condition possible - that's the kind of thing that gives a player 'the edge' over an opponent of equal ability.

Reeks of poor discipline, if you ask me.

PsychocAndy

John,not the legend,Robertson (Nottm Forrest & Scotland) has smoked all his career.

Robert Prosinecki, Michel Platini, Johan Cruyff, Robbie Fowler all smoked.

Carlton Palmer never smoked, although he did suck,at football.

Smoking is a mugs game, I should know, I'm a smoker. Don't try it kids, it's addictive.

Gregory House M.D.

Tell that to Dimitar Berbatov, Wayne Rooney, Ashley Cole, Gerard Pique, Cristiano Ronaldo, Peter Crouch, David Beckham etc.

Nookie Bear

Tell that to Dimitar Berbatov, Wayne Rooney, Ashley Cole, Gerard Pique, Cristiano Ronaldo, Peter Crouch, David Beckham etc.

Yep, I get what you're saying.

Thing is, if Novi has a cigarette every so often then no probs. If he's on a few a day then it is a problem.

I just don't think it's good enough. I know plenty of folk who take part in running/cycling races etc just for the hell of it and they all seem to understand why you don't do it AND they have the discipline not to do it, so i can't understand why the coaches at Tynecastle (or anywhere) tolerate it.

Punks No Deid

Mens Men like Sir Drew Busby, Rab Prentice, Johnny Robertson, Gary Mackay etc.. liked a wee pint c'mon be real (I know the point was about smoking) but we're all human n have/need our vices eh? :rolleyes:

Nookie Bear

John,not the legend,Robertson (Nottm Forrest & Scotland) has smoked all his career.

Robert Prosinecki, Michel Platini, Johan Cruyff, Robbie Fowler all smoked.

Carlton Palmer never smoked, although he did suck,at football.

Smoking is a mugs game, I should know, I'm a smoker. Don't try it kids, it's addictive.

Perhaps all the guys above who smoked had supreme ability and footballing brains which made up it. What happened to Fowler's fitness when he hit 30, by the way?

Carlton Palmer knew he had limited ability but also knew he had to be in top physical condition to stand a chance so he made sure he did all the right things off the pitch.

I think our players are more Carlton Palmer than Johann Cruyff so they should give themselves a chance, no?

Boomstick

Perhaps all the guys above who smoked had supreme ability and footballing brains which made up it. What happened to Fowler's fitness when he hit 30, by the way?

Carlton Palmer knew he had limited ability but also knew he had to be in top physical condition to stand a chance so he made sure he did all the right things off the pitch.

I think our players are more Carlton Palmer than Johann Cruyff so they should give themselves a chance, no?

Sometimes I think Arvy is more Johann Cruyff than he is Arvy.

Cruyff in his HMFC days

ArvydasNovikovas_2382917.jpg

Arvy before he knocked Barca back to play for Hearts

cruyffretrat.jpg

Nookie Bear

Sometimes I think Arvy is more Johann Cruyff than he is Arvy.

Cruyff in his HMFC days

ArvydasNovikovas_2382917.jpg

Arvy before he knocked Barca back to play for Hearts

cruyffretrat.jpg

That kinda depends on what you're smoking :whistling:

Archived