Bully Boy Tactics

colinmaroon

colinmaroon

Dundee Utd chairman says he has had been subjected to some bullying from unnamed persons/clubs.

Who?

shaun.lawson

Just gonna take a wild stab in the dark here...

_42499069_john_reid_getty.jpg

Footballfirst

Dundee Utd chairman says he has had been subjected to ome bullying from unnamed persons/clubs.

Who?

der Hun ..... just to make sure that they allow Rangers to rejoin directly into the SPL in they event that they go belly up after the HMRC case unfolds and Rangers 2012 is born.

Was Celtic not mentioned on STV for trying to bully teams into agreeing? Surely those saints at Parkhead would not stoop to bullying smaller teams to get what they want :whistling:

portobellojambo1

Dundee Utd chairman says he has had been subjected to some bullying from unnamed persons/clubs.

Who?

Absolutely no evidence for this but it is purely a guess based on some sort of logic. I would guess that any such pressure would have to be delivered face to face, as there might well be a requirement to keep it under the table, therefore you wouldn't want to do it in writing, and if done by phone there is a chance that the call could be recorded.

Based on that I would think that possibly it was transmitted in conversation, and given that Celtic and Dundee United met on Sunday at Parkhead, and the the chairmen/directors probably had a drink together after the game I'd be more inclined to plump for someone connected at board level with Celtic (although it definitely would be one half of the OF or the other. I think if it had happened after the Dundee United v Rangers match it would have come out before now).

Not that Celtic would deny anything after the fact mind you, it just isn't their way. :rolleyes:

Maybe the Utd chairman is making a mountain out of a molehill.All he had to do was tell them TGTF.

Victorian

i wish ST had done the right thing and named the people making threats and talking about breakaways. what's the point of saying what he did without naming names?

the funny thing is that the prime suspects don't even want to play games against dundee united. they want to play against manchester united and chelsea... but they'll settle for playing against the likes of sporting lisbon and ajax.

B):P:teehee:

Craig Gordons Gloves

and his sidekick

Martin-Bain-Sept-2009-pa_2379983-175x175.jpg

2 right shifty looking *******s.

personally i think it was JOhn Boyle that has been doing the bullying - he seems the type. :)

Craig Gordons Gloves

and his sidekick

Martin-Bain-Sept-2009-pa_2379983-175x175.jpg

2 right shifty looking *******s.

personally i think it was JOhn Boyle that has been doing the bullying - he seems the type. :)

Guest Bilel Mohsni

How can they bully him though?

Unnamed club: Do as we want!

Thompson: Whistle for it!

Unnamed club: ?

What could they use as leverage?

Seymour M Hersh

Just gonna take a wild stab in the dark here...

_42499069_john_reid_getty.jpg

Don't give the doctor (loosely used) any ideas.

Drylaw Hearts

An all-new breakaway 'SPL' minus the clubs not willing to along with the 10 teamers .

Francis Albert

It's easy enough to think of things (eg we'll tap up and unsettle your best players and then offer you a third of their value) but most things you can think of are just part of the OF modus operandi already.

I can't really see enough clubs wanting a 10 team league badly enough to mount a credible breakaway, but so pathetic are the OF sycophants in some clubs, who knows?

Only a Game

Who?

He'd have got more respect IMO, if he'd come out and named the club responsible instead of leaving it hanging and leaving clubs under suspicion. What he's actually said makes him look like a bit of an arse.

If he's scared to name and shame, then the bullying, in some way, has been successful. Or perhaps grossly exaggerated for his own agenda.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Not a chance in hell that there would ever be a breakaway SPL without Killie, Hearts and UTD. Most folk might not agree with me but it will never happen, not a chance. Feel free to bring this up at a later date as it is a non-starter and would never happen. :)

As for the other things suggested, they already happen anyway.

Thompson can tell them to GFT and their bluff would be called.

colinmaroon

Not a chance in hell that there would ever be a breakaway SPL without Killie, Hearts and UTD. Most folk might not agree with me but it will never happen, not a chance. Feel free to bring this up at a later date as it is a non-starter and would never happen. :)

Stretching the imagination more than a tad -

Wouldn't it be hilarious if it happened and Hearts got accepted into the English League!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drylaw Hearts

I think most folk would agree it's unlikely to happen.

However...... apparently that was threat used to gain support for a 10 team SPL.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Oh I believe that vermin like Bain Lawell or Reid would stoop so low as to threaten... Nay, hint at such a scenario, 100% I do... Don't think it could ever actually happen though.

Say for the sake of argument it happened though, Dundee, Hibs, Ayr UTD... would they join a breakaway set-up minus their rivals or would they rather stay in the set-up that has the European entry, derbies, and minus the OF a better chance of winning the league? I reckon plenty clubs would rather let some third division outfits join the OF inspired new league while they stay in the current set up and have a better chance of success. Net result, no OF and a pretty competitive Scottish League with less clubs, more competition and a no OF. Job's a good un.

Guest Ultraviolet Catastrophe

Is Hearts' official line that we're anti-10 teams? I thought we hadn't said anything, or have I missed something?

Hearts of Vladland

Is Hearts' official line that we're anti-10 teams? I thought we hadn't said anything, or have I missed something?

Did Vlad not say he would accept if they changed the sharing of the prize money which they added into the proposal?

Vlad-Stupid

Yeah, Vlad said that he wanted fair distribution of prize and tv money etc. That was Vlad's way of saying GTF as he knows the corrupt shower of shits will never do it.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I believe we are still keeping our cards close to our chest right enough UC. Fairer TV money distribution was our priority IIRC.

Cannae see Hearts/Vlad being up for joining in a breakaway inspired by the OF at the expense of smaller clubs though. Just my gut feeling, may be wrong though.

Mysterion

Based on that I would think that possibly it was transmitted in conversation, and given that Celtic and Dundee United met on Sunday at Parkhead, and the the chairmen/directors probably had a drink together after the game

Good detective work. Makes a lot of sense - have to be honest I first thought of Hamilton chairman Ronnie MacDonald.

When he's been on the radio he has been very dismissive of those against the proposals. His attitude/tone of voice when referencing others was very disrespectful.

He's also got the most to lose if things don't change to trickle down cash to relegated teams. He needs to push his agenda and make things happen or Hamilton will struggle for years.

The Treasurer

Yeah, Vlad said that he wanted fair distribution of prize and tv money etc. That was Vlad's way of saying GTF as he knows the corrupt shower of shits will never do it.

He also insisted on some form of reserve league be introduced as well as fairer distribution of monies.

In other words our great leader is trying to implement change for the benefit of all non OF clubs despite the fact that none of them have had the balls to back him when trying to stand up to them and the gFA in the past.

Another example of how lucky we are to have such a man at the helm thumbsup.gif

colinmaroon

Interview with Thompson in the Herald, where he says that if the vote was taken just now FOUR would vote against!

Suggests the reason may be that the non-public stance of the 4th party lies in looking for something in exchange for supporting the SPL proposal IF and WHEN they get what they want?

I suspect that is Hearts and their agenda as ably detailed above in this thread.

john brownlee

Stretching the imagination more than a tad -

Wouldn't it be hilarious if it happened and Hearts got accepted into the English League!!!!!!!!!!!!

colin

if that happened Hearts would be laughing all the way to the ukio Bankas

lets do our own thing and stuff the rest we desearve top class football

I have always wanted Hearts to be part of the FA after visiting a museum in Blackburn /Darwin in the 70's and seeing a whole room devoted to a FA cup game between Darwin (later to become Blackburn Rovers)and Hearts, check out London Hearts.Not forgetting all the good times in the Texaco cup. They would love us in the FA unlike the disgust they feel for anything rantic.

Archived