First time at Ibrox

jambogaz1968

jambogaz1968

The lad n me are going to Ibrox on Saturday morning, the missus is traveling thru to(she's going shopping).

my question is... where's th Best place to park(free) ? and best place to drop the wife for shopping ?

cheers :thumbsup:

mahgrassyshoes

There's no such thing as free parking at an OF game in Glasgow.

"Pound tae watch yer car mistur"

angry_kid_Top_42_World_Military_Strengths_Ranking_By_Global_Fire_Power-s500x333-94901-580.jpg

Safer sending the car with the missus (just!).

The lad n me are going to Ibrox on Saturday morning, the missus is traveling thru to(she's going shopping).

my question is... where's th Best place to park(free) ? and best place to drop the wife for shopping ?

Ibrox isn't very good for parking IMO. If you are going shopping with the missus you are just better leaving it in one of the car parks near the shops and jumping on the subway at Buchana St or St Enochs. You'll be travelling with the hordes i know, but its not that long a subway ride.

The Subway is busy after the game but in my experience the queue for it is quite decieveing as you are never waiting that long for a train back up to the CC.

Park somewhere off Bellahouston Drive, which runs between Paisley Road West and Mosspark Boulevard. 5 minute walk from the ground, I've parked there at least 15 times and never been pestered for cash from the locals. Thing is it will be busy so get there early and be prepared to wait for ages to get out after the game.

Currahee!

There's a car park right outside for away fans. Think its a ?5 to park a car. :unsure:

Why not just go through on the train?

There's a car park right outside for away fans. Think its a ?5 to park a car. :unsure:

That is inflation for you. Did it not use to be ?1?

Currahee!

That is inflation for you. Did it not use to be ?1?

It might have been. I wasn't driving. :thumbsup:

joe.gausden

It is ?7 for a car...........robbing barstewards

Don't park in the away fans car park. Park in the home fans one. Still 7 quid but they let them all out first.

menstrie1874

If you dont mind the walk park at the Quay complex, cinema, bowling etc. about a 15 min walk to ibrox. the mrs can get the bus into glasgow centre will be only a couple of minutes on the bus for her. car should be safe and you can pop into the istanbul takeaway for an excellant turkish kebab.

jambogaz1968

If you dont mind the walk park at the Quay complex, cinema, bowling etc. about a 15 min walk to ibrox. the mrs can get the bus into glasgow centre will be only a couple of minutes on the bus for her. car should be safe and you can pop into the istanbul takeaway for an excellant turkish kebab.

Very interesting :thumbsup:

Governor Tarkin

There's no such thing as free parking at an OF game in Glasgow.

"Pound tae watch yer car mistur"

angry_kid_Top_42_World_Military_Strengths_Ranking_By_Global_Fire_Power-s500x333-94901-580.jpg

excellent pic :D

Safer sending the car with the missus (just!).

jambogaz1968

Best place for shopping in glasgow??

Going to drop wife off then to ipox

Best place for shopping in glasgow??

Going to drop wife off then to ipox

Best place for shopping probably the city itself.

If you want free parking and 10 min bus journey to ibrox however.

Try Silverburn ,just 2 mins up the M77 or Braehead shopping centres.

Archived