Little things that annoy you about football

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Players taking corners that place the ball outside the arc (it's there for a **** reason)

Players who thump free kicks as hard as they can and think it might go through the wall (Alan Mcmanus was always good at this, Jorg Albertz clearly had a bit of technique and ability to achieve this!)

'New breed' football fans who talk p!sh about the game, having chosen at random to support Chelsea, Arsenal etc.

Fans who think because some falls over it must be a foul (Ibrox and Parkhead especially)

People getting far to involved in the english game when really they already support a team (You can only really support one properly IMO)

Pre match interviews bore the sh!te out of me, how many ways can you ask and answer the same question.

Craig Burley.

Ticket Pricing in Scotland.

I could go on......

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks smartarses,I know it is two different organisations, UEFA and the FA.

But did Wolves(?) get fined for fielding a weaker team in the cup, or did they get fined for fielding a weaker team in the cup to give them an advantage in the league?

Because that's two very different things. And if they got fined for the latter then I don't see much difference between what Wolves did and what Man U did.

Wolves got fined for playing a weakened team against Man U in the league. They had Burnley (?) that weekend and wanted to rest players for the game they thought they could win.

Totally ridiculous to fine them. If a club owns players they should be able to play them when and where they like. Didn't agree with McCarthy's reasoning though. They have in the past and will again beat Man U.

mahgrassyshoes

Wolves got fined for playing a weakened team against Man U in the league. They had Burnley (?) that weekend and wanted to rest players for the game they thought they could win.

Totally ridiculous to fine them. If a club owns players they should be able to play them when and where they like. Didn't agree with McCarthy's reasoning though. They have in the past and will again beat Man U.

I think his point was the Burnley game was a "six-pointer" (another stupid phrase that annoys me!) and he felt there was more chance of winning that than at old trafford. I thought it was funny that the "weakened" team got beat 3-0 at OT and the "full" team got beat 4-0 at Molineux!

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Players taking corners that place the ball outside the arc (it's there for a **** reason)

Players who thump free kicks as hard as they can and think it might go through the wall (Alan Mcmanus was always good at this, Jorg Albertz clearly had a bit of technique and ability to achieve this!)

'New breed' football fans who talk p!sh about the game, having chosen at random to support Chelsea, Arsenal etc.

Fans who think because some falls over it must be a foul (Ibrox and Parkhead especially)

People getting far to involved in the english game when really they already support a team (You can only really support one properly IMO)

Pre match interviews bore the sh!te out of me, how many ways can you ask and answer the same question.

Craig Burley.

Ticket Pricing in Scotland.

I could go on......

Completely agree about the ones in red. :thumbsup:

I think his point was the Burnley game was a "six-pointer" (another stupid phrase that annoys me!) and he felt there was more chance of winning that than at old trafford. I thought it was funny that the "weakened" team got beat 3-0 at OT and the "full" team got beat 4-0 at Molineux!

I got his theory, just didn't agree with it. I don't like the idea of a manager basically admitting a game is unwinnable. I also kind of don't think it's great to almost split your squad like that. An elite 1st team and a second string.

McCarthy's done a decent job though and pretty much has had a good career in management, so what do I know!

Bert Le Clos

I also agree it was ridiculous to fine them, that was my point.

I think the FA once again set a dangerous precdent by fining them and not fining other clubs. I making the point that had it been Man U in place of Wolves, as they did against Shalke, I doubt they would be fined.

I know it's slightly different as it was a European game, but Man U rested players to give them a better chance against Chelsea, just as Wolves rested players in preparation for the game against Burnley.

cantleyzonehmfc

The Killie cheerleaders. It feels like a criminal offence to be in their presence. :down:

quality post here!

Linesmen checking the nets before the start of the second half just in case they had mysteriously fallen off during the 15 minutes the officials had been in the dressing room.

speedbump

People thinking football began in 1992.

Or 1990.

live football on tv -more quality less quantity please

people who only watch football on tv too! get out to a game.

Third strips in random colours

diddy teams beating Hearts

football strips with about a dozen sponsors (who can see the tiny logo sponsored pair of shorts anyway)

The fact that footballers have to have strips tucked in to their shorts

Pete Seeger

Games being on at any other time from 3pm on a Saturday.

My licence fee contributing to the national,(i.e.British) media's ignoring of the Scottish game over many decades, so that there is no market for it south of Carlisle and, thus, a meagre share of the Sky monies.

The continual omission of the adjective "English" when referring to the F.A., the F.A.Cup, the Premier League, the Championship, the Football League, etc. The definite article is, arrogantly, used, as if to suggest that no other league, etc., is worthy of consideration.

The O.F.

The O.F.'s fans,(especialy those who do not live within miles of Glasgow).

Alan (I used to be a Scotsman) Hansen.

Mark Lawrenceson.

Players who have been injured by an opposition player, being required to leave the field, thus giving the perpetrator's team an advantage.

The fact that football is run from Glasgow for the benefit of Glasgow and it teams.

Tha fact that the National Football Stadium, like many national venues and institutions, is not in our capital city.

The acres of newsprint and hours of broadcasting time devoted to the bigot brothers.

Hartleys_Jam_Tart

OF fans that think there's only two teams in the league

OF fans that don't go

When Hibs fans can't admit that we are by far the bigger and better club , even when we've totally played them off the park . For example , a Hibby said to me after the 5-1 game "lets be honest , both teams were sh!te"

Male fans that don't go but still think they know more about the game / Hearts than me .

Tumilty . And the Hearts fan who hates Tumilty .

HillmanHearts

Hearts managers playing under-strength teams in early cup ties against so-called weaker teams resulting in early fecken cup exits !!!!!

LIKE WE ARE SO FECKEN USED TO CUP SILVER WEAR THAT WE WOULD RATHER CONCENTRATE ON GETTING TO EUROPA FOR A QUICK PRELIM FECKEN HUMPING !!!

People using the term "so-called weaker teams" on forums - Oh Sh*t !

jamboy1982

The people that refer to the Premier League when talking about the English Premiership.

The Premier League is in Scotland. Not the SPL.

We were the PRemier League long before England. They were Division One, then the Premiership.

I refuse to call it the Premier League.

People who pick one of their own players and shout constant abuse at them for ninety minutes.

Diving. Players not getting booked for diving.

The use of the name 'Academy' annoys me.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Managers' programme notes:

"I'd like to give a warm welcome to such and such, his players and staff. They're a team we respect and this will be a tough game. We'll be looking for the three points. Enjoy the game."

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Robbo27_22

Imaginary card brandishing. The culprit should have his fingers broken as punishment. Apart from that, just the Old Firm really.

alwaysthereinspirit

Little penalty kicks

No little penalty kicks

Little fouls on the edge of the box

No little fouls on the edge of the box

Little yellow cards to our players

No little yellow cards to their players

Little fines to our owner

No little fines to their owner

Little touchline bans

No little touchline ban

Little team captain not allowed to get explanation from ref

LITTLE captain explaining rules to ref

Little added time

Little more added time

bighusref

Throw in's in general. To elaborate.

"Foul" throw in's - There seems to be no such rule.

Hearts treating a throw in like a military operation and making sure that it HAS to be the full back taking it even if a quick throw is on.

When the thrower has the ball, desperately looking for a particular player when others are available.

Hearts seeing a throw in as a way to throw it as far up the park as possible, irrespective if that makes it harder for the receiver.

Once the player has received the ball, bouncing it back to the thrower, meaning he generally needs to take a touch before moving it on. This quite often results in us losing the ball.

Oh, and anybody that has ever played for the two Glasgow teams or Hibs; past or present.

Commentators, all of them. These days they don't tell you what's happening on the pitch/who has the ball etc were are just treated to 90mins of their opinion which often makes it sound as though they are watching a different match to the one I'm watching .

Players who put their hand in the air and stop to claim offside when the balls still in play like mrowiec just did,play to the whistle ffs!

People, usually manager and media types, who ought to know the handball rule but don't.

"Handling the ball involves a deliberate act of a player making contact with

the ball with his hand or arm. The referee must take the following into

consideration:

? the movement of the hand towards the ball (not the ball towards the hand)

? the distance between the opponent and the ball (unexpected ball)

? the position of the hand does not necessarily mean that there is an

infringement

? touching the ball with an object held in the hand (clothing, shinguard etc.)

counts as an infringement

? hitting the ball with a thrown object (boot, shinguard etc.) counts as an

infringement

There are circumstances when a caution for unsporting behaviour is required

when a player deliberately handles the ball, e.g. when a player:

? deliberately and blatantly handles the ball to prevent an opponent gaining

possession

? attempts to score a goal by deliberately handling the ball

A player is sent off, however, if he prevents a goal or an obvious goal-scoring

opportunity by deliberately handling the ball. This punishment arises not from

the act of the player deliberately handling the ball but from the unacceptable

and unfair intervention that prevented a goal being scored."

FIFA Laws of the Game 2009/10

hearts_crazy

The way that lanky cheating bawbag Lafferty always seems to score against us

Old firm smugness, Man utd fans outside manchester, always having a relative who lives in manchester, To justify there support for the club. Sky pundits, Barca love in.

Harry Palmer

Not contesting a bounce ball does my nut in.

That.

Feck this pish of kicking it back.....get stuck in there...Stramash!

Archived