Sheer Skill

Punks No Deid

Punks No Deid

Watching the clips of Juanjo n his wee tricks etc.. got me remembering Tam Flogel in the 98 cup final with his wee flick over the hun defender (can't remember which one)- fond memories, anyone else got similar acts of class by a jambo they hold in similar high regard?

The wee flicktrick from Takis that used to be in the opening credits for Sportscene.

I'm still not 100% sure what he did as it was so fast.

Sheiky Baby

Beslija against Dundee Utd (or maybe Aberdeen?)

Long ball up to the right and he controlled it on his noggin to the byline for the cross.

Absolute class!

Eckauskas

The wee flicktrick from Takis that used to be in the opening credits for Sportscene.

This.

Think it was some kind of stepover, with a flick from his trailing leg.

Wee Jose Quitongo. Total circus act and would fall over the ball as much anything but would just occasionally do something which'd leave you blinking!

Suso's torn a few to shreds with tricks. Can't think of any particular one occasion (sure there was one the byline where he dragged it back and heel flicked behind the defender and got it on the other side....against maybe Celtic???)

What about Stevo against Motherwell - if that'd went it instead of hitting two posts, it'd have been some goal.

Away from Hearts, Jay-Jay Okocha was always my fave for this type of stuff

hearts_crazy

Everything Ricardo Fuller ever did

David Templeton v half the hibs team in the first derby of this season (I think it was the first anyway)

Suso's torn a few to shreds with tricks. Can't think of any particular one occasion (sure there was one the byline where he dragged it back and heel flicked behind the defender and got it on the other side....against maybe Celtic???)

He did that vs Dynamo Zagreb at Tynecastle too.

He did that vs Dynamo Zagreb at Tynecastle too.

That's the exact game I'm thinking of mate!

...my poor old drink addled brain!

My dad used to tell me my memory was like something or other.

One of the greatist tricks ever, not just in a maroon jersey. have seen it a hundred times and still not sure how he pulled it off :blink:

TAKIS, SHOW THEM YOUR MEDALS :smoking:

Sad to say so but...

Larry had some sublime skills when he first started with us and would regularly showboat... till he lost interest.

Also, deep breath... Nade! He had some great close control and I remember him keeping the ball away from about half a dozen of the opposition (can't remember who though!) during one game at Tynie with some truly awesome clsoe control and wee stepovers... for a big lad he had great ball control... shame he was never able to produce the goods or goals on a weekly basis!

I agree with earlier poster that Ricardo was pretty much brilliant on the ball as well.

Stevo's back heel trick is one of the best I've seen this season and it would have been a goal of the season contender had it gone in too! Think wee Temps and Novikovas may well have some decent tricks in their locker too... we may see that next season!

But my all time favourite from recent years is Takis (sportscene titles!)... the guy had it all... and was a true gent to boot!

Everything Ricardo Fuller ever did

David Templeton v half the hibs team in the first derby of this season (I think it was the first anyway)

Fuller could have scored an even better derby goal than Temps.

I remember when he picked the ball up on the edge of our box and ran(almost) the length of the park only to slide his shot into the side netting at the end of the run.

Think it was during the 2-1 win there under Levein. Not the Stampy one , one earlier.

Magic Johnston... the way he could flick a ball of his opposite leg and skip past an opponent like he wasn't there !!

peter_hmfc

The legend Ruuudi Skacel did a nice overhead flick in his first spell with us that I've always remembered.

I think it was against Aberdeen. The game was already won, time was running out and he was down at the corner flag near the Main Stand and the Gorgie Stand. One on one with a defender he flicked it over his head, making it look so easy.

I remember the commentator saying "Rudi Skacel now, going through his repetoire of tricks.", if that helps describe what game it was.

jambogirlglasgow

The legend Ruuudi Skacel did a nice overhead flick in his first spell with us that I've always remembered.

I think it was against Aberdeen. The game was already won, time was running out and he was down at the corner flag near the Main Stand and the Gorgie Stand. One on one with a defender he flicked it over his head, making it look so easy.

I remember the commentator saying "Rudi Skacel now, going through his repetoire of tricks.", if that helps describe what game it was.

It was against Rangers and it was Barry F who got bamboozled- one of my best football memories

peter_hmfc

It was against Rangers and it was Barry F who got bamboozled- one of my best football memories

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Rn26RVrdDA

Is this the one you were thinking of? Very nice!

Mines was a different one though. He flicked it up and over his head. I think the ball went out of play but still great to see.

moonraker

Bobby Prentice debut, picked ball up in his own half, beat about six or seven (Maybe Dundee) players had a shot that nearly went in. I remember my brother and I looking at each other in amazement and saying "How the hell did Celtic let him go?" We probably got the answer over the years as the many acts of sheer brilliance were balanced out with just as much mediocrity. On his day though, a fantastic showman.

Also, deep breath... Nade! He had some great close control and I remember him keeping the ball away from about half a dozen of the opposition (can't remember who though!) during one game at Tynie.

It was St Mirren, he had about five of them all being held off. Classic!

Uncle Mulk

Sitting down isn't a skill as such, but for a piece of showboating this is the peaches and cream dream

Vlad-Stupid

Sitting down isn't a skill as such, but for a piece of showboating this is the peaches and cream dream

:smuggy:

Buffalo Bill

Neil McCann turning two Aberdeen players at Tynecastle in 4-1 win from Aug 1997.

Robbo's dummy in the same match.

Punks No Deid

Neil McCann in Coca Cola cup final, his whole performance was different class.. Craig Moore got ripped (raped) n yet was still regarded as a defender in the top drawer bracket.

Ecce Romanov

Neil McCann in Coca Cola cup final, his whole performance was different class.. Craig Moore got ripped (raped) n yet was still regarded as a defender in the top drawer bracket.

At the end of the day, it's a game of 2 halves and the boy had potential, bearing in mind that you will never win anything with youngsters :whistling:

I remember Ricardo Fuller against Motherwell, standing on the line at the Roseburn End with the ball behind him, he flicked it up and over his head and the defenders head, ran round his man as it dropped and volleyed it just wide.

He did it for stoke but it never worked as the defender got there, but he pulled it off v motherwell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XiywSzsBrI

Also as mentioned the Fyssas flick which was on the intro to scotsport or sportscene was brilliant. Anyone got a video of it?

jambonian

Watching the clips of Juanjo n his wee tricks etc.. got me remembering Tam Flogel in the 98 cup final with his wee flick over the hun defender (can't remember which one)- fond memories, anyone else got similar acts of class by a jambo they hold in similar high regard?

One fine piece of skill that sticks in the mind was Jose Quitongo. We were playing Aberdeen at Tynie, he was on the left side shooting towards the Roseburn end, he was screaming for to receive a cross, it was duly given, he'd ran slightly ahead of where he was expecting it but he stopped, waited, backheeled the ball over his head, took a touch, ran towards goal, skinned about 3 of their players and took a volley at goal and it just touched the crossbar as it dipped and over for a goalkick, goal of the season had it dropped in!

Archived