Jason Holt

Ryan Gosling

Footballfirst

Just named SPL U19 Player of the Year.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Whose award was this DJ ? Have you got a reference for it? The reason I ask is that there was a photographer at the last U19 game against Celtic asking what number Jason was wearing. It seemed an odd request at the time but it makes more sense now.

Whose award was this DJ ? Have you got a reference for it? The reason I ask is that there was a photographer at the last U19 game against Celtic asking what number Jason was wearing. It seemed an odd request at the time but it makes more sense now.

Haha makes sense now, did find it strange at the time being asked!

Delighted for him, fully deserves it. As for the guy who said too lightweight - see Xavi, Iniesta or Messi tonight

Hearts of Vladland

Kello got save of the season, it is SPL awards Mixu got manager of the year.

Edit: Ratboy vs Celtic goal of the season.

Cut The Crap

it is SPL awards Mixu got manager of the year.

:what:

Just named SPL U19 Player of the Year.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

well done to the musselburgh teenager,

Van Wilder

Go on boys,

Look forward to seeing more of Jason next season. :)

Excellent stuff. A good week for young Holt by all accounts with this and the Scotland call-up.

Well done Jason. thumbsup.gif

Coburg Hearts

With money like ours Mixu would have had Killie 3rd IMO.

Another not so subtle dig at JJ. and about the third I've noticed today.

You have perseverance, I'll give you that. :unsure:

wright1989

Another not so subtle dig at JJ. and about the third I've noticed today.

You have perseverance, I'll give you that. :unsure:

Not a dig. I think Mixu is a good manager that can bring more out of a team. Look what he brought out of Connor Sammon for instance.

Done well for a young manager with little experience.

Edit: Well done Holt. Hopefully see a bit more of the same next season.

Coburg Hearts

Not a dig. I think Mixu is a good manager that can bring more out of a team. Look what he brought out of Connor Sammon for instance.

I think Mixu has proved he is a good manager, but it's strange how he was such a failure at hibs and their fans couldn't get him out the door quick enough. I think there is an institutionalised cultural nedishness at easter road that is deeply ingrained, and any manager coming in will find it very difficult, nay impossible, to eradicate this. Long may it continue to flourish. :D

wright1989

I think Mixu has proved he is a good manager, but it's strange how he was such a failure at hibs and their fans couldn't get him out the door quick enough. I think there is an institutionalised cultural nedishness at easter road that is deeply ingrained, and any manager coming in will find it very difficult, nay impossible, to eradicate this. Long may it continue to flourish. :D

and to think I used to call him Mixup! :lol:

Just shows how rotten Hibs are. Theres a smell all the way through their club which is pleasing, very very pleasing.

jamboy1982

I see that Rangers got the SPL Family Award at teh same awards ceremony. Is this because they never got any of the other awards?

How can a club who have been found guilty of singing horrible sectarian songs be given an award for being hte best family team!!!

I see that Rangers got the SPL Family Award at teh same awards ceremony. Is this because they never got any of the other awards?

How can a club who have been found guilty of singing horrible sectarian songs be given an award for being hte best family team!!!

Perhaps they only won best family team because they are all inbreds, and thus related to each other...

:tumbleweed:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

To be fair JJ has achieved a lot more than Mixu albeit over a much longer career in management... I will start heeping more praise on Mixu when he has been successfull in terms of trophies, final league placings and European qualification and participation... Right now he is little more than a one season wonder IMO and even then he never made the top 4. Not saying that he will not go on to become a good manager but I do not think he has done too much to suggest that this is a foregone conclusion just yet.

To be fair JJ has achieved a lot more than Mixu albeit over a much longer career in management... I will start heeping more praise on Mixu when he has been successfull in terms of trophies, final league placings and European qualification and participation... Right now he is little more than a one season wonder IMO and even then he never made the top 4. Not saying that he will not go on to become a good manager but I do not think he has done too much to suggest that this is a foregone conclusion just yet.

Exactly. Its sad when some Hearts fans are falling over themselves to lavish praise on a manager who could turn out to be a one season wonder as you say, but in turn compare him with a manager who has managed/manages a bigger club with bigger expectancy(JJ)...which Mixu did before and failed at Hibs. Maybe the Hibs job was too soon to be fair to him, but nevertheless JJ`s first big job was Hearts after Falkirk and he was a success.

He may well go on to be good but we aren`t any closer to really knowing are we? He`s now in international football and it`ll be interesting to see how he gets on.

gorgie rd eh11

He was great at hibs. :ermm:

He done well in his half season at kilmarnock, but let's not get carried away on the killie are brilliant, look at the flair p*sh peddled by chick and his chums.

They were way behind HMFC even when mixu was there.

He was great at hibs. :ermm:

He done well in his half season at kilmarnock, but let's not get carried away on the killie are brilliant, look at the flair p*sh peddled by chick and his chums.

They were way behind HMFC even when mixu was there.

Ah but, Hearts fans only include Hearts results v Killie (or any other opp that beats us) in their judgement of another team. League placings or other results dinnae count. :unsure:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Exactly. Its sad when some Hearts fans are falling over themselves to lavish praise on a manager who could turn out to be a one season wonder as you say, but in turn compare him with a manager who has managed/manages a bigger club with bigger expectancy(JJ)...which Mixu did before and failed at Hibs. Maybe the Hibs job was too soon to be fair to him, but nevertheless JJ`s first big job was Hearts after Falkirk and he was a success.

He may well go on to be good but we aren`t any closer to really knowing are we? He`s now in international football and it`ll be interesting to see how he gets on.

This is my point mate, in no way slating Mixu after a dramatic turnaround of fortunes for Killie but let's no get our panties too wet over him just yet... No proved anything yet, while Jim has and imo will do again if he is allowed to do the job with the right backing at Hearts.

I think Jim will see some more silverwear before he retires, he has a really good Cup Final appearance record for someone who has never managed Rangers or Celtic and how many non-OF managers in Scotland have won a trophy in the last 25 years? It is a small and exclusive club to say the least.

wright1989

Killie didn't beat us. They rolled us over. Once is luck, twice is something else. It's the shape of his team and the way he got his players creating chances for there strikers a player like Elliott would love to be in that team. That's why Sammon done so well. The way they were at tynie shows IMO that Mixu should turn out to be a good manager.

That is what you would call attractive football.

Killie didn't beat us. They rolled us over. Once is luck, twice is something else. It's the shape of his team and the way he got his players creating chances for there strikers a player like Elliott would love to be in that team. That's why Sammon done so well. The way they were at tynie shows IMO that Mixu should turn out to be a good manager.

get a grip and exactly my point earlier. You just can`t see it can you? So, you are basing it on two wins over Hearts to how good Killie are? How many games have they lost this season?

And rolled us over? haha..... Do you say that about your own team when we win? Lavish the same praise?

yes, its goals that count and to win 3-0 and 2-0 are good results but in the context of the 3-0 game they hardly rolled us over in terms of the balance of play. They nabbed the opener right on half time from a free kick and from what i remember we pretty much dominated until their 2nd goal after 80 mins and we had quite a few scenarios in their box we couldn`t capitalise on. They score a fine 3rd but thats what can happen when you push up and chase the game.

get a grip and exactly my point earlier. You just can`t see it can you? So, you are basing it on two wins over Hearts to how good Killie are? How many games have they lost this season?

And rolled us over? haha..... Do you say that about your own team when we win? Lavish the same praise?

yes, its goals that count and to win 3-0 and 2-0 are good results but in the context of the 3-0 game they hardly rolled us over in terms of the balance of play. They nabbed the opener right on half time from a free kick in a nothing game and from what i remember we pretty much dominated until their 2nd goal after 80 mins and we had quite a few scenarios in their box we couldn`t capitalise on. They score a fine 3rd but thats what can happen when you push up and chase the game.

jamboinglasgow

Anyway, back to Jason. On Ryan McGowan's Twitter:

"Big Congratulations go to @JasonHolt10 for Winning the SPL Under 19 Player of the Year...Hearts answer to Iniesta is the wee man!"

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Loving Ryan's outspoken tweets... Hope it doesn't land him in grief in future though, a few players seem to have fallen foul of this media already.

Hope we see a bit of this Holt lad before the end of the season.

jamboinglasgow

Loving Ryan's outspoken tweets... Hope it doesn't land him in grief in future though, a few players seem to have fallen foul of this media already.

Hope we see a bit of this Holt lad before the end of the season.

With his international call up I can only see him playing against United. Provided everything is sorted I can see that match being a bit of a "coming soon to a football pitch near you" from both sides.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Hope so JiG, that would make for a really enjoyable game to watch and I think I'd definitely travel through to see it.

Actually, how good are UTD's young lads? I know that they are waving goodbye to Robertson, Buaben, Gomis, Conway etc so I would imagine they are expecting much from home-made talent for nnext season.

who do people think will be handed a debut at Tannadice if 3rd is sealed by then?

jamboinglasgow

Hope so JiG, that would make for a really enjoyable game to watch and I think I'd definitely travel through to see it.

Actually, how good are UTD's young lads? I know that they are waving goodbye to Robertson, Buaben, Gomis, Conway etc so I would imagine they are expecting much from home-made talent for nnext season.

They do have soon good players, who have been on the fringes of the team. The player who won last seasons under 19 player of the year award was a Dundee United player called Dale Hilson, who was 17 when he won it and has been on loan all season at Forfar, though as they are in the first division play-offs it is unlikely he will be in the game against us.

Archived