East of Scotland Shield

JWL

I've been informed its 7pm KO and a ?5r to get in :thumbsup: popping along after work

I've been informed its 7pm KO and a ?5r to get in :thumbsup: popping along after work

2 pound for children im guessing its pay at the gate

speedbump

What the ****s this? :lol:

The East Of Scotland Shield, the clue is in the title of the thread.

The Old Tolbooth

What the ****s this? :lol:

The 3rd oldest trophy in the history in football apparently :thumbsup:

Hearts Heritage

The five games played in 1878 for the EFA Cup established the Heart of Mid-Lothian and the Hibernians as the 2

major clubs in Edinburgh and the East of Scotland.

The interest in the 5 matches cemented the 'Edinburgh Derby' as the main contest in Edinburgh.

It is the 2nd oldest regularly played Derby in the world behind the Nottingham one.

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/history/1878EFACUP.htm

Hibs now hold the lead 66 to 63 I think.

Footballfirst

do u get a ticket or wat or is it sit anywhere

Sit anywhere. Only the main stand will be open.

Sit anywhere. Only the main stand will be open.

obviously guessing that there will be alot of seats are hibs in the roseburn

amadjambo

0-0 at half time.

Hearts been the better team but Hibs had the better chances.

Don't know the names of the players but our Gk has been v good, and no's 9,10, and 11 are the standouts in the team. Central defence is shocking.

Yeah not much of a game really

1 Hamilton

2 Mullen 4 McKay 5 Campbell 3 McHattie

6 Tobin 10 Holt 8 Thomson

7 Patterson 9 Smith 11 King

amadjambo

FT 2-1 to Hibs. 3 v good goals but not impressed by the quality on show. Far too many players on both teams seem unable to control a football.

Footballfirst

Pretty disappointing performance TBH. Hearts seemed very flat after a promising opening 20 minutes when Billy King was getting past his marker with ease, but the final delivery was lacking. Rather than settle into their normal passing game, they appeared all too ready to hit the ball long for runners down the flanks, again without success. The final ball was poor from Hearts from good positions and they were generally shot-shy throughout. There flashes of skill by King, Paterson and Holt, but no consistency in their performance.

HIbs probably saw less of the ball in the first half, but they weren't shy about hitting the ball from distance, although Jack Hamilton was equal to everything hit towards him.

After the break Hibs looked the hungrier side and it was no surprise when they went in front when a shot from Addison from 25 yards escaped the outstretched right arm of Hamilton and nestled in the corner of the net. Hearts responded briefy, by firstly equalising with a fine strike by Paterson from 16 yards, then Brad McKay forced a good stop from the keeper from a Mullen free kick and Paterson's follow up was blocked.

However Hibs looked the hungrier side and increasingly more confident as the 2nd half progressed. It wasn't really a surprise whhen another solid strke from Calwell in the 81st minute found the botton corner of the net to give Hibs a deserved win.

As a preview for next season, Hearts will look to get Walker and Kane back, but will need to sort out a central defensive partnership and find a physical presence up front.

is that not 7 years in a row they have won it? gotta a ring to it?

Do one you tramp

Yo Yo the Parrot

Pretty disappointing performance TBH. Hearts seemed very flat after a promising opening 20 minutes when Billy King was getting past his marker with ease, but the final delivery was lacking. Rather than settle into their normal passing game, they appeared all too ready to hit the ball long for runners down the flanks, again without success. The final ball was poor from Hearts from good positions and they were generally shot-shy throughout. There flashes of skill by King, Paterson and Holt, but no consistency in their performance.

HIbs probably saw less of the ball in the first half, but they weren't shy about hitting the ball from distance, although Jack Hamilton was equal to everything hit towards him.

After the break Hibs looked the hungrier side and it was no surprise when they went in front when a shot from Addison from 25 yards escaped the outstretched right arm of Hamilton and nestled in the corner of the net. Hearts responded briefy, by firstly equalising with a fine strike by Paterson from 16 yards, then Brad McKay forced a good stop from the keeper from a Mullen free kick and Paterson's follow up was blocked.

However Hibs looked the hungrier side and increasingly more confident as the 2nd half progressed. It wasn't really a surprise whhen another solid strke from Calwell in the 81st minute found the botton corner of the net to give Hibs a deserved win.

As a preview for next season, Hearts will look to get Walker and Kane back, but will need to sort out a central defensive partnership and find a physical presence up front.

Good report as ever FF but do you think the secret is not to give the Hearts boys an orange at half time ? :mellow:

I already done one in the 81st minute?

I will be concerned if we fail to win it for 110 years.....Got a ring to it. :woot:

Nucky Thompson

Getting a semi over an U17 derby... did I say semi :lol:

Boomstick

Hmmm...

Sniff. :mellow:

Aye

Do one you tramp

This

LOL :vrface:

Time to take out the trash mods :whistling:

Agreed

I will be concerned if we fail to win it for 110 years.....Got a ring to it. :woot:

:lol:

Getting a semi over an U17 derby... did I say semi :lol:

:lol:

**** off you hibs *****. :thumbsup:

Eckauskas

Suppose when your derby record is as pitiful as theirs is, you'd cling to any victory you could, no matter how insignificant.

Not this shit again angry.gif

What if we just used a bit of skill and passing ability to unlock the opposing defences? You know, the way football is meant to be played?

The Treasurer

I'm sure this will now be added to your list of "memorable achievements" laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Imagine going on a rival's board to wind people up about the East of Scotland Shield :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jambosr1985

Reasonable report FF

Jason never got going, Dif found it difficult in that 4-5-1 formation that Darren Murray prefers. Hibs had more desire, the game changed for me when Stanton came on and Hibs changed their team around.

Hearts did not seem to have the same avaialable personnel to change.

Brad Mackay looked the part, the two outfield players we paid money for were very poor on night, not impressed with Campbell, goalie did well, although looked a bit slow for first Hibs goal.

Darren Murray no class at end of game storming up tunnel with most of his prodigies not waiting for presentation, its not like Hubs were not better on the night.

Coburg Hearts

Reasonable report FF

Jason never got going, Dif found it difficult in that 4-5-1 formation that Darren Murray prefers. Hibs had more desire, the game changed for me when Stanton came on and Hibs changed their team around.

No wonder hibs pished it :yucky:

Footballfirst

No wonder hibs pished it :yucky:

Stanton is a good player from what I've seen of him and I have no problem admitting it, as I do for players from all teams I see. I was just thinking he was having a good game when he put his next two passes straight out the park for a throw in and a goal kick, but he did recover after that and had a good contest with Jason Holt.

Only seen the first half, thought Hearts were the better footballing team though both teams created chances

I liked Mullen no.2 (i think) and a couple of lads up front looked good for us

Nothing of real note in the Hibs side

Coburg Hearts

Stanton is a good player from what I've seen of him and I have no problem admitting it, as I do for players from all teams I see. I was just thinking he was having a good game when he put his next two passes straight out the park for a throw in and a goal kick, but he did recover after that and had a good contest with Jason Holt.

Sorry, FF, you missed my pathetic attempt at a joke. I was referring to a Stanton from an earlier era. :)

Sorry, FF, you missed my pathetic attempt at a joke. I was referring to a Stanton from an earlier era. :)

Maybe he didn't miss, more ignored ;)

Got to say I was impressed with Stanton, looks neat & tidy.

Mullen did well again, like the look of him every time I see him play

Hibs setup helped them stop Hearts from playing

Footballfirst

Sorry, FF, you missed my pathetic attempt at a joke. I was referring to a Stanton from an earlier era.

I didn't miss it, but I did think that the lad's performance/ability merited comment, even if he is inflicted by sharing a surname with someone from the club's past :)

Hugh Watt

It was a strange game, first half Hearts totally bossed it but created hardly any chances and bizarrely our keeper kept us in it with two outstanding saves from their only two trips into our box. Brad Mackay looked very composed at the back and decent in the box at set pieces also. Holt was hardly in the game but Billy King made some brilliant Messi-esque runs in the first half but just couldn't find anyone to hit the net with his final ball.

2nd half we died out of it and they were basically playing a holding game trying to catch us on the break - which they did with the first goal, the boy went unchallenged, and in loads of space he fired it into the bottom corner of the net - just out of reach of our keeper (not the biggest of blokes). We equalised straight away, then the game died a death again with loads of huffing and puffing but no real action until they scored another long range effort 6 mins from time.

The only way they can claim to have deserved the win was on the balance of scoring chances, but they never at any time controlled the game.

Jambosr1985

FF

So did Darren Murray spit his dummy out, poor show not staying on and not a good example.

Footballfirst

FF

So did Darren Murray spit his dummy out, poor show not staying on and not a good example.

I don't know about DM, but I must have spat my dummy out too because I left immediately after the final whistle (as I've done after evey game this season - youth and senior):yucky:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

FF

farts2.jpg

I feel your pain. :(

Archived