Platini's regulations on Clubs Debts

Mad Dog Frazer

Mad Dog Frazer

have heard wee snippets of info regarding Michelle Platini's plan to stop bigger clubs getting themselves into more debt.

does anyone know more info on this and will it affect Hearts at all??

cheers

Ben Dover

Its all do do with outgoings being a controllable % or your incomings

We're currently fecked as I believe our O/Gs exceed or I/Cs ........not good business :blink:

There will be a lot of clubs in the same boat in England, clubs that have speculated to accumulate .......and

it has failed.

Don't know when it's supposed to be enforced though :sweat:

It's all lovely in theory but I wouldn't like to be the person breaking it to the likes of Chelsea and Man City that they have to cancel their trips abroad.

CavySlaveJambo

Man Utd will be stuffed by their LBO-ness alone.

No it comes in gradually till 2018. But the first years accounts included are next seasons.

This is Liverpool-centric but it does have all the basics

southside1874

I fail to see how this can be implemented. If the owner wants to gift money to the club then it takes away any real credibility as a directive and if the club is run as a business then I'm sure the EU article on fair trading would kick in. The long and short of it is..........If an owner is going in over his head then Platini will do something, not sure what though. I think the recent banking crisis is taking care of the situation itself.

Personally I think he would be better putting his energy into stopping teams with small attendances building large stands when they should be investing in the playing side. This cutting players wages after paying for a stadium to hold almost double the attendance is robbing the fans. :unsure:

Bert Le Clos

No it comes in gradually till 2018. But the first years accounts included are next seasons.

This is Liverpool-centric but it does have all the basics

I read an article on it a few months ago, and although I didn't fully understand it the gist of what i got from it was that Man U wil actually be OK.

Despite having by far the largest total debt of the English clubs, they also have by far the largest income. As the regulations are on income v outcome rather than the amount of debt Man U should be OK due to their massive fan base, marketing potential, attendance figures and the fact that recently at least their spending has been on a level with their sales.

Man City, Chelsea and possibly Real Madrid are likely to suffer through a combination of spending ridiculous amounts of money and not selling (all three) and lower attendances and fan base (Man City and Chelsea).

But given the rumours in France today, I really wish Platini would get things in France in order instead of continually trying to become football's version of Team America.

SectionDJambo

Was it not mentioned at the time Platini first came up with this, that the real reason behind it was to try to stop the English Premiership clubs dominating the Champions League ? UEFA were getting a bit fed up and the final straw was when 3 EPL clubs reached the semi finals.

UEFA have created a monster, with no regard to the finances or ambitions of the smaller European clubs, which encourages the bigger clubs to go after the money in any way they can. Only a select few clubs have the resources to be European Champions now.

The first time a club like Real Madrid, Manchester United, Inter Milan etc. are threatened with non participation, they will drop it, because they need these clubs in it to attract their own sponsorship money.

Diadora Van Basten

I disagree with this proposal if some rich person wants to pay yaya toure 200k a week then that's up to them.

Football is a financial basket case and it's day of reckoning is coming.

At the end of the day the market is the best regulator there is and like the banks clubs that have made the wrong decisions will have to face the consequences of these decisions.

shaun.lawson

I'm afraid not. Like Liverpool and Arsenal, Man Utd will be absolutely fine. It's Chelsea and Man City who'll have a problem; and unhappily, so too may Hearts.

The reason the clubs accepted these new regulations, though, is they will have the effect of locking the biggest clubs in to constant league titles and constant CL football forever, and actually reduce competition even further. Many have hailed these new regulations as a new beginning for football; I'm afraid I don't share their optimism one little bit.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I'm afraid not. Like Liverpool and Arsenal, Man Utd will be absolutely fine. It's Chelsea and Man City who'll have a problem; and unhappily, so too may Hearts.

The reason the clubs accepted these new regulations, though, is they will have the effect of locking the biggest clubs in to constant league titles and constant CL football forever, and actually reduce competition even further. Many have hailed these new regulations as a new beginning for football; I'm afraid I don't share their optimism one little bit.

Agree with this completely Shaun... the clubs that are already at the top of the pile are now safe from anyone else trying to make up ground financially in the short-term and then benefit from the longer-term effects of closing the gap through increased interest and attendances that would result from a few seasons of sustained challenges to the accepted order of things.

This is a ridiculous ruling that will only enforce the unassailable position at the top of the pyramid for the teams already enjoying this vantage point.

There is nothing in this new objective that will lead to increased competition. If Chelsea and Man City had not had this massive investment then they would be struggling still against the Man UTD/Arsenal duopoly down south in modern era English football... It will effectively destroy the SPL which is already a pretty unassailable duopoly by not allowing anyone the chance to eat in to the massive gap already accumulated by the OF. :ermm:

Archived