What other thing Hibernian have in common with Real Madrid?

Hearts Heritage

Hearts Heritage

It?s not just being universally acknowledged and revered for teaching the world to play football that Hibernian FC have in common with Real Madrid. I believe the last time Hibs paraded the Scottish Cup they dropped it and the horses stood on it.

super_vlad

It?s not just being universally acknowledged and revered for teaching the world to play football that Hibernian FC have in common with Real Madrid. I believe the last time Hibs paraded the Scottish Cup they dropped it and the horses stood on it.

Also i'm led to believe that it was only after watching hibs win the scottish cup in such flair in 1902 that prompt a group of fans from madrid to set-up a wee team called Real Madrid !

colinmaroon

I'm sure that Real Madrid were started by Roman soldiers of the VII Galbiana Legion inspired by Hibs winning the Cup!:woot:

Guest Ultraviolet Catastrophe

Real Madrid haven't sold out their allocation in a big semi final either. Returning 3,000 tickets out of a 4500 allocation :eek:

alwaysthereinspirit

Both teams start every game with 11 players. If thats not proof then nothing is.

#ibs and Real Madrid are one in the same.

Both teams start every game with 11 players. If thats not proof then nothing is.

#ibs and Real Madrid are one in the same.

That's pushing it, Surely!? :P

They both Wear White Shorts....That's all I've got :unsure:

H J Simpson

They are the only 2 teams Steven Fletcher & Benji have ever wanted to play for.

jambojase

9 European Cups. The most spanish league titles. I believe overall a better record in head to heads against Barcelona. To mention. No comparison to Hibs is valid.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

The obvious answer is Benji surely? Used Hibs as a stepping stone to get to Real... Is he there just now? Always liked to talk about moving there when he was at Hibs, I assume he banging them in this season in all-white? :D

Coburg Hearts

It's obvious................they both play in white sleeves.:huh:

southside1874

It would appear that real madrids effort to win the Scottish Cup matches that of cowdenbeath and some other team.......

Van Wilder

Both have arguably the some of the best wingers in the world.

Derek Rearend and Cristiano Ronaldo :mellow:

While that may well be true I have discovered that we have never refused to play Hibernian but did refuse a friendly against Real Madrid - in 1926! If I remember correctly this info is found in Mackie's book, "The Hearts." The league games, Edinburgh Assoc games and cup games made it difficult to fit in a friendly against an unknown foreign side. :blink:

Archived