Well Done the Canaries

colinmaroon

Craigieboy

The canaries?

:verysmug:

A gay name for a gay club.

Hope they go straight back down.

A drunken, slobbering, pigeon mouthed slag of a chef as your celebrity director or whatever piss ant shit she does for them? :vrface:

shaun.lawson

The canaries?

:verysmug:

A gay name for a gay club.

Hope they go straight back down.

A drunken, slobbering, pigeon mouthed slag of a chef as your celebrity director or whatever piss ant shit she does for them? :vrface:

Delia is a goddess of the game - even more so since our Chief Executive did the impossible, and got her to shut up. :thumbsup:

And I'm afraid your post reeks of jealousy. Which isn't surprising from a bitter binman. What kind of club has a carthorse on its badge, used to be sponsored by a fertiliser company, and sold its soul to an arms dealer?

Norwich City 4-1 Ipswich Town

Ipswich Town 1-5 Norwich City

Roond ye, Craigie.

We'll meet again,

Don't know where,

Don't know when...

But I know we'll meet again,

Some sunny day... :thumbsup:

Craigieboy

Delia is a goddess of the game - even more so since our Chief Executive did the impossible, and got her to shut up. :thumbsup:

And I'm afraid your post reeks of jealousy. Which isn't surprising from a bitter binman. What kind of club has a carthorse on its badge, used to be sponsored by a fertiliser company, and sold its soul to an arms dealer?

Roond ye, Craigie.

We'll meet again,

Don't know where,

Don't know when...

:rofl:

A canary.

Yellow and green.

A canary.

:facepalm:

Gregory House M.D.

great achievement by them and they could still win the league if it all goes pete tong for QPR at the hearing.

Well done Norwich. Always had a wee soft spot for them since I bought their subbuteo team in John Menzies as a youngster.

0816b.jpg

Well done Norwich. With QPR and Norwich up, it's going to feel like the old First Division again.

If Delia is a goddess, I can only imagine Robert Chase was Zeus. :ermm:

Denny Crane

Don't know why but there's something about that colour............ :whistling:

shaun.lawson

:rofl:

A canary.

Yellow and green.

A canary.

:facepalm:

A Canary, and proud of it. :thumbsup:

ncfc.gif

:yas:

The Merse

That 7-1 defeat to Colchester might be the best thing to ever happen to Norwich.

jambos are go!

My brother in law is a cross between a Jambo and a Canary and a great guy. Glad he will be happy tonight and at the party at the weekend. Hopefully toasting Jambos into Europe as well.

Harry Palmer

Well done to the wee Green and Gold shite...

Manure fans are smiling.

:thumbsup:

Well done to them, & Lambert too. I'd argue he has done better than Warnock considering what he's working with

Can't see anything other than a long hard season & going straight back down tho!

Chad Sexington

Well done Norwich.

Very pleased for Shaun :D

I wont try and find the thread where he was :seething: at the appointment of Lambert though. :rolleyes:

shaun.lawson

That 7-1 defeat to Colchester might be the best thing to ever happen to Norwich.

It was. There's absolutely no doubt about it.

The club bottomed out that day. Then Bryan Gunn was sacked on my birthday - and what's happened since has been beyond belief.

It's happened because, for the first time ever, the club finally got ruthless and stopped being such a pathetic soft touch. It's happened because Delia and her husband had the humility to admit they were out of their depth, and got proper, professional people in to run the club. It's happened because of Chairman Alan Bowkett, and the magnificent, brilliant Chief Executive, David McNally. And it's happened because Paul Lambert has been the best fit any club could ever hope to have.

Will we stay up next season? Almost certainly not - but frankly, given the success of this season with a totally different team to last year, who's to say Lambert won't work more miracles, and sign the right players yet again? Regardless: what's crucial is the club learns the lessons of the past for good - and that when Lambert goes, we can move forwards on a sure footing and make the right decisions. McNally especially inspires confidence that we will.

Lambert's league record, incidentally, is as follows:

P 88 W 52 D 21 L 15 F 167 A 93 Pts 177 Pts/game 2.01

To do that through two different divisions, after 5 years of unremitting crap prior to his appointment, is just phenomenal. He's going to the top; I just hope he sticks around for one more year, and tries for the miracle of fourth from bottom. That, I think, would be the biggest achievement of all. :thumbsup:

shaun.lawson

Well done Norwich.

Very pleased for Shaun :D

I wont try and find the thread where he was :seething: at the appointment of Lambert though. :rolleyes:

I was never, ever seething. I was just a bit unconvinced! The jury was out as far as I was concerned - but what he's done since has been beyond anyone's wildest dreams.

Check this article from The Guardian two years ago. Pay particular attention to paragraphs 3 and 4. It feels like another lifetime.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2009/may/01/norwich-city-championship-relegation-league-one?INTCMP=SRCH

The People's Chimp

Roond ye, Craigie.

We'll meet again,

Don't know where,

Don't know when...

Superb.

colinmaroon

My brother in law is a cross between a Jambo and a Canary and a great guy. Glad he will be happy tonight and at the party at the weekend. Hopefully toasting Jambos into Europe as well.

Likewise my son's godfather!

Exiled Jambo living in Norwich!

He's well pleased!

Yeah well done the Norwich, always liked them, used to very much enjoy visiting there with West Ham back in the day ...

also good that hapless Taffs have messed it up IMHO ...

Sten Guns

Absolutely superb achievement.

Will you stay up, Lawson?

Denny Crane

So Shaun.... about this (ahem) pinkun site you visit....... :lol::thumbsup:

And another Scottish manager in the Premiership!

If Blackburn stay up that will be 7 Scottish managers in the Premier league next season, some achievement. Pity we couldn't produce as many top premier league players!

Sten Guns

If Blackburn stay up that will be 7 Scottish managers in the Premier league next season, some achievement. Pity we couldn't produce as many top premier league players!

And if Billy Davies gets promotion.....

Denny Crane

And if Billy Davies gets promotion.....

Then Billy Davies will be delighted that Bily Davies has won promotion and increased Billy Davies' standing as a manager.

shaun.lawson

Absolutely superb achievement.

Will you stay up, Lawson?

I think it's highly unlikely. No side has been promoted twice on the bounce to the top flight, then stayed up, since 1991. My gut feeling is we'll be 18th or 19th - but you never know, and a lot will depend on who we come up with, and who goes down from the Prem. We ought to be confident of finishing above the play-off winners, would have a decent shot at being above QPR too (of course, they might yet not make it: we'll have to wait for Friday's tribunal ruling)... and after that, Blackpool would be far easier to finish above next year than, say, Wolves.

But even if they survive, I think Blackburn are in a major tailspin, on and off the park. Meaning it could be a case of finishing above them and the two other promoted clubs.

So Shaun.... about this (ahem) pinkun site you visit....... :lol::thumbsup:

:lol:

The Pink 'Un, as you'll probably know, was a long running Saturday evening football paper in Norwich. But its messageboard is the best of an awful bunch where NCFC are concerned.

Denny Crane

I think it's highly unlikely. No side has been promoted twice on the bounce to the top flight, then stayed up, since 1991. My gut feeling is we'll be 18th or 19th - but you never know, and a lot will depend on who we come up with, and who goes down from the Prem. We ought to be confident of finishing above the play-off winners, would have a decent shot at being above QPR too (of course, they might yet not make it: we'll have to wait for Friday's tribunal ruling)... and after that, Blackpool would be far easier to finish above next year than, say, Wolves.

But even if they survive, I think Blackburn are in a major tailspin, on and off the park. Meaning it could be a case of finishing above them and the two other promoted clubs.

:lol:

The Pink 'Un, as you'll probably know, was a long running Saturday evening football paper in Norwich. But its messageboard is the best of an awful bunch where NCFC are concerned.

You mean there's a messageboard out there with a higher number of suicides than ours!!? :eek:

Well done Norwich and Lambert. :)

All they need to do now is get rid of the cook! Send her back to the kitchen where women belong. :D

colinmaroon

Well done Norwich and Lambert. :)

All they need to do now is get rid of the cook! Send her back to the kitchen where women belong. :D

Masoginist and, if you think I'm eating my good lady's cooking, forget it!!!:teehee:

Think Lambert getting Norwich promoted has made him a stick on as the next manager @ Celtic.... when Norwich go back down.

Boomstick

Think Lambert getting Norwich promoted has made him a stick on as the next manager @ Celtic.... when Norwich go back down.

He doesn't want it. Well he's said he doesn't want it. Who can blame him really?

Snake Plissken

*Insert plastic Championship fan banter here*

ritchies75

I see they are going to give Lambert the freedom of Norwich (Not sure if thats a reward or punishment). I was trying to remember who the manager was who was given freedom of a city, but just before he was due to get it left to join another club. He had to turn up for the ceremony just a few days after walking out on the club.

Denny Crane

That was Redknapp at Portsmouth

Archived