Hearts 4 - 0 Motherwell (Alan Johnston Double)

Silvery_Moon

Silvery_Moon

I had a couple of requests for this match in my previous upload so here it is.

Hearts tore Motherwell apart on this Wednesday night fixture and even a missed penalty from Robbo (after he'd originally scored) didn't stop us hammering them 4-0.

Steve Fulton, John Colquhoun and Alan Johnston (a great double) were the goalscorers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIkrCnTBHr0

heartgarfunkel

Thanks for this - takes me back, was there with the old bursd, chronically over-celebrated in The Leith Street Oyster Bar (we'll go in for a couple - they had Staropramen on draught)and was about two hours late for work in the Standard Death the next day. It was a wee bit brilliant back then, made the 96 final very sore, and 98 all the sweeter.

lost in leith

Thanks for this - takes me back, was there with the old bursd, chronically over-celebrated in The Leith Street Oyster Bar (we'll go in for a couple - they had Staropramen on draught)and was about two hours late for work in the Standard Death the next day. It was a wee bit brilliant back then, made the 96 final very sore, and 98 all the sweeter.

Tut, tut. Thank goodness that fine institution has weeded out bad eggs like you, with teetotallers left to run the ship smoothly :whistling:

jambojase

I agree with that. These games were all leading up to his famous hat trick at Ibrox.

Buffalo Bill

This game took place during the big freeze of Jan 1996. Temperatures in Edinburgh at the time dipped as low as -20C.

Cracking game, and goals.

Archived