So who will be following Hearts in Europe then ?

desmondo

Cant wait, always an excellent experience

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Probably...although I'm haemorrhaging holidays so I might have to stay at home.

Yep :thumbsup:

Starting to put a little aside for it now so hopefully we get to go somewhere decent. Zagreb was a great trip even though the game was pants. :lol:

Vlad-Stupid

I made the school boy error of letting the burd book holidays this year so i'll be in Cuba from 26/08 to 11/09 and im abroad for a wedding 04/08 to 08/08.

:vrface:

If these dates coincide with Euro games, i'll be :seething:

moonraker

Yep :thumbsup:

Starting to put a little aside for it now so hopefully we get to go somewhere decent. Zagreb was a great trip even though the game was pants. :lol:

Does depend on location and work comittments,not been away since Rotterdam for Feyenoord game.

Hearts of Vladland

If we enter the second round; 14th and 21st of July.

If we get through the second round or start in the third; 28th of July and 4th of August.

If we make it to the Playoffs; 18th and 25th of August.

Group stages; 15th and 29th of September, 20th of October, 3rd and 30th of November or the first of December, 14/15 of December.

That is all the dates.

portobellojambo1

Yip, look forward to the European trips.

scott herbertson

I'm stuck in London until after the Olympic Cycle Road Race Test event* so have to hope we get through to the third round

* copyright unique excuses ltd

Hartleys_Jam_Tart

Definately will be but wish I knew the exact dates so I could provisionally book holidays ... so worried other folk will take the days off :unsure:

Providing all is well I will experience my first European Away trip. :)

jamboruss

The Penicuik contingent, will, as usual, be in attendance!

Dean Winchester

If it's in mid July it could be a bit iffy for me. If it's the start of August then I'll be there no matter what :thumbsup:

Really hope we start in the third round, I'll be right in the middle of a trip to Holland during the first leg of the second round.

Unless there's any chance of us playing Utrecht or a team very close to them!

Vlad-Stupid

If we get through the second round or start in the third; 28th of July and 4th of August.

Group stages; 15th and 29th of September, 20th of October, 3rd and 30th of November or the first of December, 14/15 of December.

That is all the dates.

Nice one HoV :thumbsup: August is gonna be a mare for me, I'll be in and out of foreign countries non stop including my two holidays. Can't wait to ask the boss for most of the month off :vrface:

portobellojambo1

Nice one HoV :thumbsup: August is gonna be a mare for me, I'll be in and out of foreign countries non stop including my two holidays. Can't wait to ask the boss for most of the month off :vrface:

I was quite pleasantly surprised by my bosses response. I went to him and said I needed to provisionally book the whole of July and August. He said, "Hearts, Europe, by any chance" and I said "yes". He said "no need to provisionally book it, just let me know what days you want off and it will be no problem". Not bad considering that although he is more a rugby man he has a bit of a soft spot for Hibs.

kingdannyb

I live I Austria so any game, anywhere near me, will be my first time following Hearts abroad despite the fact that I've been to about 500 games and seen professional football in 12 countries !

I'll be there! If we are third and Celtic win the double which round do we enter at???

Flankengott

I live I Austria so any game, anywhere near me, will be my first time following Hearts abroad despite the fact that I've been to about 500 games and seen professional football in 12 countries !

Austria Wien, Salzburg oder Ried?

Radioactive Mince

Definately will be but wish I knew the exact dates so I could provisionally book holidays ... so worried other folk will take the days off :unsure:

This this & this :verymad:

Missed Zagreb, regretted it. It's what following HMFC's all about and why I'm dead against us ever joining up with the English leagues.

Eckauskas

This this & this :verymad:

Missed Zagreb, regretted it. It's what following HMFC's all about and why I'm dead against us ever joining up with the English leagues.

Phenomenal trip Jim.

Absolutely first rate!

OT: Definately.

That is all the dates.

Heading back to Blighty end of October for a wedding, so hope to work something around that. If we get an unmissable draw earlier, will do my best to get over the pond for it.

Hartleys_Jam_Tart

That is all the dates.

Feared .

kingdannyb

Austria Wien, Salzburg oder Ried?

or Rapid, or Munich, Bratislava, Prague etc, all of them are within a couple of hours of me.

scottish_chicP

Never been to Europe with Hearts before so definitely hoping to make a trip this year :)

rossthejambo

I'd love to say yes but have a feeling I'll be too skint to make it.....one day though :(

Feared .

You might (in some cases) only need the Weds,Thursday and Friday off - so just book each of the days off for the weeks concerned. You then might only need the Thursday and Friday depending on the draw. Sometimes you have to pay more for the shorter trip - if this makes sense!!!!

There is always the option of going on the panel - but I suspect everyone will know where you are!!!

And there is a pre-season trip to consider.... I hear another friendly down South is possible.....

Coney Island Baby

Definitely intend to go. Just need to persuade some others to come with me.

If we are in the playoffs I should be on my way to my first away trip in europe... Giving T in the Park a miss this year to hopefully follow the famous abroad

portobellojambo1

You might (in some cases) only need the Weds,Thursday and Friday off - so just book each of the days off for the weeks concerned. You then might only need the Thursday and Friday depending on the draw. Sometimes you have to pay more for the shorter trip - if this makes sense!!!!

There is always the option of going on the panel - but I suspect everyone will know where you are!!!

And there is a pre-season trip to consider.... I hear another friendly down South is possible.....

I'm guessing by shorter trips you are talking about length wise rather than distance wise PTBCAL, and if so I'd agree with you. The trips organised by the travel agents the club use are usually shorter, and a little bit more expensive than a DIY job, but they are still good trips. I travelled by this means to Basel, Siroki Brijeg and Athens. Cannot remember the cost of the Basel trip, but I think travel/hotel for the last two averaged out at about ?450 - ?500. The shorter trips organised through HMFC are a good idea as well if you are self employed, and prefer to get there and back as quickly as possible.

It is an option I'll consider this time round if we were to get drawn somewhere out of the way (like Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan) where special visas may be needed, because I imagine the travel co-ordinators will arrange such things as well.

I'm guessing by shorter trips you are talking about length wise rather than distance wise PTBCAL, and if so I'd agree with you. The trips organised by the travel agents the club use are usually shorter, and a little bit more expensive than a DIY job, but they are still good trips. I travelled by this means to Basel, Siroki Brijeg and Athens. Cannot remember the cost of the Basel trip, but I think travel/hotel for the last two averaged out at about ?450 - ?500. The shorter trips organised through HMFC are a good idea as well if you are self employed, and prefer to get there and back as quickly as possible.

It is an option I'll consider this time round if we were to get drawn somewhere out of the way (like Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan) where special visas may be needed, because I imagine the travel co-ordinators will arrange such things as well.

I am taking my son (let him down re Zagreb) so any journey to the types of countries you mention above will probably require 'offical' travel.

Let's hope we have more than 1 trip this time. I enjoyed Zagreb but I wanted more....

Cardiac Rucksack

Ill hopefully be making my first adventure abroad following the JT's.

Archived