Celtic Game

Clerry Jambo

Clerry Jambo

Just noticed that Rangers play Dundee Utd the evening before our game with the Celtic.

Would be nice for all concerned if Europe was sealed before our KO, fans and players could enjoy the evening in a more relaxed fashion.

Mibbe even have a party with the green and white hordes :rolleyes::yucky:

The Treasurer

Just noticed that Rangers play Dundee Utd the evening before our game with the Celtic.

Would be nice for all concerned if Europe was sealed before our KO, fans and players could enjoy the evening in a more relaxed fashion.

Mibbe even have a party with the green and white hordes :rolleyes::yucky:

Hopefully we will be in party mode CJ, but I'd prefer to keep it as a private do rather than invite the green and grey terrorist lovers thumbsup.gif

Clerry Jambo

Hopefully we will be in party mode CJ, but I'd prefer to keep it as a private do rather than invite the green and grey terrorist lovers thumbsup.gif

Correct T, it would be lovely to stick it right up'em :thumbsup:

Correct T, it would be lovely to stick it right up'em :thumbsup:

you gaun to be there cj?

Clerry Jambo

you gaun to be there cj?

You're joking right, boycott still ongoing :P

You're joking right, boycott still ongoing :P

thought ye were working? ye`ve been on here aw morning.. See you office punters... :P

Clerry Jambo

thought ye were working? ye`ve been on here aw morning.. See you office punters... :P

Tea Break :whistling:

I would like to have confirmed third before the Tic game.

I wish to party and have fun.

Then I want to ruin their night completely by beating the shit out of them, and them going home crying and upset!

At which point I can celebrate even harder.

Does that sound ok?

The Old Tolbooth

I think 3rd is confirmed already for me, and has been for weeks now, even if we lose all our remaining games, Dundee United aren't good enough to take advantage.

Lets rob Celtic of the title and party!!! :thumbsup:

The fact the next morning I fly to Dublin for a gig, and one of the guys on the flight is a tic fan, beating them would make the trip all the more enjoyable....

durhamhearts

I think 3rd is confirmed already for me, and has been for weeks now, even if we lose all our remaining games, Dundee United aren't good enough to take advantage.

I'm with you on this one John I'm confident 3rd place and Europe is secure so lets spoil the schums title bid on the 11th. On a side note I wonder who Celtic will appoint as Referee for this game

My concern is, I think there is more chance, at the moment, that Dundee Utd can win all their games than there is of us winning any.

I know we need to lose them all, but I think we will.

I hope if it is confirmed prior to the game then the pressure will be off and then they will go out and play for the fun of it, putting the weegies in their place in the process

Tokyo Drifter

If we end up pipping Utd to third by just two points, it's hardly a matter for celebration given that we were 18 points ahead of them not that long ago.

I mean it is a cause of celebration obviously, coz European glory nights return to Tynie an' all that. But you know what I mean ...

Clerry Jambo

If we end up pipping Utd to third by just two points, it's hardly a matter for celebration given that we were 18 points ahead of them not that long ago.

I mean it is a cause of celebration obviously, coz European glory nights return to Tynie an' all that. But you know what I mean ...

To be fair to Hearts mate, the lead we had was a bit false until Utd had played all their outstanding games. It was to their credit that they won most of them.

ToadKiller Dog

I would like it all to be done and dusted on saturday (well really a good while back ) ,United Struggle against Murderwell ,Murderwell may sneak a point or a win at Tannadump both teams looking to reverse an old firm drubbing .

J Cheever Loophole

Ah like the cut o yur jib JM.Lets,and let the conspiracy tempest commence.thumbsup.gif

fabienleclerq

I hope if it is confirmed prior to the game then the pressure will be off and then they will go out and play for the fun of it, putting the weegies in their place in the process

If the pressure is off i think we could get beat, they'll be proper up 4 this game and if we dont have anything to play for

we could get humped.

Jambof3tornado

If we have secured 3rd I may just bring a copy of the Stirling Observer to sit and read.

jamboruss

The fact the next morning I fly to Dublin for a gig, and one of the guys on the flight is a tic fan, beating them would make the trip all the more enjoyable....

AH, Geddy!

davemclaren

Of course, if UTD beat Rangers then the Celtic game gets really exciting... :ninja:

I've had a few nervous looking Rangers fans come up to me and say "hope yooz dae us a favour against them", and then staring into my soul attempting to divine an answer. I explain that if third is secure we are definitely lying down to Celtic. It's good sport just to see the gruesome, twisted, bemused look that comes over their faces.

Only a Game

I've had a few nervous looking Rangers fans come up to me and say "hope yooz dae us a favour against them", and then staring into my soul attempting to divine an answer. I explain that if third is secure we are definitely lying down to Celtic. It's good sport just to see the gruesome, twisted, bemused look that comes over their faces.

We've got nothing left in the tank. I reckon if third is secure and Celtic are still in the title hunt, there is no way they will slip up against us, in fact they'll probably boost their goal difference against us.

I'm assuming this desire to rob Celtic of the title is more of a hope than an expectation because on current form, we'll get a hiding.

Yes it would be fun, but winning at Ibrox and robbing THEM of the title would be just as much fun IMO. Strangely enough, no one seems to be airing that view, or floating it as a possibility on here though. I'm astonished ( no I'm not actually) that people think we have a chance of beating Celtic but have almost completely overlooked the fact that our next game is at Ibrox. Does anyone, like me, really want us to win there or even take a point that would secure 3rd without help from anyone else. ?

Riddley Walker

We've got nothing left in the tank. I reckon if third is secure and Celtic are still in the title hunt, there is no way they will slip up against us, in fact they'll probably boost their goal difference against us.

I'm assuming this desire to rob Celtic of the title is more of a hope than an expectation because on current form, we'll get a hiding.

Yes it would be fun, but winning at Ibrox and robbing THEM of the title would be just as much fun IMO. Strangely enough, no one seems to be airing that view, or floating it as a possibility on here though. I'm astonished ( no I'm not actually) that people think we have a chance of beating Celtic but have almost completely overlooked the fact that our next game is at Ibrox. Does anyone, like me, really want us to win there or even take a point that would secure 3rd without help from anyone else. ?

I think most folk are just being realistic here. We have not won at Ibrox since 2004 (?) and we have a half-decent record at home to Celtic, especially since we beat them in the last game.

Also, since the Celtic game is 2nd last of the season there's much more of a chance we can actually stop one of them winning the league in our own backyard, which would be absolutely great.

I also think you're being a bit harsh saying we have no chance, we can play very well when we're on form. The crowd will be up for it and we'll be looking to see out Tynie for the season in a good way. We also tend to up our game against the Old firm at home.

alwaysthereinspirit

How many games did they have in hand at that time. Not having a dig but 3 games in hand is a possible 9 points right there.

I also believe we'll pick up points.

Boomstick

Do you think that we are now, or have been over the season, 18 points better than Dundee United?

We'll finish above them, but as far above them as we probably deserve. We both had big runs at different times. Was exciting but that's all.

Only a Game

I think most folk are just being realistic here. We have not won at Ibrox since 2004 (?) and we have a half-decent record at home to Celtic, especially since we beat them in the last game.

Also, since the Celtic game is 2nd last of the season there's much more of a chance we can actually stop one of them winning the league in our own backyard, which would be absolutely great.

I also think you're being a bit harsh saying we have no chance, we can play very well when we're on form. The crowd will be up for it and we'll be looking to see out Tynie for the season in a good way. We also tend to up our game against the Old firm at home.

No question that we have a better chance of beating Celtic at home than we do of beating Rangers away. I was just observing that it appears we'd get far more pleasure out of depriving Celtic of the title than we would depriving Rangers of it on their own patch.

Maybe its because I dont give a toss who wins the title and some people obviously have a preference. Beating one of them will have the happy coincidence that we'll have had a big say in the title race. I dont care which one it is. Ideally both I suppose. Although I dont think we'll take points in either game and could very easily concede heavily in either or both of them.

Eckauskas

Hopefully we'll already have 3rd sewn up, so all we need to focus on is ruining their title chances :thumbsup:

Coburg Hearts

miracles could happen..

not likely, but they could.

Are you seriously suggesting that hibs might win the Scottish Cup one day?:D

Good shout jamboruss! How did you figure that one out :whistling: .?

I think more of us are focussed on the Tic game as more of us will be at it. The opportunity to ruin one of the old squirms nights/days is always good. I think if we were due to play the other lot at home, then a similar thread would be on the go. Personally I hope to win all 3 games left. Unlikely, but hell thats what I would love.

I would love it if we gave our full reserve team a run out on Saturday.. These players deserve their chance and now that 3rd is all but secure it is the best time to play them..

Then next Wednesday we can have our first team play after 10 days rest.. hopefully then all the tiredness should be gone and they can get a result.. at the end of the game the home fans can give them some end of season applause...

That would leave the last game at tannadice for the reserve team to do as best they can to pick up points...

This would give the reserve team 2 games to go out and show everyone what they can do without the fear of being slaughtered for mistakes.. and the first team can have a game to go out on a high at home after a great season where they have managed to finish 3rd..

If anyone wanted to complain about our team selection we can just point to Martin O'Neil's team selection against Kilmarnock on the last day of the season a few years ago that cost Hearts a place in Europe and rendered our win at home to Dundee meaningless

I hope we give it our all at Ibrox. Only interested in a Hearts win and how good would it be to silence ibrox? After that, do the same to the Ticks. lets have a feckin go at both of the c.....

We've got nothing left in the tank.

Much has been made of us only picking up one win in the last nine matches but we've also only had 2 defeats in the last nine

matches our opponents have dropped 15 points between them.

In terms of sewing up 3rd place we've been decidedly inefficient but try looking at it from their point of view and you'll see we still look like potentially dangerous opponents

The Old Tolbooth

I said that the last time we played them at Tynecastle too, Celtic were just off the back of stuffing Aberdeen 9-0 at home, and were full of confidence so to silence them was bliss! I think we could do the same again if the players are up for the fight, if they aren't however then I can see us getting horsed!

I'd also love to see us win at Ibrox too, it would be good to ram it up both of them, but on a day where I've heard quite a few dims gloating about some 25th anniversary, then ideally I'd love to be the team who robbed them at the end of the season.

rossthejambo

A win on Saturday, a win on Wednesday, it's all the same to me really. Obviously I'd rather we won both but realistically, the home game is the one where we've got more chance of a result. Finally confirming 3rd place is more important to me than which side of Glasgow lifts the title at the end of the season.

What I don't want is Celtic winning the title at Tynie. No thank you.

I don`t think Hearts look tired at all("nothing left in tank"). If we had nothing left in tank we`d see far more lethargy in performances and we certainly had a "full tank" when we went 3-0 up v Motherwell. Also, it takes a bit energy to come back to 2-1 against Killie. It`s been mistakes that have cost us recently or poor defending.

Honestly, some people just struggle to show a bit faith and do the usual Hearts fan thing...fear the worst.

Archived