Marching on Together

The Old Tolbooth

The Old Tolbooth

We happened to be in Leeds yesterday as part of our weekend away, and stumbled across a pub which was absolutely crammed full of Leeds United fans. I've never really had much time for Leeds in the past, but their fans were superb yesterday and treated us brilliantly, we had a right laugh with some of them and the songs that were being sung were passionate, but none more so than "Marching on Together"

When they sang this song I had hairs standing up on the back of my neck, it was brilliant! The whole pub stopped as they all stood to a man and belted out their anthem, I wish I'd recorded it now.

Anyway, from having no real feelings towards Leeds, I'll probably have a soft spot for them now after that because as soon as I told some of them we were Hearts fans, their reaction was very good stating fair play for not supporting the Old Firm. :)

Eckauskas

A pub in Leeds instead of Rugby Park?

Internet fans make me sick.

The Old Tolbooth

A pub in Leeds instead of Rugby Park?

Internet fans make me sick.

:lol:

Brilliant!

Gregory House M.D.

We happened to be in Leeds yesterday as part of our weekend away, and stumbled across a pub which was absolutely crammed full of Leeds United fans. I've never really had much time for Leeds in the past, but their fans were superb yesterday and treated us brilliantly, we had a right laugh with some of them and the songs that were being sung were passionate, but none more so than "Marching on Together"

When they sang this song I had hairs standing up on the back of my neck, it was brilliant! The whole pub stopped as they all stood to a man and belted out their anthem, I wish I'd recorded it now.

Anyway, from having no real feelings towards Leeds, I'll probably have a soft spot for them now after that because as soon as I told some of them we were Hearts fans, their reaction was very good stating fair play for not supporting the Old Firm. :)

Did you get treated to their lovely rendition of 'always look on the runway for ice' or 'whos that lying on the runway, whos that dying in the snow'? The only set of fans who outscum the old firm. Vile *******s to a man.

What a gay story

Denny Crane

Did you get treated to their lovely rendition of 'always look on the runway for ice' or 'whos that lying on the runway, whos that dying in the snow'? The only set of fans who outscum the old firm. Vile *******s to a man.

Didn't know you could still buy cans of Kestral Super Strength? :rolleyes:

The Old Tolbooth

:facepalm:

Boomstick

I am delighted HGW is back over-reacting and trolling.

Delighted.

Gregory House M.D.

Didn't know you could still buy cans of Kestral Super Strength? :rolleyes:

i have had a few lagers but don't understand where i was wrong in what i said...

Chris Benoit

I am delighted HGW is back over-reacting and trolling.

Delighted.

He accused me of having an offensive username and called me a nipple end on another thread, he really is going all out for poster of the year :rolleyes:

He accused me of having an offensive username and called me a nipple end on another thread, he really is going all out for poster of the year :rolleyes:

Being honest you have a sick username Chris :ninja:

Boomstick

Wrong, Beats. It's a great name, signature, avatar and member title.

Great stuff.

Wrong, Beats. It's a great name, signature, avatar and member title.

Great stuff.

It's great I agree.

Sorry Chris.

And sorry Boomstick!!!

Chris Benoit

Possibly but I'm not a nipple end, I mean WTF nipple end??? The nipple is the end! now if he'd called me a smart arse prick I'd have said fair play can't fault your evaluation but bloody nipple end?

Possibly but I'm not a nipple end, I mean WTF nipple end??? The nipple is the end! now if he'd called me a smart arse prick I'd have said fair play can't fault your evaluation but bloody nipple end?

Stick him in the crossface see what he says then

Gregory House M.D.

I have been on the sauce in my defence :facepalm:

Denny Crane

i have had a few lagers but don't understand where i was wrong in what i said...

While every club has it's knuckle-draggers, you are either forgetting, or deliberately omitting, that they also have their fair share of decent chaps as well (which your all-encompassing label which you previously applied on this thread did little to highlight).

Here's an example:-

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=i2W27jWxgZQC&pg=PA178&lpg=PA178&dq=marching+all+together+leeds+fanzine&source=bl&ots=5Sb40ACF60&sig=6P-d6VsKA6LZehZ-VpdcsvqrnLA&hl=en&ei=n_69Tc6FCIO28QPT27nIBQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=7&ved=0CEcQ6AEwBg#v=onepage&q&f=false

Gregory House M.D.

While every club has it's knuckle-draggers, you are either forgetting, or deliberately omitting, that they also have their fair share of decent chaps as well (which your all-encompassing label which you previously applied on this thread did little to highlight).

Here's an example:-

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=i2W27jWxgZQC&pg=PA178&lpg=PA178&dq=marching+all+together+leeds+fanzine&source=bl&ots=5Sb40ACF60&sig=6P-d6VsKA6LZehZ-VpdcsvqrnLA&hl=en&ei=n_69Tc6FCIO28QPT27nIBQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=7&ved=0CEcQ6AEwBg#v=onepage&q&f=false

I suppose it was a bit stupid to say it about them all.

Valentine Jambo

Hate Leeds Utd with a passion. :down:

Hope QPR give them a severe doing next week!!

Did you get treated to their lovely rendition of 'always look on the runway for ice'

Genuine Laugh out loud moment, Never heard that before

speedbump

Treated? John was leading the singing.

Had some good days\nights out in Leeds. Football (playing and watching) is always good there.

Archived