Stevenson

scott_jambo

scott_jambo

Two headers in two games.

Have we got ourselves a classic no 9 type striker here?

The White Cockade

his first one was great

yesterdays was an OG Ryan was nowhere near it

his first one was great

Didn't look anything like an og to me!!!!

Have been enjoying his last few performances, he's our form player. Looks full of running, aggression and has been very good on the ball.

The goals have been vital too :thumb:

peebles jambo

his first one was great

i was at the game yesterday, there is no way that was an og, stevos goal without a doubt, watch the highlights

scott_jambo

i was at the game yesterday, there is no way that was an og, stevos goal without a doubt, watch the highlights

To be fair to the guy, from the angle his radio was sitting at, it looked like an own goal.rolleyes.gif

Hearts of Vladland

To be fair to the guy, from the angle his radio was sitting at, it looked like an own goal.rolleyes.gif

I watched Alba last night and thought it was a OG but watching the highlights now it looks like Stevos. :unsure:

scott_jambo

I watched Alba last night and thought it was a OG but watching the highlights now it looks like Stevos. :unsure:

Would you describe Stevenson as being "nowhere near it" though? ermm.gif

davemclaren

Looked on OG but Stevenson pressurised the defender.

Cos stevenson is so unfit he never made it into the box :ermm::whistling:

scott_jambo

Looked on OG but Stevenson pressurised the defender.

Dave it wasn't an OG. :facepalm:

davemclaren

Dave it wasn't an OG. :facepalm:

BBC highlights suggest otherwise imo...facepalm or not.

Harry Palmer

Always rated Stevenson.. :thumbsup:

If I could be arsed I'd go back and dredge up a post saying so as evidence..

scott_jambo

This is not about opinions Dave. turned.gif

In theory Stevie Frail scored our first goal, but the facts are it was Rudi Skacel.

scott_jambo

Whether it was a OG or not.A facepalm is always welcome :thumbsup:

Agreed. :vrface:

I think it coincides with better set-plays from Hearts. I definitely think we have worked hard at them and you can see that in recent games where we`ve scored from them or actually got our men on the end of the balls more often than before.

davemclaren

This is not about opinions Dave. turned.gif

In theory Stevie Frail scored our first goal, but the facts are it was Rudi Skacel.

Football is always about opinions Scott...some more factual than others. :whistling:

scott_jambo

I think it coincides with better set-plays from Hearts. I definitely think we have worked hard at them and you can see that in recent games where we`ve scored from them or actually got our men on the end of the balls more often than before.

Can't wait to see KK get on the end of Thomson's deliveries next season.

jack D and coke

Absolutely 100% Stevenson's goal. No doubt whatsoever.

The White Cockade

aye sorry lads

was a private joke

had this argument with my mate yesterday who was convinced it was an og because teletext said so!

Ryan is looking a good buy now rather than a goodbye

See what I did there!

scott_jambo

Absolutely 100% Stevenson's goal. No doubt whatsoever.

He won't come back and admit he was wrong. Too stubborn for that. thumbsup.gif

bighusref

I actually feel sorry for Stevenson. He has taken a fair bit of flak on here whilst playing out of position. Imagine deciding that a striker was rubbish because he had been asked to play in defence?

I don't think he will ever be more than a good squad player, but think he deserves his contract. As well as his ability, he has really worked hard for a new deal.

I actually feel sorry for Stevenson. He has taken a fair bit of flak on here whilst playing out of position. Imagine deciding that a striker was rubbish because he had been asked to play in defence?

I don't think he will ever be more than a good squad player, but think he deserves his contract. As well as his ability, he has really worked hard for a new deal.

He`s got stronger, fitter.etc.. as the season has went on and certainly in recent games. Earlier in the season he looked as though he was blawin oot his hole after an hour.

What gets overlooked a bit is his technique. I think he is a good player. Strikes a decent ball and has shown some nice touches on many ocassions.

davemclaren

He won't come back and admit he was wrong. Too stubborn for that. thumbsup.gif

Stubborn or not I'd have to view the whole feckin highlights again. But, to keep you happy I will. :thumbsup:

bighusref

He`s got stronger, fitter.etc.. as the season has went on and certainly in recent games. Earlier in the season he looked as though he was blawin oot his hole after an hour.

What gets overlooked a bit is his technique. I think he is a good player. Strikes a decent ball and has shown some nice touches on many ocassions.

I'd agree with that Debut, particularly the emboldened bit. Even when he looked, erm, less fit, he still fought and never hid.

Hearts of Vladland

Has he scored more goals than KK?

They are even in the league with 7, Kyle scored 3 in the cup giving him 10 over all and Stevo hasn't scored in the cup.

davemclaren

After re-analysis I can confirm that Stevo did indeed score the goal. I humbly apologise to anyone upset by my initial mistake. My only defence is that my first view was in the garden when it was a bit sunny but, trust me, I won't make that error again. :facepalm:

They are even in the league with 7, Kyle scored 3 in the cup giving him 10 over all and Stevo hasn't scored in the cup.

How many penalties has KK scored?

Harry Palmer

Stevenson......stepping up to the plate when needed and showing he has baws.

Hearts of Vladland

How many penalties has KK scored?

6, two of which were in the cup. He has only scored 4 from open play against Hibs, Falkirk (cup), Aberdeen and the last one I can't think of, Inverness was a own goal soo...

Edit: Turns out his goal against Elgin was open play so that is his last.

Stevenson......stepping up to the plate when needed and showing he has baws.

He looks like he is really busting a gut to get a new contract. And hopefully he will get it :thumb:

Heartbeat

He looks like he is really busting a gut to get a new contract. And hopefully he will get it :thumb:

If you had asked me say half a dozen games ago I would have said bin Stevo, he has though in the last few games shown precisely what he is a guy who has had a belated chance at making it and now knocking his pan in. For that alone aligned with other factors i.e not an expensive option i would give him another year.

FWIT was right behind it and thought he made a run but leant a wee bit back and bulleted in (well looped maybe) a good header. On the way home some tosser on the radio said it was an OG and I couldnt believe it, think he named Kelly???? as the scorer. Just watched it and it was RS goal and nearest players was Pasquali ? (sounds like kelly :) )

jamboruss

If you had asked me say half a dozen games ago I would have said bin Stevo, he has though in the last few games shown precisely what he is a guy who has had a belated chance at making it and now knocking his pan in. For that alone aligned with other factors i.e not an expensive option i would give him another year.

FWIT was right behind it and thought he made a run but leant a wee bit back and bulleted in (well looped maybe) a good header. On the way home some tosser on the radio said it was an OG and I couldnt believe it, think he named Kelly???? as the scorer. Just watched it and it was RS goal and nearest players was Pasquali ? (sounds like kelly :) )

Paskelly?

Riddley Walker

The last angle on the highlights does actually make it look like an OG... :whistling:

rossthejambo

Before previous threads about Stevenson pop up I'd like to humbly apologise to the man for saying he was shit.

He's been putting in a power of effort, in a position he's not natural in, over the last few weeks and IMO deserves a new contract. Still think once Kyle's back and/or a new striker is signed he'll be no more than back-up but it's always good to have back-up we can rely on.

Archived