Man City v West Ham

Gigolo-Aunt

Gigolo-Aunt

City are 2-0 after 20 minutes. CL football for them next year.

Can you see West Ham getting 9 points from 3 games? Not me.

West Ham to me are the English Hibs.

Very little success while managing to produce players for other clubs. Still hugely important in England winning the world cup though.

bighusref

West Ham, Blackpool and (fingers crossed) Wolves to go down. First two are certainties.

Better call Saul

West Ham to me are the English Hibs.

Very little success while managing to produce players for other clubs. Still hugely important in England winning the world cup though.

And will also have a ground they cant fill :teehee:

Jamhammer

We've won 7 all season but auld toad face is confident we can win 3 in 3. This is why he's an erse and should have been sacked months ago. English Hibs? Hardly. We've won the big cup 3 times in my lifetime Taz and a European trophy, and, of course, as you say the World Cup. We are rotten from top to bottom just now mind and should be relegated. Louis Boa Morte!!! He was scheidt when he was good.

Eckauskas

I was saying to my West Ham supporting mate yesterday, that I can honestly see them beating a poor Blackburn side and and a Sunderland side bereft of any confidence. It will all come down to Wigan away, however.

Hammers back in it :thumbsup:

Jamhammer

If they can get to half time at 2-1 they've got a sniff here. Anything from today would be a proper bonus. When we go down at least we'll have a clear out and, hopefully get a half decent manager who will encourage the youngsters. I'd love to see Freddie Sears getting a good run. COYI :thumbsup:

We've won 7 all season but auld toad face is confident we can win 3 in 3. This is why he's an erse and should have been sacked months ago. English Hibs? Hardly. We've won the big cup 3 times in my lifetime Taz and a European trophy, and, of course, as you say the World Cup. We are rotten from top to bottom just now mind and should be relegated. Louis Boa Morte!!! He was scheidt when he was good.

But bizarrely never won anything else.

Jamhammer

Not a glory hunter mate. That's enough for me. FWIW I've always thought we were more like Hearts than Hibs. Perrenial under achievers, good youth set up, proper community club with a stadium right in the middle of the community, a few of the locals support "bigger" teams but the majority follow their family and support the Irons. I do fel sorry for those born after 1980 who have only seen us nearly win things and being run by a succession of charlatans but we'll be back. I hope.

IronJambo

I was saying to my West Ham supporting mate yesterday, that I can honestly see them beating a poor Blackburn side and and a Sunderland side bereft of any confidence. It will all come down to Wigan away, however.

Hammers back in it :thumbsup:

i hope you're right but i've feared the worst for wham for a long time now. consistently blowing matches that they should've won and throwing away points like nobodies business. they've had a tough run in to the end but if they'd taken care of the games they should've then they wouldn't be in the thick stuff right now.

baron greenback has got to be the worst appointment ever and he should've been punted in january. a decent coach would've had them climbing the table. 6 or 7 points might be enough to save them, but i'm far from convinced they've got anything more than a draw in them.

still, it'll cost me less to go see them in the championship and we'll hopefully be back in the premier league in time to move into the unatmospheric olympic stadium.

Not a glory hunter mate. That's enough for me. FWIW I've always thought we were more like Hearts than Hibs. Perrenial under achievers, good youth set up, proper community club with a stadium right in the middle of the community, a few of the locals support "bigger" teams but the majority follow their family and support the Irons. I do fel sorry for those born after 1980 who have only seen us nearly win things and being run by a succession of charlatans but we'll be back. I hope.

Relax mate,Man U are the Hibs of England,Yaya made sure of that title for them.

Eckauskas

Relax mate,Man U are the Hibs of England,Yaya made sure of that title for them.

:lol:

Get yourself down to Old Trafford mate, then you'll be able to see what the Premiership trophy looks like close up :thumbsup:

gorgie_rebel

Didn't see any of the game today but over the last few weeks performances seem to have been pretty good up to a point but confidence is very low and when the team goes a goal behind the heads go down.

I think that since the cup defeat by Stoke confidence has plummeted (the Bolton game a prime example) go a goal down and everyone is hiding and looking at Parker to drag everone back into the game.

Still mathamatically possible to pull out of the bottom three, but anything less than 3 points from the Blackburn game next week and it's Championship football next year sadly.

What's bizarre about that?

The Treasurer

At 2-0 I feared a real hammering (no pun intended) but the way the players rolled up their sleeves after that gives a little bit of hope, albeit a slim one.

They have to beat Wigan away and take at least 4 points from the 2 homes games to have any chance but even then other results will determine which division London's top club will be playing in next season.

At 2-0 I feared a real hammering (no pun intended) but the way the players rolled up their sleeves after that gives a little bit of hope, albeit a slim one.

They have to beat Wigan away and take at least 4 points from the 2 homes games to have any chance but even then other results will determine which division London's top club will be playing in next season.

I was at the game,felt sorry to see them in such a mess.I thought they would have attacked more in the 2nd half,I can remember them only having one decent effort on target.Nothing in midfield,poor defence and an out of sorts Keane looks to me like that sadly they will go down.A win against Blackburn a must otherwise they are down.

The Treasurer

I was at the game,felt sorry to see them in such a mess.I thought they would have attacked more in the 2nd half,I can remember them only having one decent effort on target.Nothing in midfield,poor defence and an out of sorts Keane looks to me like that sadly they will go down.A win against Blackburn a must otherwise they are down.

There have been too many "must win" games in recent weeks where the players have failed to give the necessary response.

There have been too many "must win" games in recent weeks where the players have failed to give the necessary response.

The managers tactic sheets blew onto the field of play yesterday.About 5 sheets of them,they must have been blank sheets of paper.

The Merse

Surely no club will be stupid enough to appoint Avram Grant again?

Woeful creep of a manager.

The Treasurer

Surely no club will be stupid enough to appoint Avram Grant again?

Woeful creep of a manager.

If only that had been the case a year ago

What's bizarre about that?

In over 100 years as a club with some great players and teams in that time they've never go really close to getting the big prize of the league. If you look at some of the other clubs that have won the top league in that time it's surprising that West Ham have never managed it.

The Old Tolbooth

As long as Wigan go down and the Hammers stay up then I couldn't care about anyone else, always had a soft spot for the Hammers. On the plus side, if they do go down, at least they would get a local derby with Millwall next season which will be nice for them :ninja:

Fort Vallance

I'm with Jamhammer on this one.

shaun.lawson

In over 100 years as a club with some great players and teams in that time they've never go really close to getting the big prize of the league. If you look at some of the other clubs that have won the top league in that time it's surprising that West Ham have never managed it.

Yes they have. In 1986, they were powerfully unlucky not to win it.

All sorts of random clubs have won the league in the past - but it was about timing as much as anything else. Meanwhile, the whole "we're a bigger club than you because we've won more trophies" argument completely falls apart nowadays - because nowadays, silverware is monopolised by four clubs, and others - even big clubs like Tottenham, Everton, Villa etc - barely get a look-in.

It's now impossible for those clubs to win the league; and far more difficult for them to win anything. Where that leaves West Ham is in dreamland if they ever win anything, but still a big club if they don't. And two FA Cups and a Cup Winners' Cup is, actually, perfectly respectable: barring Scaloni's failure to put the ball out of play as the 2006 FA Cup Final entered injury time, and Harewood's subsequent awful miss in extra time of a game West Ham very much deserved to win, it's quite hard to see what more they should've achieved really.

Archived