Arsenal v Man Utd

Harry Palmer

Pistol1874

Hard to remember a weekend where officials have got so many big and relatively easy decisions wrong.

Hoy and one of his assistants have had a mare there, not in favour of any one team, they were just honking.

The Real Maroonblood

chelsea back in the title race thanks to 3 horrific decisions. You win some and you lose some, United will destroy the Russkis next Sunday.

Arsenal celebrating like they had won the world cup for finishing 3rd...... :keys: :rudi::facepalm:

Probably Hearts players will do the same when 3rd is officially confirmed.

:lol:

YAS!

Bum time just got squeaky for Utd. I probably dislike Chelsea marginally less so would find it quite amusing if they pipped them to the title, particularly given the dire run they had earlier in the season.

shaun.lawson

Hard to remember a weekend where officials have got so many big and relatively easy decisions wrong.

Hoy and one of his assistants have had a mare there, not in favour of any one team, they were just honking.

Indeed. I can't recall a similar one either - least of all one in which United were effectively victims of so many of them. But that said: that was a poor United performance, remarkably so given the importance of the game.

Unbelievably, this title race is back on; even more unbelievably, Chelsea, after all their problems, have a real chance now. But winning at Old Trafford for a second straight season? Incredibly tough ask - and even if they did, I wouldn't be shocked if Everton ended up handing United the 19th title by stopping Chelsea on the last day. That could be the final twist in this tale.

Incidentally, if I were an Arsenal fan, I'd have seriously felt like booing the team at the final whistle. Arsenal fans should be absolutely furious. Look at the run-in they had: it's staggering how badly they've screwed this up.

Arsenal - today notwithstanding - are Chevy Chase's character in Caddyshack.

Harry Palmer

Slur Alex will be raging...

Good stuff. :thumbsup:

Pistol1874

Indeed. I can't recall a similar one either - least of all one in which United were effectively victims of so many of them. But that said: that was a poor United performance, remarkably so given the importance of the game.

Unbelievably, this title race is back on; even more unbelievably, Chelsea, after all their problems, have a real chance now. But winning at Old Trafford for a second straight season? Incredibly tough ask - and even if they did, I wouldn't be shocked if Everton ended up handing United the 19th title by stopping Chelsea on the last day. That could be the final twist in this tale.

Incidentally, if I were an Arsenal fan, I'd have seriously felt like booing the team at the final whistle. Arsenal fans should be absolutely furious. Look at the run-in they had: it's staggering how badly they've screwed this up.

Arsenal - today notwithstanding - are Chevy Chase's character in Caddyshack.

I'm not sure Chelsea need to win at OT tbh, the way United are playing away, even as ordinary a team as Blackburn might get something from them.

Arsenal played well today, Song, Wilshire and Ramsay particularly, but there was that all too familiar malaise about United who started very poorly, gave momentum to Arsenal and couldn't get it back at any point of the game.

Hey-ho, another massive week looms with all to play for and both at OT.

Big game for your boys tomorrow, can't see you getting much help from Boro.

shaun.lawson

I'm not sure Chelsea need to win at OT tbh, the way United are playing away, even as ordinary a team as Blackburn might get something from them.

Arsenal played well today, Song, Wilshire and Ramsay particularly, but there was that all too familiar malaise about United who started very poorly, gave momentum to Arsenal and couldn't get it back at any point of the game.

Hey-ho, another massive week looms with all to play for and both at OT.

Big game for your boys tomorrow, can't see you getting much help from Boro.

Something, maybe - but no more than a point. And United are hardly going to fail to beat Blackpool at home on the last day, meaning a draw next week is all you need. Chelsea have to win - and when they were last in this position - the CL quarter-final second leg - they failed.

I can't see Boro helping us out either - and am actually expecting Norwich to be in 3rd going into the final game. I'll also be much more confident of us beating Coventry on the last day if we're in 3rd beforehand, rather than 2nd! What faith in my team, eh? :D

Guest Ultraviolet Catastrophe

Slur Alex will be raging...

Good stuff. :thumbsup:

How's the race for fifth going?

"slur Alex"

:vrface: dear oh dear

In other news:

:yas: title race is hotting up!

Pistol1874

Something, maybe - but no more than a point. And United are hardly going to fail to beat Blackpool at home on the last day, meaning a draw next week is all you need. Chelsea have to win - and when they were last in this position - the CL quarter-final second leg - they failed.

I can't see Boro helping us out either - and am actually expecting Norwich to be in 3rd going into the final game. I'll also be much more confident of us beating Coventry on the last day if we're in 3rd beforehand, rather than 2nd! What faith in my team, eh? :D

I've really enjoyed the Norwich games I've seen this season, I certainly wouldn't turn over before the final whistle!

Harry Palmer

How's the race for fifth going?

It's going well... :thumbsup:

Would you prefer Bacon chops or Whisky nose?

Denny Crane
Incidentally, if I were an Arsenal fan, I'd have seriously felt like booing the team at the final whistle. Arsenal fans should be absolutely furious. Look at the run-in they had: it's staggering how badly they've screwed this up. Arsenal - today notwithstanding - are Chevy Chase's character in Caddyshack.

OK. Season hasn't gone to plan. Title challenge was bungled. The team at least gives a reassurance to their fans that they haven't gone completely pish and beat the league leaders and yet you would.......!!?

:facepalm:

(The Gooner faithful are probably lamenting their failed title challenge in boozers right now but you don't boo when you beat Man Utd)

What's all this guff about everything going against United ?

Did I imagine Vidic handling the ball in the box after about 20 minutes, Arsenal not getting a penalty, Vidic not getting a red card and a ban for next week's game against Chelsea ?

:rolleyes:

What's all this guff about everything going against United ?

Did I imagine Vidic handling the ball in the box after about 20 minutes, Arsenal not getting a penalty, Vidic not getting a red card and a ban for next week's game against Chelsea ?

:rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCrjLVSapII&NR=1

chelsea back in the title race thanks to 3 horrific decisions. You win some and you lose some, United will destroy the Russkis next Sunday.

Arsenal celebrating like they had won the world cup for finishing 3rd...... :keys: :rudi::facepalm:

I take it you won't celebrate hearts finishing third this season then after all the bad results recently

Geoff Kilpatrick

Made the right choice in going to bed at a normal time....

Walter Bishop

I take it you won't celebrate hearts finishing third this season then after all the bad results recently

Hardly the same...

Arsenal celebrating like they had won the world cup for finishing 3rd......

Hold on

If Manchester United "destroy the Russkis" on Sunday wouldn't that mean that a win against stoke would see Arsenal move level with Chelsea on points and possibly ahead on goal difference depending on quite how dramatic the "destruction" was but either way it means that the bit about finishing 3rd doesn't make any sense.

The Old Tolbooth

Manure get them...just a pity that Webb isn't the ref......Mitchell would be going to town.

He was definitely Webb's love child!! :down:

Failed to award Arsenal a spot kick, failed to send off Vidic for blatant hand ball and denying a goal scoring opportunity, and failing to book Sicknote Owen for a clear dive! ;)

Just a thought, but if King Kenny was manager from the start of the season, how many more points would Liverpool have had? :unsure:

Boomstick

I watched the highlights there on MOTD2 and I think it was a clear penalty on Owen.

Failed to award Arsenal a spot kick, failed to send off Vidic for blatant hand ball and denying a goal scoring opportunity, and failing to book Sicknote Owen for a clear dive! ;)

Just a thought, but if King Kenny was manager from the start of the season, how many more points would Liverpool have had? :unsure:

The ref was a scouser.

Just saying like.

Bert Le Clos

IIRC, did Man U not drop 2 points at Blackburn on the 2nd last game of last season which handed Chelsea the title?

The Old Tolbooth

The ref was a scouser.

Just saying like.

Ah, but was he a red or a blue Scouser? :whistling:

Harry Palmer

Well, it's 30 out of 42 so far.....

Woy had 25 out of 63.... :vrface:

(Seen a table comparing the two somewhere...maybe RAWK...)

Not convinced with the Plastics. Man U have got the measure of them now and will not lose imo. It`s a battle of nerves on Sunday though so its going to come down to a bit bottle.

super_vlad

Well, it's 30 out of 42 so far.....

Woy had 25 out of 63.... :vrface:

(Seen a table comparing the two somewhere...maybe RAWK...)

Personally hate Roy, and it's making me sick how all the media are all over him again for how well WBA are doing the now. Nothing to do with the players coming back from injury that has really saved WBA, thought roberto was doing a good job only for Roy to be treated like a fecking saviour again because he gets them over the line. In a way it's the same a bit with kenny, in terms yes he has had a major influenced on the team but managing to get players like luis and Carroll has sent out a sign of intent. Still think you guys are miles off and be interested who you bring in.

would love it if man u won feck all this year!

Gigolo-Aunt

Personally hate Roy, and it's making me sick how all the media are all over him again for how well WBA are doing the now. Nothing to do with the players coming back from injury that has really saved WBA, thought roberto was doing a good job only for Roy to be treated like a fecking saviour again because he gets them over the line. In a way it's the same a bit with kenny, in terms yes he has had a major influenced on the team but managing to get players like luis and Carroll has sent out a sign of intent. Still think you guys are miles off and be interested who you bring in.

would love it if man u won feck all this year!

Players coming back or not, WBA were dead and buried when he got the gig - he should get all the plaudits.

Good manager who for some reason never fitted at Pool.

Harry Palmer

Players coming back or not, WBA were dead and buried when he got the gig - he should get all the plaudits.

Hmmm...

Last sentence means I can't get torn into him and given I thought he would do well for Liverpool.... :facepalm:

But when you sign shite like Pishson and Konshitesky; and don't try to win matches you're fecked. Add that to his comments in the media....and then you're Royally fecked. Chin rubbing arsehole.

Guess I have got torn in then.... :lol:

Maybe being suited to clubs where survival in the top league is a success suits him more.What was his record at Inter like.

Archived