Newcastle v Liverpool

Gigolo-Aunt

Gigolo-Aunt

Early game today....

Liverpool are flying up the league, could even catch Spurs. Carroll injured though?

Go on the pool.

thumbs_up.gif

Chad Sexington

Shame Carroll wont figure.

Pool should still have way too much for the bar codes though.

3-0 Liverpool.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Early game today....

Liverpool are flying up the league, could even catch Spurs. Carroll injured though?

Go on the pool.

thumbs_up.gif

This is JKB, surely its a conspiracy ???

Harry Palmer

Teams:

Liverpool: Reina, Flanagan, Carragher, Skrtel, Johnson, Meireles, Lucas, Spearing, Maxi, Suarez, Kuyt. Subs: Gulacsi, Carroll, Cole, Kyrgiakos, Ngog, Shelvey, Robinson.

Newcastle: Krul, Simpson, Coloccini, Williamson, Jose Enrique, Barton, Nolan, Tiote, Gutierrez, Lovenkrands, Ameobi. Subs: Harper, Perch, Ryan Taylor, Steven Taylor, Ranger, Ferguson, Kuqi.

Hopefully another 5-0 this week.

Kuyt will score. :thumbsup:

wonder if they could challenge next season if kenny stays

Harry Palmer

Fecking Craig Burley..... :down:

Only slightly less shite for English matches.

tartofmidlothian

wonder if they could challenge next season if kenny stays

Don't they have the second best record in England since he came back, aside from Man U?

I'd love to think they could. Will need a couple more ?20m players in the summer, though.

speedbump

Fecking Craig Burley..... :down:

Only slightly less shite for English matches.

Eh, Chris Waddle :thumbsup:

Andy Carrol, The angel of the north west................CRINGE!!!

Harry Palmer

Don't they have the second best record in England since he came back, aside from Man U?

I'd love to think they could. Will need a couple more ?20m players in the summer, though.

3rd best.

Major clear out of the shite needed even then the away form is crap.

So no

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL! :thumbsup:

Maxi! :thumbsup:

speedbump

Skunks are playing in white and are bound to get messed like a bride on her wedding night.

shaun.lawson

Skunks are playing in white and are bound to get messed like a bride on her wedding night.

You mean like Sunderland did yesterday? 4 points from the last 33. GREAT STUFF. :thumbsup:

speedbump

You mean like Sunderland did yesterday? 4 points from the last 33. GREAT STUFF. :thumbsup:

Good trolling. Yes Sunderland's form has been shocking but have you seen the injury list? Played not bad until Fulham scored then that was always gonna be that.

Birmingham 0-1 Wolves

But Berra dropped and on the bench. Hope they get horsed as a result.

shaun.lawson

Good trolling. Yes Sunderland's form has been shocking but have you seen the injury list? Played not bad until Fulham scored then that was always gonna be that.

You sound like Steve Bruce. :lol:

Sunderland haven't been the same since selling Darren Bent. I also think the return the club is getting on what it spends in terms of wages (miles more than it can afford) is pathetic. What do Sunderland and Newcastle fans sing at each other? "We're slightly less shit than you"?

And sure, you've had injuries. But for as long as I can remember, Sunderland - clearly a very big club - have had opportunity after opportunity to establish themselves and really achieve something. But they fail, every single time.

Harry Palmer

Young Spearing really does have a bright future ahead of him.

Starting to like him in midfield. :)

I'd put that down to The King....

He and Lucas have been immense recently.

tartofmidlothian

3rd best.

Major clear out of the shite needed even then the away form is crap.

So no

I'd like to think, much as when Jefferies took us over, a lot of that 'shite' is actually quality in a bad team. Guys like Lucas, Maxi etc. Who would you punt? N'Gog, Cole, Jovanovic, Poulsen, Kyrgiakos, Konchesky, probably some good sell-on value in Johnson and Aquilani. Hardly any of the above have contributed anything to the recent run and all should attract bids if they're available.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL! :thumbsup:

Maxi! :thumbsup:

speedbump

You sound like Steve Bruce. :lol:

Sunderland haven't been the same since selling Darren Bent. I also think the return the club is getting on what it spends in terms of wages (miles more than it can afford) is pathetic. What do Sunderland and Newcastle fans sing at each other? "We're slightly less shit than you"?

And sure, you've had injuries. But for as long as I can remember, Sunderland - clearly a very big club - have had opportunity after opportunity to establish themselves and really achieve something. But they fail, every single time.

So not having a settled back four and not having any fit strikers doesn't affect a teams ability to pick up points?

They will be in the premier league next season and will finish comfortably above the shite you follow. Enjoy your 1 season back in the top again.

tartofmidlothian

Sorry, my phone goosed that last post and won't let me edit. You get the idea, right?

Harry Palmer

Pretty much who you've said should be launched, tart.

Lucas signed a new contract weeks ago.

:thumbsup:

Edit: Birmingham 1-1 Wolves

And my stream has died.... :down:

shaun.lawson

So not having a settled back four and not having any fit strikers doesn't affect a teams ability to pick up points?

They will be in the premier league next season and will finish comfortably above the shite you follow. Enjoy your 1 season back in the top again.

Sunderland are a much bigger club than Norwich. If you think finishing above us (and we're not even up yet, and might well still miss out) is any kind of achievement, then well...

I doubt you'll have the attention apan for it, but this brilliant article on far and away the best football blog around sets out the problems Sunderland are facing. They're not going to go away, either.

http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2011/03/sunderlands-problem-is-not-their-fans.html

Harry Palmer

Red card for Birmingham... :ninja:

Flanagan on the verge of a red here. :sweat:

speedbump

Sunderland are a much bigger club than Norwich. If you think finishing above us (and we're not even up yet, and might well still miss out) is any kind of achievement, then well...

I doubt you'll have the attention apan for it, but this brilliant article on far and away the best football blog around sets out the problems Sunderland are facing. They're not going to go away, either.

http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2011/03/sunderlands-problem-is-not-their-fans.html

I'm going to risk a ban here but comments like the highlighted one mark you out as a condescending prick!

shaun.lawson

I'm going to risk a ban here but comments like the highlighted one mark you out as a condescending prick!

:lol:

I'll take that as a compliment, speedbump. :thumbsup:

speedbump

:lol:

I'll take that as a compliment, speedbump. :thumbsup:

I'll give it a read later once I have finished my Sunday Times, so I'll get back to you sometime tomorrow.

Walter Bishop

Newcastle fans singing "There`s only 1 cheating Shearer" and "He Sha*ged her ****, Shearer Sha*ged her ****"

Whatever can they mean? :o:o

Also to Carroll "Your just a shit Ameobi" :lol:

JamboSean

Where do you find these sites? The article on Fiorentina was a decent read.

shaun.lawson

Where do you find these sites? The article on Fiorentina was a decent read.

It was good, wasn't it? I found a brilliant article on Inter - and their incredible reliance on Moratti, even in a season in which they won the treble - early this season, and bookmarked the blog. The writer puts so much research into it: it's light years better than any analysis you'll find in newspapers.

JamboSean

It was good, wasn't it? I found a brilliant article on Inter - and their incredible reliance on Moratti, even in a season in which they won the treble - early this season, and bookmarked the blog. The writer puts so much research into it: it's light years better than any analysis you'll find in newspapers.

Yeah, it was. Going to go back and read the Napoli one later on.

Inter rely on Moratti as much as Chelsea do with Abramovich or we do with Mr Romanov. I think the only difference is there's no way he'll ever sell the club.

Harry Palmer

Here I was thinking this thread was about the riveting,exciting and enthralling match at Anfield. :)

Mods should clear this thread of spam imo. :teehee:

Harry Palmer

PENALTY!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL!

Dirk Kuyt! :thumbsup:

He should have had another....

Harry Palmer

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL! :thumbsup:

Suarez! :)

:shitwine:

Liverpool can very easily be in the reckoning next season. The selling of Torres was a great move, as he was going through the motions - especially when his transfer paid for Carroll and the brilliant Suarez.

The aforementioned deadweight don't really have a look-in at the moment (although Cole is useful as a squad player, fitness pending), and a couple of players (especially a CB and RB) are required - but I can definitely see Liverpool taking their place in 'The Big 4' again.

Harry Palmer

3-0

An extremely comfortable early afternoons work for Liverpool. :thumbsup:

Suarez involved in all 3 goals...scoring one.

kirkwood: A lot more needed than a CB/RB/LB/LW/RW/CF.....

tartofmidlothian

3-0

An extremely comfortable early afternoons work for Liverpool. :thumbsup:

Suarez involved in all 3 goals...scoring one.

kirkwood: A lot more needed than a CB/RB/LB/LW/RW/CF.....

:thumbsup: Very pleasing indeed. Fifth is in Liverpool's hands now, but maybe not being in the Europa next year would allow them to concentrate on the league for once?

Not such a drastic overhaul needed, IMO. Got two good young RBs already, three good CBs (maybe buy Phil Jones or Cahill as a long-term Carragher replacement) and selling Johnson would pay for a new LB. Couple of wingers needed but they don't have to be ?20m players, and a good midfield core of Gerrard, Mereiles and Lucas - maybe A.N. Other with the Aquilani money? Then a new CF, but only a young and inexpensive emerging talent to back up Carroll and Suarez.

So that's ?70m on maybe five players, but selling Aquilani, Johnson and the others mentioned above would recoup about ?35-40m of that.

Archived