Dortmund

Guest Alex Guttenplan

Guest Ultraviolet Catastrophe

I know there's an official Bundesliga thread and everything but felt the need for a congratulatory one for Dortmund, who won the title today in front of 70,000 fans and with two games to spare.

4 different winners in the past 5 years that league. Great stuff. Highly competitive, highly attended, cheap, can drink/make a fantastic noise and good quality of football too.

So anyway, well done Dortmund

ToadKiller Dog

No wont celebrate them winning the league ,but yes they have deserved it this year . For many of my Schalke mates this is like hibs winning something ,but Schalke have the pokal cup final to cheer themselves up wish i could have got a ticket.

But agree German football is the best run most competative and attacking style based of the big european leagues .

colinmaroon

Been saying for ages that the idiots running Scottish Football should have had a serious look at taking up some of the ideas behind the Bundesliga, instead of commisioning a report from a non-footballing ex-politician - but that might actually achieve something!

A bit more than 70,000:

In front of an 80.720 crowd at the sold-out SIGNAL IDUNA PARK, including 6.500 fans from Nuremberg, Borussia Dortmund took the lead through Barrios in the 32nd minute. Lewandowski doubled the advantage shortly before the interval (43 mins.). When Cologne then also went in front against Leverkusen, the BVB fans began to party. Borussia Dortmund are "Deutscher Meister 2011"!

Archived