Player Ratings v Kilmarnock

hearts_crazy

hearts_crazy
  • MacDonald - 6 - Beaten by two wonder strikes, decent game otherwise although frankly had not a lot to do
  • Thompson - 5 - bit of an off day I thought
  • Zaliukas - 6 - decent game, no daft stuff or mazy runs
  • Jonsson - 6 - Did OK
  • Palazuelos - 6 - Didn't do much wrong
  • Black - 5 - looked out of sorts
  • Temps - 6 - infuriating at times with stuff he did bad, amazing at others with stuff he did well, bit of a mixed bag
  • Stevenson - 7 - I thought he stood out from all others, dogged determined performance and took goal well, my MOM
  • Skacel - 6 - Gets extra point for being in right place at right time for goal but he needs to do more
  • Mrowiec - 6 - OK
  • Elliott - 6 - worked hard)

jambos are go!
  • MacDonald - 6 - Beaten by two wonder strikes, decent game otherwise although frankly had not a lot to do
  • Jonsson - 6 - Did OK
  • Temps - 6 - infuriating at times with stuff he did bad, amazing at others with stuff he did well, bit of a mixed bag
  • Stevenson - 7 - I thought he stood out from all others, dogged determined performance and took goal well, my MOM
  • Skacel - 6 - Gets extra point for being in right place at right time for goal but he needs to do more
  • Mrowiec - 6 - OK

Agree with most of that. We need a right back and have done for 2 years. Stevenson does not last 90 minutes but has improved. We seem unable to smother the midfield and therefore teams can run at us ALA Motherwell and Kilmarnock.

Broxburn_Jambo

I thought Elliott was pretty poor- don't think we get enough from him sometimes.

hearts_crazy

I'm a big Zal fan but 'no daft stuff' apart from gifting the ball away for the first?

Did he? Couldn't see clearly who was at fault, great strike mindmellow.gif

Drylaw Hearts

Mrowiec 6 OK ?????????????

He was nothing short of horrific.

We've made a big mistake giving that lump a 3 year deal imo.

Did he? Couldn't see clearly who was at fault, great strike mindmellow.gif

Had the ball at his feet in the box instead of clearing it he took an extra touch got muscled off the balled got played out the box and then laid off for Fowler

hearts_crazy

Macdonald -6!? are you high!? One of his best games for us today...

He only had 2 saves to make (apart from the goals). Didn't have enough to do to warrant a huge score TBH

Thought that Ruben was the only one of the back 4 to get pass marks.Zal was okay until that mistake for the goal.Thomson and Jonsson just cannot defend.Stevenson pick of the forwards but Macdonald Motm by miles.

Guildford_Jambo

Agree with most of that. We need a right back and have done for 2 years. Stevenson does not last 90 minutes but has improved. We seem unable to smother the midfield and therefore teams can run at us ALA Motherwell and Kilmarnock.

Bring Robbie back!

Jambof3tornado

Was Ruben not caught too high up the park for their equaliser?? When he went charging up to cut out a pass and then had the ball played round him.

Cupar Jambo

Thought that Ruben was the only one of the back 4 to get pass marks.Zal was okay until that mistake for the goal.Thomson and Jonsson just cannot defend.Stevenson pick of the forwards but Macdonald Motm by miles.

He had a decision to make made an ar** of it and cost us the second goal

Bring Robbie back!

You argue against people swearing at games and then you suggest we bring back Robbie Neilson.

I'm sure your just here to piss me off. It's not working. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Macdonald - 7 - couple of very good saves

Thomson - 5 - good ball for the second goal but a weak defender

Jonsson - 5 - filling in again

Zaliukas - 5 - average performance

Palazuelos - 5 - as per Zaliukas

Black - 3 - his worst game for Hearts

Mrowiec - 2 - awful performance - never anywhere near Eremenko

Templeton - 5 - poor on the right, good on the left for a spell - then subbed when at his best in the game

Skacel - 5 - another well taken goal, good reactions - huge goalscoring year now

Elliott - 4 - reputation way beyond what he actually delivers - can't seem to score against the better teams

Stevenson - 8 - another huge performance from our form player of the moment

Driver - 1 - starting to wonder if is physical or mental - he will not go above a jog

McGowan - 2 - looked a bit lost out on the wing

Glen - 1 - little time, but lost the ball when he did get it

JJ trying to keep to a 15 or so man squad for most of the games is now hurting us. Once again was surprised not to see Scott Robinson - would start him up front with Stevenson in the next game.

MacDonald-7

Thomson-6

Zaliukas-5

Jonsson-6

Palazuelos-5

Black-4

Mrowiec-1

Templeton-6

Skacel-6

Elliott-7

Stevenson-8

peebles jambo
  • Jonsson - 6 - Did OK
  • Mrowiec - 6 - OK

go along with most of this apart from ruben, i thought (as at inverness) he was too slow and cost us our 2nd goal yesterday, there has to be a better left back in the youths,

Macdonald - 7 - couple of very good saves

Thomson - 5 - good ball for the second goal but a weak defender

Jonsson - 5 - filling in again

Zaliukas - 5 - average performance

Palazuelos - 5 - as per Zaliukas

Black - 3 - his worst game for Hearts

Mrowiec - 2 - awful performance - never anywhere near Eremenko

Templeton - 5 - poor on the right, good on the left for a spell - then subbed when at his best in the game

Skacel - 5 - another well taken goal, good reactions - huge goalscoring year now

Elliott - 4 - reputation way beyond what he actually delivers - can't seem to score against the better teams

Stevenson - 8 - another huge performance from our form player of the moment

Driver - 1 - starting to wonder if is physical or mental - he will not go above a jog

McGowan - 2 - looked a bit lost out on the wing

Glen - 1 - little time, but lost the ball when he did get it

JJ trying to keep to a 15 or so man squad for most of the games is now hurting us. Once again was surprised not to see Scott Robinson - would start him up front with Stevenson in the next game.

I agree on the predictability of team selection during this uninspiring run of results. Quite frankly, the way Hearts are playing just now I would be surprised if we picked up any points in our remaining three matches. Why not play McGowan and Robinson in central midfield and give them a chance to shine? What have we got to lose? In particular, I don't want to see Driver or Glen again this season, for various reasons they have contributed zero between them.

JamboAberdeen

I agree on the predictability of team selection during this uninspiring run of results. Quite frankly, the way Hearts are playing just now I would be surprised if we picked up any points in our remaining three matches. Why not play McGowan and Robinson in central midfield and give them a chance to shine? What have we got to lose? In particular, I don't want to see Driver or Glen again this season, for various reasons they have contributed zero between them.

It looks like we won't see Driver again this season, as he set for op along with Suso.

My link

I guess this affected him yesterday, physically and mentally.

SanliHearts

I thought Elliott was pretty poor- don't think we get enough from him sometimes.

are you joking?

Broxburn_Jambo

are you joking?

No, I thought he did nothing yesterday and doesn't contribute enough.

He works very hard and puts in a power of running.

He probably has suffered more than most from the absence of Kyle but I agree he does not offer much beyond his effort. I think all his goals have been against the sides 6 and below in the league ... and that might be a measure of his quality which is disappointing given he had a big club and international background. His goalscoring to starts ratio is not bad though.

bighusref

He probably has suffered more than most from the absence of Kyle but I agree he does not offer much beyond his effort. I think all his goals have been against the sides 6 and below in the league ... and that might be a measure of his quality which is disappointing given he had a big club and international background. His goalscoring to starts ratio is not bad though.

A criticism of Skacel in another recent thread.

For the avoidance of doubt, can I confirm that we do need to score against the bottom six teams?

Ryan Gosling

What about his 2 goals away to Kilmarnock in January? Were Killie not 4th at the time?

What about his 2 goals away to Kilmarnock in January? Were Killie not 4th at the time?

The league is a marathon and not a sprint :lol:

Yes to the other above question - it is great that the goals went in against Hamilton, Killie, Inverness etc.

But it is perhaps a sign that he struggles against better defenders. Seems that he has a big reputation on here and for me is at the moment an overrated player.

Cupar Jambo

The league is a marathon and not a sprint :lol:

Yes to the other above question - it is great that the goals went in against Hamilton, Killie, Inverness etc.

But it is perhaps a sign that he struggles against better defenders. Seems that he has a big reputation on here and for me is at the moment an overrated player.

Eliott would be my outfield POY

Cupar Jambo

MacDonald-7

Thomson-6

Zaliukas-5

Jonsson-6

Palazuelos-5

Black-6

Mrowiec-2

Templeton-6

Skacel-5

Elliott-7

Stevenson-8

SanliHearts

Just saw highlights and you're probably right about yesterday, but in recent games he's been the hardest working player on the park.

Got a good feeling about him, reckon he could score a good few goals next season with a consistent strike partner.

bighusref

I'm glad. I would hate to think celebrating all those goals we have scored against the bottom seven clubs were worthless. Funnily enough, I kinda share your concern about him, it is ridiculous to criticise him for scoring against lesser opposition though.

I'm glad. I would hate to think celebrating all those goals we have scored against the bottom seven clubs were worthless. Funnily enough, I kinda share your concern about him, it is ridiculous to criticise him for scoring against lesser opposition though.

The only criticism is for him not scoring against the better teams :thumb:

IMO Elliott is the most over-rated player in our squad.

Not a chance of it,the guy is virtually having to play the lone striker roll(I know Stevenson is also up front but he's not a striker) and make space,passes and crosses for himself to score,unfortunately I now think that Eggert now has that tag of most over rated,his early career form has stalled and just might have taken a backward step.

scott_jambo

Not a chance of it,the guy is virtually having to play the lone striker roll(I know Stevenson is also up front but he's not a striker) and make space,passes and crosses for himself to score,unfortunately I now think that Eggert now has that tag of most over rated,his early career form has stalled and just might have taken a backward step.

Lots of flaws in your post there. thumbsup.gif

Libertonian_II

Not the most over-rated, that award goes to Mroviec.

There's no doubting Elliot's workrate but IMO he's too lightweight and easily knocked off the ball

i have this problem with my Jambo mate who thinks he is the bees knees but give up when he cannot control simple balls and keep moves going. It is true that Stevo is not a striker but his attitude, skill and workrate compensate for a lot of his deficiences in the role he is asked to play.

i have this problem with my Jambo mate who thinks he is the bees knees but give up when he cannot control simple balls and keep moves going. It is true that Stevo is not a striker but his attitude, skill and workrate compensate for a lot of his deficiences in the role he is asked to play.

Not one shred of argument their,I've been more than impressed by Stevenson,but as I say Elliot has to drift wide,come deep and generally run about like a dafty to get the ball,where as if he was playing with a natural strike/centre forward he wouldn't have to graft so hard and might just be in better positions to score more goals.

I also don't think that Elliot is going to be a 20 a season striker,don't think he is that type of player,but as a player to play along side a centre forward he will pull defenders out of position,taking on flicks,holding it in,I think he will do really well then.

Archived