Jim O'Brien Link -- more news -- his cousin is signing for us (Merged Threads)

CJGJ

BARNSLEY winger Jim O?Brien has ruled out a reported move to Hearts.

Speaking exclusively to The Star the Scottish winger said: ?I know the manager at Hearts likes me, but I?m not ready to go back up the road yet.?

?I?ve still got a year left on my contract at Barnsley. I?m not thinking about going anywhere right now.?

The 23-year-old former Motherwell midfielder added: ?I was out in my back garden building a barbecue the other day and my mate texted me and said ?Are you going to Hearts??

?I texted my agent about it but he?d heard nothing either, so there?s no truth in it.

?My cousin is signing for Hearts so maybe somebody?s put two and two together and come up with a rumour.?

Link doesn't work..

Sorry -- pasted below

BARNSLEY winger Jim O?Brien has ruled out a reported move to Hearts.

Speaking exclusively to The Star the Scottish winger said: ?I know the manager at Hearts likes me, but I?m not ready to go back up the road yet.?

?I?ve still got a year left on my contract at Barnsley. I?m not thinking about going anywhere right now.?

The 23-year-old former Motherwell midfielder added: ?I was out in my back garden building a barbecue the other day and my mate texted me and said ?Are you going to Hearts??

?I texted my agent about it but he?d heard nothing either, so there?s no truth in it.

?My cousin is signing for Hearts so maybe somebody?s put two and two together and come up with a rumour.?

I think Diamond must be the player JJ was talking about at the Platinum briefing -- 'one of the players might not be too popular a signing' was how he put it.

Wikipedia says his cousin is Diamond.

Of course, Wikipedia is super-unreliable.

I think I heard before that Diamond genuinely is his cousin.

This is worrying.

I suggest we wait until he signs and then judge him on performances with us.

Novel approach I know but im all for trying something new. thumbsup.gif

That's some interesting thinking there! I agree. If the bloke wants to play for us, he should be given the chance to show what he can do before he gets slaughtered.

There was once upon a time diamond did used to be a decent defender, now aberdeen have gone down hill in recent years(they have aways been shit i suppose lol but.....) I generally think that is the reason diamonds performances have gone down hill... If there is a manager in the league that will put him through his paces and get him back to his best again it certainly will be JJ and his team. Maybe I am wrong and ZD won't get back to the time he used to be half decent but I am going to give the boy a chance and if JJ does get him back to his best well the boy will be a quality signing.... Wasn't that long ago that everyone didn't want webster back at hearts but now everyone wants him in the starting line up.... Give ZD a Chance :thumbsup:

ToadKiller Dog

Well if JJ can turn Diamond into a footballer then he clearly is more powerful than Hank the amazing miracle worker , Vlad ,jebus ,Mother Terresa and Superman all roled into one .

Diamond is a fecking useless lump and more danger to the back of his own net than any opposition attacker .

rudi must stay

Welcome Zander, give it your best shot in the famous maroon :thumbsup:

:Hearts Man spotrun: :flagwave::flag1:

i'd echo those staements if he has signed. But, with there still being a few weeks to go, and Brown saying he wants to keep him, I think the story has a bit to go.

When has Diamond ever been a good defender?

I remember watching him when people were gushing over him as a youngster- he was shite then too.

If he plays for us, i'll support him but I currently do not rate him.

alwaysthereinspirit

Noooo!

FF76B5E5-CA2F-D044-9C0B68EE84E5CF69.jpg

I'm not naive enough to believe that every Hearts player is a dyed in the wool but this would just be such a bad signing. Please Hearts, no no and no again.

jambojim1986

1526: Aberdeen defender Zander Diamond heads wide despite being unmarked five yards out. Inverness can count themselves lucky to be level.

:blink:

1526: Aberdeen defender Zander Diamond heads wide despite being unmarked five yards out. Inverness can count themselves lucky to be level.

:blink:

Useless F#@>!

I think Diamond must be the player JJ was talking about at the Platinum briefing -- 'one of the players might not be too popular a signing' was how he put it.

Liam Miller......

Pete Seeger

JJ really is taking a gamble with this rasper if he signs him because he must know the supports feelings regarding the bigoted ****. First couple of slip up's and he'll be shot into flames. I honestly can't see the reasons for signing Diamond. He really is a horrible ****

That's some interesting thinking there! I agree. If the bloke wants to play for us, he should be given the chance to show what he can do before he gets slaughtered.

but as Hearts fans we are very quick to judge.

Templeton'sUnderpants

When has Diamond ever been a good defender?

I remember watching him when people were gushing over him as a youngster- he was shite then too.

If he plays for us, i'll support him but I currently do not rate him.

My opinion is that he showed some potential when he was youngster, he has never realised this potential. I reserve the right to be fickle if he joins however.

There was once upon a time diamond did used to be a decent defender, now aberdeen have gone down hill in recent years(they have aways been shit i suppose lol but.....) I generally think that is the reason diamonds performances have gone down hill... If there is a manager in the league that will put him through his paces and get him back to his best again it certainly will be JJ and his team. Maybe I am wrong and ZD won't get back to the time he used to be half decent but I am going to give the boy a chance and if JJ does get him back to his best well the boy will be a quality signing.... Wasn't that long ago that everyone didn't want webster back at hearts but now everyone wants him in the starting line up.... Give ZD a Chance :thumbsup:

I'm with these gentlemen. thumbsup.gif

If Jefferies believes he can get him playing, then I say welcome Alexander.

Well, Darren Barr was welcomed as an excellent signing and his first season has been forgettable at best.

Nobody wants us to sign Diamond, maybe he'll play out of his skin just to balance things up!

Victor Meldrew

It's an outrage.

A manager who has taken us to third place in the SPL this season has decided to sign a player he thinks could do a job for us.

I say we should sack him and appoint one of the experts on here who obviously know far more about football than JJ.

:teehee:

ToadKiller Dog

If Diamonds Dug Bullet can make it in London maybe JJ can go all Mr Miyagi and make something out of Diamond .

bullet-from-the-scheme-image-1-7404512.jpg

If he signs he will of course like any new player get my full support as i expect most fans will do until he proves otherwise .

Isnt Kovacevic at United out of contract soon a better prospect only 23 so more to work with ?

JJ really is taking a gamble with this rasper if he signs him because he must know the supports feelings regarding the bigoted ****. First couple of slip up's and he'll be shot into flames. I honestly can't see the reasons for signing Diamond. He really is a horrible ****

What has Diamond done to be a bigot? Genuine question. I must have missed what happened.

Ah, this My link

I'm not part of the PC Brigade so it doesn't bother me :whistling:

You've got to be fecking joking........

fabienleclerq

Amen. Have a sneaky feeling we might end up with a player.

He would be Aberdeens loss and our gain.

However if an element of supporters have already made their minds up - what chance does 'Zando the Jambo' have of being a success?

Fair goes lads, and trust in JJ's judgement.

SectionDJambo

Don't like him as an Aberdeen player. I would cite the Miko "dive" incident.

However, he must know what some feel about him joining us and still wants to come in, so let's give the guy a chance. We are certainly not overly strong in central defence, and JJ thinks he can make him a better player. Like many players, or normal working people for that matter, he maybe just needs a change of scenery and/or new challenge.

Not many of our players are Hearts fans, so the Celtic fan thing should not matter. As long as he plays 100% for us he should have our support.

Can't remember Mark Burchill's favourite team being a problem for us, and he wasn't exactly a superstar for Hearts.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Really? Must we do this again? It is just too painfull to keep being reminded every few days. :(

The Treasurer

Read it again.

It's his cousin he mention's not his brother.

His cousin currently plays for Aberdeen, first name Zander sad.gif

Archived