Hibs release 10.

H2

Hibernian have confirmed 10 summer departures, including midfielder John Rankin and striker Colin Nish.

Top scorer Derek Riordan's future is still to be settled, while decisons are pending on Graham Stack, Liam Miller and Ricardo Vaz Te.

Steven Thicot, Kevin McBride, Kevin McCann, Valdas Trakys, Thomas Flynn, Kurtis Byrne and Ewan Moyes are leaving Easter Road.

Darryl Duffy will return to Bristol Rovers after a season-long loan deal.

BBC report

I thought kurtis Byrne was the next Marco Van Basten - evidentally not.

What a honking squad they have.

That's the one that stuck out for me. Did they not have to fight off Celtic to keep him?

hobos at my golf club were always growlin' on about that byrne boy being a future star.

but that's hobos for ye. they know feck all.

Coburg Hearts

That's the one that stuck out for me. Did they not have to fight off Celtic to keep him?

Did his old man not threaten hibs that he would move to celtic if he didn't get more game time?

Coburg Hearts

hobos at my golf club were always growlin' on about that byrne boy being a future star.

but that's hobos for ye. they know feck all.

Always wondered if they play golf with flair.:rolleyes:

Hopefully he is and he shines at his next club while the lochenders tear out the last of their hair.

Did his old man not threaten hibs that he would move to celtic if he didn't get more game time?

Aye I'm sure his old man is a Tic fan (or maybe even played for them?) and said he was going to the Irish then Kurtis said he was staying.

Always wondered if they play golf with flair.:rolleyes:

nah. it takes them years to master holding the club at the right end.

Coburg Hearts

Aye I'm sure his old man is a Tic fan (or maybe even played for them?) and said he was going to the Irish then Kurtis said he was staying.

Not any more he isn't. :D

Prince Buaben

That's a shocking way to rub a club. Possibly up to 14 players leaving ER plus the loan players going back. They will have a squad of about 6

kennyblack'sshot

Maybe we can now have a reappraisal of what the true "Hibs way" is?

It's obviously not playing decent football as they do that maybe one season in 5 tops. The real "Hibs way" seems to be replacing their manager and entire team every season - that's what they've been doing for at least 5 years now anyhow. They also seem to have a policy of giving their worst managers the most money to spend. And they are completely unable to sign a decent goalie.

They spend big money on Bamba, Stokes, Riorden and Miller and con their fans into thinking they're developing a team. They neglect to mention clauses in these players' contracts that mean they are sold at the first sniff of interest form a bigger club, and they then build a big stand and sell these players to pay for it.

Any decent manager they get like Mowbray, Collins and Mixu leaves citing lack of ambition from the Hibs board, and the end result is a load of disgruntled season ticket holders forced to watch second rate players with a second rate manager playing rubbish football in a half-empty, atmosphere-less stadium.

Well played Hibs, well played.

That's a shocking way to rub a club. Possibly up to 14 players leaving ER plus the loan players going back. They will have a squad of about 6

They need to free up some wages so that 2-Meeps can return.

Diadora Van Basten

None of the players leaving are any good. Hopefully they will get rid of ratboy murray millar and stack as well.

Kevin McCann I always thought was reasonable. Done well during his stint at inverness.

Quite funny that their 'next wonderkid from the conveyor belt of talent' Kurtis Byrne has got the bullet though :laugh:

Guildford_Jambo

Riordan is off, told me himself.

how did you have the horrible experience of speaking to this ned?

Do you work at the cells in St Leonard's Police Station. :whistling:

lol known him for years

Archived