Pressley

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

The BBC gossip site's saying a few papers are reporting he's been offered a year's contract extension.

Eh? I thought he was one bad result from the chop.

A Falkirk fan on my Facebook said this news means he won't be renewing his season ticket and will only go to away games next year.

davemclaren

A Falkirk fan on my Facebook said this news means he won't be renewing his season ticket and will only go to away games next year.

Sounds like a few fans on here at times. :rolleyes:

scott_jambo

Falkirk fans will be fuming at this.

Read in the paper the other day Pressley was asking for respect from the Falkirk fans.

If you have to ask for respect from your own supporters then there are problems which may never be resolved.

scott_jambo

As this now seems to be a thread on Wonga's business model I'll throw in my tuppence worth.

Short term loans of up to 30 days will always have high APRs due to the way that APRs are calcualted ( over a term of a year ). Any loan will have fixed costs attached so they need to be recovered over a shorter period than is normal meaning the charge will be relatively high. Similarly, I imagine that there is very little checking of the individuals ability to pay so the risk of deafault is higher than a normal loan situation resulting in a higher rate. Lastly, if there was money to be made at lower rates for these types of loan you would imagine that a competitior would step in to do that thus forcing rates down.

Given the above the only alternative to these loans for these individuals would be for the state to be the short term lender or guarantor. People would then moan about good for nothing scroungers and people that can't manage their finances getting cheap loans out of the taxes they pay.

So, happy to have them on board as sponsor. :thumbsup:

:facepalm:

Falkirk fans will be fuming at this.

Read in the paper the other day Pressley was asking for respect from the Falkirk fans.

If you have to ask for respect from your own supporters then there are problems which may never be resolved.

like he did to the Hearts fans?

Archived