Lennon interested in Sutton

jambonian

....according to the Record.

Now, why doesn't that surprise me!? Is he only wanting to sign him because Hearts have shown an interest or does he actually think he'd do a turn for that lot? My money's on the former! Funny how he's never been mentioned in the press until Hearts mention it. Oh well... cashwise it'll be Celtic or the Championship! Nice thought while it lasted, unless the press are just stirring as usual.

Better call Saul

Now, why doesn't that surprise me!? Is he only wanting to sign him because Hearts have shown an interest or does he actually think he'd do a turn for that lot? My money's on the former! Funny how he's never been mentioned in the press until Hearts mention it. Oh well... cashwise it'll be Celtic or the Championship! Nice thought while it lasted, unless the press are just stirring as usual.

More talent to sit on a bog ridden bench ..

An old Walter Smith tactic (He canny afford to do it now).

Nobble the players of opposition teams still to play.

Probably just paper talk at this point.

Player on a hot streak will always be linked with a 'dream' move to either half of the Old Firm.

It's the way things work.

An old Walter Smith tactic (He canny afford to do it now).

Nobble the players of opposition teams still to play.

Or tell the press you are interested to, at least turn their heads. I'm sure JJ has a Plan B :whistling:

He'd be feckin stupid to sign for either of those two... Still if he's wanting to finish his degree then he'll get plenty of time to study while warming the bench!

Player on a hot streak will always be linked with a 'dream' move to either half of the Old Firm.

I really hope it is just paper talk, id love him at tynie

Probably Lennon is looking for a replacement for Chris Killen, a big striker who will be able to play rubbish pre season friendlies and tour matches, and the odd Co-op Cup match.

Rick Grimes

it is just paper talk. I guarantee that we will sign Sutton.*

* in no way should this be taken as a guarantee

Drylaw Hearts

I don't think Lennon will be concerned much about Hearts signing targets and I certainly don't think he'd sign a player just to stop Hearts signing him.

Too much Wedding Day champers for the OP imo.

Horatio Caine

I said on the other Sutton thread that I'd be surprised if Lennon isn't after him.

Chris did well at Darkhead. Brother following in his footsteps?

I don't think Lennon will be concerned much about Hearts signing targets and I certainly don't think he'd sign a player just to stop Hearts signing him.

Too much Wedding Day champers for the OP imo.

Not sure about that. As i say, maybe just paper talk, it wouldn't be the weeg press if they didn't try to sh!tstir but over the years when Hearts have been linked to players they end up at the oldfirm. They moan about lack of competition but when another club gives them any sort of challenge they sign players just to pz others off, usuallly don't even play them.

Oh and the wedding day champers comment...? No interest in it TV's been off all day and will stay off until there's a decent match to watch over the weekend.

fabienleclerq

spoke to a well fan today, he reckons usual paper talk about a player to play OF in a big game. R.E cup final

I don't think Lennon will be concerned much about Hearts signing targets and I certainly don't think he'd sign a player just to stop Hearts signing him.Too much Wedding Day champers for the OP imo.

Spot on,how big a team do some people think we are.

If lennon wants Sutton it's because he rates him,not to stop us getting him ,FFS get a grip.

Anyway it could and more than likely will be his agent doing a very good job of getting his player a cracking deal,he's 28 and this will probably be his last BIG contract.

Not sure about that. As i say, maybe just paper talk, it wouldn't be the weeg press if they didn't try to sh!tstir but over the years when Hearts have been linked to players they end up at the oldfirm. They moan about lack of competition but when another club gives them any sort of challenge they sign players just to pz others off, usuallly don't even play them.

Oh and the wedding day champers comment...? No interest in it TV's been off all day and will stay off until there's a decent match to watch over the weekend.

Name three,and not some fanciful dream like Naismith,we were never in a month of sundays going to get him never mind asking about him.

Name three,and not some fanciful dream like Naismith,we were never in a month of sundays going to get him never mind asking about him.

Hmmm.... short memory eh? Naismith WAS approached by Hearts, a YEAR before he ended up there, as was Boyd, Barry Robson when he was at Utd before he went to Celtic, McDonald at M'well before HE ended up there, even Hibs were in for him back then, and even Kenny Miller when he was down South, quoted as saying he would not rule out a move to Tynecastle, remember reading it sitting outside the shop i bought the paper in. 5 enough for you?

Hmmm.... short memory eh? Naismith WAS approached by Hearts, a YEAR before he ended up there, as was Boyd, Barry Robson when he was at Utd before he went to Celtic, McDonald at M'well before HE ended up there, even Hibs were in for him back then, and even Kenny Miller when he was down South, quoted as saying he would not rule out a move to Tynecastle, remember reading it sitting outside the shop i bought the paper in. 5 enough for you?

So what your telling me is that Hearts were interested in all these players but the OF snapped them up from under our noses a season later,and didn't play much just so as we couldn't sign them,give me strength.

All these players went on to have huge careers for the OF,THAT IS WHY THEY SIGNED THEM.

PS I ment three that have had talks with us then went to the OF and sat on the bench for the reast of their time,just to pz us of.

alwaysthereinspirit

Any chance of naming these players the OF have stolen from us when the cat was let out off the bag that we were interested.

Usual paper sloblox. From what I read there were no direct quotes from Lennon, only a "source" saying that Sutton had been playing well this season.

portobellojambo1

Probably Lennon is looking for a replacement for Chris Killen, a big striker who will be able to play rubbish pre season friendlies and tour matches, and the odd Co-op Cup match.

Which is possibly why they had Garry O'Connor through there the other day (by all accounts).

Papers will put information in which they think their readers will find interesting/worth commenting on, whether or not the information is correct is way down their list of priorities. If newspapers were only allowed to print facts very few of them would still be getting published.

Dont be so bloody ridiculous.

Going by the Lemons response today i reckon he is firmly interested though.

Dont be so bloody ridiculous.

Going by the Lemons response today i reckon he is firmly interested though.

That's a pity,the reason we suffer in these circumstances is that we usually ###### about,"waiting till the end off season" by then everyone is interested and were left banging our heads as to why they didn't sign for us,Barr and Black being the exeption to the rule but even then I doubt if any bigger clubs than Hearts were that interested in them.

Guest Ultraviolet Catastrophe

Now, why doesn't that surprise me!?

Perhaps it's because he's a good player?

Just a guess like.

scott_jambo

Scott Macdonald's agent punted him around Hearts and Hibs and we didn't take him.

Ended up signing for Celtic.

Don't make the same mistake twice.

Scott Macdonald's agent punted him around Hearts and Hibs and we didn't take him.Ended up signing for Celtic.

Don't make the same mistake twice.

We couldn't afford him at the time IIRC,may be to late to get Sutton now me thinks.

scott_jambo

We couldn't afford him at the time IIRC,may be to late to get Sutton now me thinks.

Not true.

Archived